U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Thanksgiving Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2007, 09:59 PM

89 posts, read 10,538 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Heck: one of your Irish leaders has a US born 'Hispanic'------Eamon de Valera.

As for your genuine Mexican food fix------try over in London the Mestizo Restaurant.

Yes; I know it is in England, it will not kill you

Besides: there are actually things like RHD 1964 Chevy Impala's over in the UK if you want to go true 'vato'
London...ugh...never!!!!

We have Dublin...far nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2007, 10:00 PM

21,157 posts, read 26,433,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkonian View Post
London...ugh...never!!!!

We have Dublin...far nicer.
That I believe.........

Old 11-28-2007, 10:28 PM

4,805 posts, read 5,437,325 times
Hey Corkonian:

I'm going to Europe for three weeks come summer 2008. If I can make it over to your beautiful country, I'll give you a shout and perhaps we can hoist a pint together...Guinness of course, what else is there?

I'm happy to see that you've come to realize that perhaps we have a legitimate problem here in the U.S. of A. and that it isn't race based but based on the word of law and the sovereignty of our country's borders. We simply want them enforced.

Imagine your gorgeous country overrun by millions of Brits or even worse, the French!

Gives you the creeps just to think about it, eh?

Old 11-28-2007, 10:29 PM

7,713 posts, read 7,826,052 times
Quote:
I always thought it was reggaetron and I'm a big fan of Don Omars and Daddee Wankee.

Oh My!!! It's Daddy Yankee I do believe.
We are not the only country having problems with immigrants,.. look at France. It's a shame, and I feel for some people BUT, they are undocumented, and illegal. We have NO IDEA who is crossing the border. Could be desperate people with families, could be criminals. Add to that the problem of identity theft and you just don't know who you are dealing with, or what problems, including health issues they present. Drink a pint of stout for me!

Last edited by msina; 11-28-2007 at 10:43 PM.. Reason: spell

Old 11-29-2007, 01:39 AM

8,105 posts, read 10,046,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Hey Corkonian:

I'm going to Europe for three weeks come summer 2008. If I can make it over to your beautiful country, I'll give you a shout and perhaps we can hoist a pint together...Guinness of course, what else is there?

I'm happy to see that you've come to realize that perhaps we have a legitimate problem here in the U.S. of A. and that it isn't race based but based on the word of law and the sovereignty of our country's borders. We simply want them enforced.

Imagine your gorgeous country overrun by millions of Brits or even worse, the French!

Gives you the creeps just to think about it, eh?
Ireland is going through the same immigration problems with the Poles from what I read.

http://www.drakkart.com/eire2/2006/08/18/northern-ireland-poles-out--are-we-another-side-of-the-conflict/ (broken link)

Old 11-29-2007, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Ireland is going through the same immigration problems with the Poles from what I read.

http://www.drakkart.com/eire2/2006/08/18/northern-ireland-poles-out--are-we-another-side-of-the-conflict/ (broken link)
That's Ulster though, although there are a few Poles here too. Poland recently became a member of the EU, so these people now have a right to move to countries like Britain, France and Germany with no Visa requirements. Still, it doesn't compare to the problem the US has with illegal immigrants and besides, these people are actually legal anyway due to Poland being an EU country and Poles being EU citizens.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:32 AM

3,589 posts, read 395,767 times
Quote:
I'd be pissed off about that too. Seriously, you guys need to get the message across to your government so that they take notice and tighten border security. The only reason that illegal immigrants come to the United States is because they can.
Believe me, we're trying. I send faxes/letters to my Congressman and Senators regularly. Luckily my Congressman is Pete Sessions, who has a fine anti-illegal record. Both of Texas's Senators also seem to side more with Americans than illegals...but our President is another story.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:33 AM

3,589 posts, read 395,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post

http://www.drakkart.com/eire2/2006/08/18/northern-ireland-poles-out--are-we-another-side-of-the-conflict/

The Poles are legal.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Believe me, we're trying. I send faxes/letters to my Congressman and Senators regularly. Luckily my Congressman is Pete Sessions, who has a fine anti-illegal record. Both of Texas's Senators also seem to side more with Americans than illegals...but our President is another story.
Good luck! At least you're being proactive about it.

The way I see it, the US has 4 major issues that presidential canditates need to be addressing:

- Illegal immigration
- An exit strategy for Iraq
- Fixing health care
- Preventing the economy from going into recession

My vote would go to any man (or woman) with the best overall plan to address these problems.

Old 11-29-2007, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
The Poles are legal.
Indeed.

The flip-side is that if I wanted to, I could move to Warsaw tomorrow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration