U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 02:05 AM

28,006 posts, read 46,456,790 times

Advertisements

Immigrant Who Dreamed of Becoming Cop Does It the Only Way He Knows How _ by Breaking Law.

Oscar Ayala-Cornejo followed the path that leads many red-blooded Americans to law enforcement.

His family lived next to a crack house in Milwaukee, where he says he often heard gunshots and came home to find thieves had stolen the things that his father had worked hard to provide for his mother, older brother and sister.

ABC News: Immigrant Takes Cousin's ID, Becomes Cop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 03:06 AM

323 posts, read 664,267 times
Illegal Aliens not only hurt themselves, they hurt their children. It is a sad story for sure but he knew what he was doing. Maybe he should have tried to do things right. idk.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:09 AM

2,432 posts, read 6,012,526 times
This really bites. He's a criminal, so every single case he's ever testified in, made an arrest in, or investigated will now come under review.

Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 AM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
OTHER NEWS---IMMIGRANT RUNS FOR GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA---WINS---AND MOVES INTO THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION.......(He's running it right NOW, although he's still having trouble pronouncing it)....

Old 11-25-2007, 11:52 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,678,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This really bites. He's a criminal, so every single case he's ever testified in, made an arrest in, or investigated will now come under review.
I agree as well...........

This illegal immigrant is a poster child for both streamlining the legalization of those immigrants who try to obey the law-------and, harshly punishing those who are flagrant lawbreakers. The man in question is guilty of identity theft at the minimum.

Old 11-25-2007, 01:24 PM

9,310 posts, read 25,735,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
OTHER NEWS---IMMIGRANT RUNS FOR GOVERNOR OF CALIFORNIA---WINS---AND MOVES INTO THE GOVERNOR'S MANSION.......(He's running it right NOW, although he's still having trouble pronouncing it)....
Good one, macmeal, but NOT quite on the same trackl

Although I am not an Arnold fan, he entered this country LEGALLY and was LEGALLY elected by the citizens of California which, hopefully, were all in this country LEGALLY (another topic altogether) before they voted.

As for his ability to pronounce California . . . possibly an act?

Old 11-25-2007, 03:37 PM

8,973 posts, read 14,635,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Good one, macmeal, but NOT quite on the same trackl

Although I am not an Arnold fan, he entered this country LEGALLY and was LEGALLY elected by the citizens of California which, hopefully, were all in this country LEGALLY (another topic altogether) before they voted.

As for his ability to pronounce California . . . possibly an act?
I'm not arguing your point--but I'll remind you that the title of this thread refers to an "immigrant" doing acts of mischief, not an illegal...ILLEGAL immigrants and LEGAL immigrants are not one-and-the-same, much as some folks would like to make it so.
(actually, just to be fair, I took the time to read the entire article. It's sad and moving, but basically a story of a family's tragedy and some bad decisions, not really any sort of generalized treatment of illegal immigration itself...like a LOT of these news articles, it was just one specific isolated incident. But as a matter of fact, the guy WAS, as I suspected, an ILLEGAL immigrant, not just an IMMIGRANT. My "Arnold" reference, of course, was done as tongue-in-cheek sarcasm)..

Old 11-25-2007, 03:41 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,167,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starwalker Fallen Angel View Post
Illegal Aliens not only hurt themselves, they hurt their children. It is a sad story for sure but he knew what he was doing. Maybe he should have tried to do things right. idk.
How do they hurt their children?

Old 11-25-2007, 05:00 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
How do they hurt their children?
They hurt their children by putting them in them in the position they are in - deport the parents along with the children or deport the parents and let the children stay (with foster parents). This is a big problem, because the children did nothing wrong and are paying an emotional price, and in other ways.

Old 11-25-2007, 07:52 PM

323 posts, read 664,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
He is LEGAL. I have no problem with it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or