Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:12 PM

33 posts, read 60,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Do you really believe that my friend?

LOL let me show you some pictures of marches here, I live in the city of marches LOL because is the capital and the government offices are here.

Source: Blogzote.com

People here are protesting, against the reforms to social security.

in these one people is protesting for the "fraud" to lopez obrador (he's the guy with the gray hair)

source: Mark in Mexico

This manifestation is because police had to enter into a town that kidnapped the city hall and created their own government, originally Fox let them because he didn't want to appear as repressive, but they were getting more violent and out of control (see the machetes)

source: Gatopardo

This march was to ask for the freedom of the people who commited violent acts on the past march (those with the machetes)

source: http://plantonsantiaguito.lunasexta.org

This is a gay pride march in the city's main square

source: Recorriendo el DF, Noticias de la Ciudad de Mexico | DFinitivo

This march is against Mexico's teacher's syndicate corrupt leader (she's the lion and the president is jumping on the hook)

source: Revoluciones: el cambio empieza en ti

http://www.revoluciones.org/fotos/01marcha020507.jpg (broken link)

I don't know what this march was for, but it was a march

source La Crónica de Hoy / 28 de Noviembre de 2007

http://www.cronica.com.mx/nimagenes/1/56cba2cc91.jpg (broken link)

Look how tolerant Mexico's government is, when Obrador lost the elections he said that they robbed him and he made his own ceremony to become "president" LOL the government said that in a democracy everybody has freedom of speech, and what he did lacked any officiality

source: http://fotos.eluniversal.com.mx/web (broken link)

Look the magnitude of some marches

source: BBC NEWS | News Front Page

source: ImageShack 404 File not Found (broken link)

The United States has unlucky geography with this neighbor. God help us.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 09:49 PM

6,202 posts, read 11,445,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longoner View Post
The United States has unlucky geography with this neighbor. God help us.
Why do you see protesting as a bad thing? This is supposed to be a revolutionary country. Apparently the spirit of the Revolution has become complacent.

Now if the media would actually mention that there were protests in Washington instead of hiding it...

Old 11-28-2007, 09:54 PM

33 posts, read 60,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
Why do you see protesting as a bad thing? This is supposed to be a revolutionary country. Apparently the spirit of freedom has been complacent.

Now if the media would actually mention that there were protests in Washington instead of hiding it...
No, no problem with protesting/peaceful assembly. These scenes just reminded me of the massive protests by the illegals (coordinated by the Catholic Church), last year. You remember, the protests such as when they hung the American flag upside-down underneath the mexican flag. That's what I meant; that's what these marches remind me of.

Old 11-28-2007, 10:06 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by longoner View Post
No, no problem with protesting/peaceful assembly. These scenes just reminded me of the massive protests by the illegals (coordinated by the Catholic Church), last year. You remember, the protests such as when they hung the American flag upside-down underneath the mexican flag. That's what I meant; that's what these marches remind me of.
I remember those marches, longoner . . . they did more harm than good!

Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,434,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
I remember those marches, longoner . . . they did more harm than good!
This is true but these marches are in Mexico and they are composed of Mexican citizens using their citizen right to freedom of speech, and they are expressing democraticaly and peacefuly, they don't want to be american citizens, or have disrespected Ol' glory in any way

Old 11-29-2007, 05:21 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
I believe the same, but well imho she has a right if it's done peacefuly and in her country, what do you think? hmmm maybe if immigrants would do this in mexico and demanded for a more progressive immigration policy it would yield better results.

she's got iniciative at least, maybe these actions awaken something deeper within her, maybe not, only time will tell.
Lots of criminals have initiative. Too bad she won't channel that energy into something productive, like getting a JOB and supporting her CHILD.

Old 11-29-2007, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Lots of criminals have initiative. Too bad she won't channel that energy into something productive, like getting a JOB and supporting her CHILD.
This is true, but let's give her the benefit of doubt, learning and growing is a process, and you'll face periods of evolution and involution, maybe something good comes out of this?

Old 11-29-2007, 07:48 AM

3,589 posts, read 4,145,884 times
Quote:
This is true, but let's give her the benefit of doubt, learning and growing is a process, and you'll face periods of evolution and involution, maybe something good comes out of this?
No, she gets nothing from me. She's a criminal who repeatedly entered this country illegally, gave birth to a child to have an anchor into this country, then sought refuge in a church to avoid being deported, then has done nothing but whine, whine, whine now that she's back in Mexico where she belongs.

She needs to MOD CUT accept her fate, and hope her son isn't too disgusted with her to sponsor her when he turns 21.

Last edited by NewToCA; 11-29-2007 at 07:52 AM.. Reason: language

Old 11-29-2007, 09:12 AM

1,394 posts, read 2,770,110 times
Quote:
We did, she lost.

Old 11-29-2007, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
We did, she lost.
imho you only loose when you accept defeat and stop fighting, that's when you've really lost
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration