Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-14-2015, 06:08 PM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
We are seeing the same thing here in WA. Many of the hispanics who've lived here for 10+ years, are good, hardworking people. They are people who have worked dilligently, to assimilate into the culture and to raise their children as "Americans". The crime rate in neighboring, larger towns has skyrocketed! To me, the saddest part of it all, is in how the communities are looking at "skin color". It is heart wrenching, to watch our LT hispanic members, have to go through the pain....AGAIN, of being judged by the skin color and country of origin. BAD Hispanics don't care about anyone but themselves. They don't care who they hurt, even if they're hurting their OWN people! How sad is that?

Can't most of the white folks on this forum relate? Can't most of the dark skinned Americans relate? I think we ALL can relate. I don't care what your skin color is, your ethnic background, whether your ancestors were slaves or slave owners.

This is a HUMAN dilemna. Any white folks here been treated like crap, because you're white? Presumed racist against everybody else...because of your skin color? I know I have! You hard-working, law-abiding, awesome dark-brown folk (NA/AA etc)? Ever had someone step away from you, or treat you like you're guilty for something?...like they're mistrustful of you.....just because of your skin color?

Regardless of skin color, there are good and bad. We need to weed out the bad and do something about it. What we don't need, is for people to weed out others, based on skin color or country of origin.
To weed out those that entered the country illegally per immigration law despite their skin color or country of origin. When you break the law, it doesn't matter how "good" you are after that, it does not take away from breaking the law in the first place. I've seen people arrested years later for breaking laws and that is the way it should be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
And people say they refuse to adopt American values. I say this looks like successful integration...
It is fine as long as they are here legally. If they are here illegally, they need to be deported per the law.
We have had a lot of people that broke the law and successfully integrated and still apprehended and punished.

To me, we are blurring the line here and you are either legally present or illegally present. If illegally present, you need to go to your country of origin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2015, 06:31 PM

62,868 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
To weed out those that entered the country illegally per immigration law despite their skin color or country of origin. When you break the law, it doesn't matter how "good" you are after that, it does not take away from breaking the law in the first place. I've seen people arrested years later for breaking laws and that is the way it should be.

It is fine as long as they are here legally. If they are here illegally, they need to be deported per the law.
We have had a lot of people that broke the law and successfully integrated and still apprehended and punished.

To me, we are blurring the line here and you are either legally present or illegally present. If illegally present, you need to go to your country of origin.

Agree with you totally. Excellent post.

Old 12-14-2015, 07:27 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,604,545 times
A taste of their own medicine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration