U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2014, 09:49 PM

20,611 posts, read 12,322,268 times

Advertisements

Nearly all of Greenfield's 16,300 people are Latino and yet an ugly conflict has been brewing between longer-time residents and newcomers from another part of Mexico.
Established residents say a massive influx of migrants from the Mexican state of Oaxaca has changed their city for the worse.

Older Mexican immigrants say newer ones have ruined their California farm town | Mail Online

WOW. Stuff like this could def turn Cali's Chicanos AGAINST illegal aliens even tho they're from Mexico.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2014, 10:41 PM

222 posts, read 185,337 times
How ironic.

Old 01-17-2014, 08:12 AM

31,837 posts, read 14,662,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Nearly all of Greenfield's 16,300 people are Latino and yet an ugly conflict has been brewing between longer-time residents and newcomers from another part of Mexico.
Established residents say a massive influx of migrants from the Mexican state of Oaxaca has changed their city for the worse.

Older Mexican immigrants say newer ones have ruined their California farm town | Mail Online

WOW. Stuff like this could def turn Cali's Chicanos AGAINST illegal aliens even tho they're from Mexico.
Too bad that the majority of Latinos don't feel this way. I doubt that they ever will no matter how negatively they are impacted by illegal immigration.

Old 01-17-2014, 10:17 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,010,089 times
LOL..sounds awfully like the older Cubans in Miami when the younger ones came.
I lived in south Florida during the late 70's and 80's when they started landing on the shores.
The first batch of Cubans were middle class, educated white collar workers.
The last batch (not counting the criminals released) were uneducated, unskilled poor.

Old 01-20-2014, 08:21 PM

6,609 posts, read 11,659,208 times
I mean it shows the older generation of Mexican Americans have assimilated more into American culture and recognize how we do things differently here in America. This article says the new people don't even speak Spanish. Its probably only a matter of time before they start demanding their own language spoken too. That's why we should make English the official language of the USA.

Old 01-20-2014, 10:19 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,810,130 times
Well --- the same is true for Mexicans in Mexico -- they complain very loudly if any illegals are sent home. They claim it increases crime in Mexico when illegals are deported.

Old 01-28-2014, 09:43 AM

24,058 posts, read 17,654,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Well --- the same is true for Mexicans in Mexico -- they complain very loudly if any illegals are sent home. They claim it increases crime in Mexico when illegals are deported.
i believe their claim.

Old 02-01-2014, 09:49 AM

47,576 posts, read 58,810,130 times
Also though -- not all "Chicanos" immigrated or immigrated illegally. Some of them are descended from the people who were here before it was the USA. Cesar Chavez was against illegals coming here to bring down wages and take jobs from Americans.

Old 02-01-2014, 11:10 AM

86,093 posts, read 70,010,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I mean it shows the older generation of Mexican Americans have assimilated more into American culture and recognize how we do things differently here in America. This article says the new people don't even speak Spanish. Its probably only a matter of time before they start demanding their own language spoken too. That's why we should make English the official language of the USA.
They don't speak Spanish.
They speak an indigenous tribal language.
And they don't understand spoken Spanish either.
The US has nearly 1 million of indigenous origin speaking up to 60 different indigenous languages.
They don't speak English and they don't' speak Spanish.

Old 02-01-2014, 12:58 PM

5,414 posts, read 7,642,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post

LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingObeat View Post
How ironic.
Very.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
This is something I noticed in my last years in CA before moving. I think the newer immigrants coming across the border are from somewhere much further south, they're quite a bit darker skinned and either speak a tribal language or they speak a version of Spanish that is neigh-unintelligible to other Spanish speakers. They seem to be the ones committing crimes more and more among immigrant groups (usually by their kids, who also do not assimiliate but DO learn to speak Spanish, and clique up with other kids or groups...)

And I didn't even have to read the article to know that. It simply confirms what I saw the last 5 or so years I was in California. (approx 120 mi south of Salinas)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or