Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 07:32 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Stop trying to portray Mexican culture as something evil.
Believe me; with the riffraff that we already have here of any race/ethnicity--------the last thing we need is an immigrant 'culture' trying to tell us Americans what to do. Be it Mexican, Irish, Hungarian, etc.

Assimilate or leave.

Why I am such a hardass these days is due in large part to our worthless cabal of criminals AKA the US government putting foreigners ahead of citizens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 PM

447 posts, read 798,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
This is Mexican culture,

Disclaimer the photos presented here aren't in any way meant to create any profit or disrespect copyright laws.

Fair use - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

a beautiful place and culture..so why the mass illegal immigration from this part of the world?

Last edited by Marka; 12-04-2007 at 06:48 AM.. Reason: edited quote

Old 11-26-2007, 09:05 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Kidnapping is spreading to the USA now...we've had a couple of high-profile ones here...
If your claiming that US citizens are being kidnapped in the USA, and taken over the border, I would like to see the reference. We had an extensive discussion about this a few weeks ago and the claim was never substantiated. I believe the focus was the Laredo area, but if you have something showing this is actually happening, I would welcome the reference.

Old 11-26-2007, 10:38 PM

2 posts, read 3,262 times
Smile SUper Nice, I totaly Agree

Quote:
I agree with you bunky 100% but what about the Mexican citizens who respect them?

You know I've never gone to the USA ilegally, I have my visa, it wasn't a cakewalk to get it but I managed to get one, and thousands of my friends have done the same thing, that's why I think that people from the USA should know that the big majority of Mexico's population do respect laws.

Sometimes I feel bad about illegal immigration I accept it, this comes from the heart ok? I feel sad for everybody, for those who have been affected by illegal immigrants and for the people who become illegal

Sometimes I have to accept being 100% honest that I get to think, my friends from America are right, they have the right to protect their country and their laws should be respected actually think in this, Mexican citizens are affected by illegal immigration too, how? well we need visas to enter to the USA when we can enter to 98% of the countries of the world without them, now there is a growing prejudice against people from Mexican origin legal or not because of this, but then other times a deep part inside of me rebels and screams, wake up!! this is not right there should be free flow between countries all of them, we are all human beings and brothers, let's heal the world let the divine energy of love unite ourselves.

Please friends with the heart understand my confusion, and know that even though I have these internal struggles from time to time, I wish nothing but the best to everybody of you.

You are my dear brothers you know? there is no Mexican or American, or Chinese, or German or Whatever in my heart, I love you all, love and light for all mankind!

God bless us all

I totaly agree with this statment, more like a prose lol, um there shoul dbe no boundaries between the countries I would love the idea of the whole world becomin gone naition, I think everything would be much better. And we are all humans although we all look different we all have the same biological "composition". We shouldn't be sperated by borders that cause fight liek in Venezuela and its neighboring country the one with president Uribe, just saw a news report fighting verbally. Id love to have a world united soe we could fight evil aliens together and more effectively if there is ever any need, I know that randon, lol. Yes I do believe in aliens

I am a MExican American/ MEXICAN/ Hispanic/ Latino whatever.
I love my culture its so colorfull, and good (food,lol, and music and dance and traditions.

lLaterz, Peace
"Never stop smiling"
-Smiley

Old 11-26-2007, 10:40 PM

2 posts, read 3,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
a beautiful place and culture..so why the mass illegal immigration from this part of the world?

Super nice picture, thats why I love my cultue and Mexico. Nice
Smiley waz not here, lol.

Old 11-27-2007, 12:55 AM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
Travelling fella, its good to have a moderate voice like you here. My parents are immigrants from Taiwan but I feel very stronlgy against illegal immigration regardless of what country or region they are from. Most of us just want to be Americans and are patriotic and loyal to this country. The only flag you will find on my car or window is the American one. I am embarassed and disgusted when illegal aliens wave foreign flags on our soil demanding the right to stay here or when British-born Muslims blow themselves up in their own country. It gives all minorites a bad name. The belief in Aztlan happens to be widespread in the illegal community, particularly among leftists. On a side note I think the rise of leftism across Latin America is very distrubing, as is the rise of leftism in the US with the possibility of a Hillary Clinton presidency.

About Mexico...yes its true. Where I live there are very very few Mexicans but we have a large population of Salvadorans and Guatemalans that people call "Mexicans" or sometimes "Spanish". Actually I work with a girl whose part Nicaraguan and she calls herself "part Spanish"! I am not making things up when I say that the most violent gang in my state is a Salvadoran gang called MS-13 and that illegal cause a large amount of crime and violence here, including drug dealing, robbery, carjacking and drunk driving.

I think Americans have a love-hate relationship with Mexico and Mexico conjures contrasting images for us. Some time ago for me Mexico was what was on those tortilla chip packages and on Mexican restaurant menus, the cute image of the desert, cactuses, mariachis, sombreros in cute little villages with plazas and churchs etc.

Then from the media, both news and entertainment, the image of Mexico is of seedy border towns like Tijuana and Juarez, drug traffickers, illegal aliens and mass poverty with shantytowns. Linked to this was the image of Mexico as a place where rules don't apply. There are at least a hundred movies where criminals try to escape across the border. Also I listen to mostly country music and every song about Mexico is about going there to get drunk and party or finding women. Tim McGraw actually wrote a song called "That's Why God Made Mexico" and Toby Keith has one called "What Happens down in Mexico stays in Mexico." I think you'll get a kick out of the video "You Save Me" by Kenny Chesney which is stereotypical to the point of being funny with every cliched image in any movie present. This is on YouTube and on CMT : Country Music Television : Videos and News Headlines : Artist Photos and Bios : Downloads just look up Kenny Chesney.

Then the final image Americans have is that of paradise... spring break, tropical beaches, palm trees, places like Cancun, Acapulco, Los Cabos, Puerto Vallarta....I do hope to visit all these places someday. Though I consider myself educated enough to know that the real Mexico is nether Tijuana nor Cancun but probably someplace like Monterey or Guadalajara.

Old 11-27-2007, 02:18 AM

2,010 posts, read 2,371,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitruvian2010 View Post
Id love to have a world united soe we could fight evil aliens together and more effectively if there is ever any need, I know that randon, lol. Yes I do believe in aliens
So I don't get it, are you anti or pro illegal.......alien? After all, we're all from the same universe. I don't think there should be borders between galaxies, the aliens coming here may just be looking for a better life, and it would be inhumane to deny them that. We'll offer them a "free and fast" immigration program, and the ones already living on the planet illegally should be granted amnesty. They'll probably just take the jobs humans don't want or are too lazy to do anyway.

Old 11-27-2007, 05:48 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,269,602 times
Quote:
This is a sad and painful truth, but we haven't taken the next step in evolution (yet)

We gave women rights, abolished slavery in most of the world, we are starting to accept gay people, but we still kill innocent animals for food and criminalize human beings with rationalizations.

Ego Defense Mechanisms in Psychology 101 at AllPsych Online

there is no, i repeat, no rationalization for breaking the law...the painful truth is...in the U.S. there are laws, and everyone seems to believe they are above the law...period.

Old 11-27-2007, 06:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrapin2212 View Post
About Mexico...yes its true. Where I live there are very very few Mexicans but we have a large population of Salvadorans and Guatemalans that people call "Mexicans" or sometimes "Spanish". Actually I work with a girl whose part Nicaraguan and she calls herself "part Spanish"! I am not making things up when I say that the most violent gang in my state is a Salvadoran gang called MS-13 and that illegal cause a large amount of crime and violence here, including drug dealing, robbery, carjacking and drunk driving.
You inadvertently 'called out' the White Supremacy in Hispanic culture------the Nicaraguan who refers to herself as 'part Spanish'. She tacitly is trying to deny her indigenous Indian heritage.

That lies in there when said people visit Spain and are treated like trash over there due to not being 'White'.

Much like the (racist) joke of when one's 'White' (or Asian) daughter marries a 'Mexican'; said Latino henceforth 'becomes' Spanish.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:10 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times
Vivski,

Sure there are nice parts in Mexico, the pictures are beautiful. Have you seen the rough parts? It will scare the pants off ya. I've been to Tijuana to work in an orphanage on many occasions and it's a different world. This is how I'd describe how bad it is, you feel like your in the 19th century, no joke. There are no such things as roads, people dry their clothes outside, they live in shacks, an two car American garage is considered a big home, thousands of orpahns, numerous prostitutes, people live in tents, a ton of disabilities among all people. Many kids are orphans because their parents spend the day scavenging through the city's dump looking for food. Now, there are rich Mexican people in Tijuana and other parts of Mexico, but 50% of this country is in total poverty. People come here for money and a better life, it's not the U.S. problem mass illegal immigration comes into our country. But if you take a little trip to the third world, you will understand completely why people say goodbye Mexico, Hello USA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration