Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:44 AM

50,269 posts, read 47,023,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
i believe their claim.
Of course.

But, no one believes it when Americans claim the same.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2014, 08:04 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Here's a tidbit for you. These illegals coming from tribes in Mexico identify themselves as "Indians".
From the last census, 70% of "American Indians" living in NYC are of Hispanic origin.

I wonder if they realize they hit the "minority" jackpot here ?

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/ny...dian.html?_r=0

Old 02-04-2014, 08:28 AM

62,938 posts, read 29,126,415 times
[quote=HappyTexan;33320367]Here's a tidbit for you. These illegals coming from tribes in Mexico identify themselves as "Indians".
From the last census, 70% of "American Indians" living in NYC are of Hispanic origin.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/ny...dian.html?_r=0[/quote

Actually, 60% of Mexicans are Mestizos a mix of Euro-Spanish and Mexican indian. They can pretend to only be the latter rather than the former but the fact remains that they are both. If they weren't they wouldn't be speaking Spanish as their primary language for one thing. Many of these illegals from Mexico play up their indio side and play down their Spanish roots so they can lay claim to the U.S. when actually their indio ancestors didn't even settle within our borders but in Mexico instead.

Old 02-04-2014, 04:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,899,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Here's a tidbit for you. These illegals coming from tribes in Mexico identify themselves as "Indians".

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/04/ny...dian.html?_r=0
IMHO hell NO! Those Indians are citizens of Mexico so; if here illegally, they have the same "rights" as any other illegal alien in the US. US law overrules "Indian" law in most things. Mexican law in Mexico overrules Aztec and so on "law" too.

Old 02-05-2014, 04:45 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,414,577 times
Gotta love how the liberal professors smear the older Mexicans as being basically racist.

Old 02-05-2014, 05:15 PM

11 posts, read 8,923 times
What If Illegals Don't Want to Come Out of the Shadows? - The Rush Limbaugh Show

Quote:
CALLER: That's the first point that they brought up. The second point that was concerning them, though, is the scuttle talk... These guys were the guys from Mexico. I didn't talk to the Hondurans, the El Salvadorans, the Bolivians, and the guys from down there in Guatemala. I didn't even talk to those guys. These are guys are from Mexico.
The second thing that has really got them concerned is the talk back home. The guys back home in Mexico are getting ready to make a massive surge into our country. As this thing starts progressing and they're watching it, they're going to start making a massive surge. You think we've got 300 or 400 a day down here a day in Texas coming across? It will be three, four thousand a day.
Illegals are not stupid. They don't want their wages to go down.

Cesar Chavez used to go to the border to report illegals undercutting his Hispanic workers.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:53 AM

8,003 posts, read 11,722,203 times
We are seeing the same thing here in WA. Many of the hispanics who've lived here for 10+ years, are good, hardworking people. They are people who have worked dilligently, to assimilate into the culture and to raise their children as "Americans". The crime rate in neighboring, larger towns has skyrocketed! To me, the saddest part of it all, is in how the communities are looking at "skin color". It is heart wrenching, to watch our LT hispanic members, have to go through the pain....AGAIN, of being judged by the skin color and country of origin. BAD Hispanics don't care about anyone but themselves. They don't care who they hurt, even if they're hurting their OWN people! How sad is that?

Can't most of the white folks on this forum relate? Can't most of the dark skinned Americans relate? I think we ALL can relate. I don't care what your skin color is, your ethnic background, whether your ancestors were slaves or slave owners.

This is a HUMAN dilemna. Any white folks here been treated like crap, because you're white? Presumed racist against everybody else...because of your skin color? I know I have! You hard-working, law-abiding, awesome dark-brown folk (NA/AA etc)? Ever had someone step away from you, or treat you like you're guilty for something?...like they're mistrustful of you.....just because of your skin color?

Regardless of skin color, there are good and bad. We need to weed out the bad and do something about it. What we don't need, is for people to weed out others, based on skin color or country of origin.

Old 02-09-2014, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
We are seeing the same thing here in WA. Many of the hispanics who've lived here for 10+ years, are good, hardworking people. They are people who have worked dilligently, to assimilate into the culture and to raise their children as "Americans". The crime rate in neighboring, larger towns has skyrocketed! To me, the saddest part of it all, is in how the communities are looking at "skin color". It is heart wrenching, to watch our LT hispanic members, have to go through the pain....AGAIN, of being judged by the skin color and country of origin. BAD Hispanics don't care about anyone but themselves. They don't care who they hurt, even if they're hurting their OWN people! How sad is that?

Can't most of the white folks on this forum relate? Can't most of the dark skinned Americans relate? I think we ALL can relate. I don't care what your skin color is, your ethnic background, whether your ancestors were slaves or slave owners.

This is a HUMAN dilemna. Any white folks here been treated like crap, because you're white? Presumed racist against everybody else...because of your skin color? I know I have! You hard-working, law-abiding, awesome dark-brown folk (NA/AA etc)? Ever had someone step away from you, or treat you like you're guilty for something?...like they're mistrustful of you.....just because of your skin color?

Regardless of skin color, there are good and bad. We need to weed out the bad and do something about it. What we don't need, is for people to weed out others, based on skin color or country of origin.
The "color line" is a BIG problem WITHIN the "Black", "Hispanic", Asian and even anglo white worlds except maybe in "Black" Africa. The common thing is the "lighter skin" the better. I'm gonna say it's a problem with American Indians too but not as bad.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:33 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nearly all of Greenfield's 16,300 people are Latino — and yet an ugly conflict has been brewing between longer-time residents and newcomers from another part of Mexico.
Established residents say a massive influx of migrants from the Mexican state of Oaxaca has changed their city for the worse.

Older Mexican immigrants say newer ones have ruined their California farm town | Mail Online

WOW. Stuff like this could def turn Cali's Chicanos AGAINST illegal aliens even tho they're from Mexico.
Its Mexican class warfare. Those from Oaxaca are more indian than the regular mestizo Mexicans.

Old 02-13-2014, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Its Mexican class warfare. Those from Oaxaca are more indian than the regular mestizo Mexicans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
The "color line" is a BIG problem WITHIN the "Black", "Hispanic", Asian and even anglo white worlds except maybe in "Black" Africa. The common thing is the "lighter skin" the better. I'm gonna say it's a problem with American Indians too but not as bad.
Agreed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration