Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2008, 11:26 PM

1,372 posts, read 3,750,243 times

Advertisements

Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~Reconquista? - Retaking of land formerly theirs.

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???

Old 07-30-2008, 11:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,733,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post
Just a question? Why are there soooo many little Mexican kids running around? I just drove through a low rent part of my mid size town (50,000 people) and I noticed a disproportionate number of strollers. I guessed that one in two of these women had a stroller, that bad. Why is this phenomena taking place?

~To intentionally have births to as many U.S. babies as possible in hope to reduce the chance of being deported and thus separated from their kids?

I can understand wanting to have kids, but I was raised in a culture where you wait to have kids until you are fiscally stable, and responsible. Some of these families live in squalor that is notably un American -and can probably only be viewed in these immigrant enclaves. Is this truly American to have an undercalss of non-English speaking mass producers???
Uh...yes?

But yeah, what youre seeing in your small town is evident of reconquista. Today the playgrounds and pre-schools. Tommorow, the world!

Old 07-30-2008, 11:34 PM

3,368 posts, read 11,630,938 times
Oh my. I don't even want to touch this with a ten foot pole. ¿Viva Aztlán?

Old 07-30-2008, 11:54 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,423,742 times
Another complaint about Hispanics with no relevance to immigration.

Old 07-30-2008, 11:59 PM

Maybe it isn't, and maybe I'm shooting into the dark. But think outside the box....

i.e. lasting effects of an impotent immigration policy? Use your head

Old 07-31-2008, 12:12 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,421,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Another complaint about Hispanics with no relevance to immigration.
It does have relevance because the really big breeders are directly from Mexico and are using food stamps, WIC, Medicaid and all the rest to support their large families. Mexico has one of the fastest reproductive rates in the world especially among it's lower classes. One reason Mexico demands unlimted immigration is that it does not want to support that many mouths in Mexico. They wish to use the USA as a population safety valve.

I doubt legal long-time American-hispanics with roots going way way back in this country are having many more children than other Americans as it costs quite a lot to raise a large family here. Those who want to live the middle class lifestyle tend not to have baby after baby especially with no husband in sight.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by big mean bear View Post

Half of Mexican girls have at least one child before age 20, many have 3 or 4 and most without the benefit of marriage.

There will most definitely be consequences in this type of reproduction -- just as there was in Mexico. Massive and desperate poverty is one. At some point they will overwhelm the ability of American taxpayers to support them.

Old 07-31-2008, 12:19 AM

I read somewhere that in the 50's the average Mexican woman had 9 children. Talk about breeding.... Imagine feeding that many mouths in poverty! And it doesn't stop them; they keep on having more!

Old 07-31-2008, 12:21 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,423,742 times
Ok I'll play..

In Mexico the birth rates have fallen to almost the same level as that of the US, Mexico 2.1 compared to 2.08 in the US.
That is a drastic change from 7 in Mexico from the 60's mostly because Mexico is losing its Catholic faith, becoming more educated and Americanized.

Mexican immigrants have more children in the US because children born in the United States automatically have U.S. citizenship.

Immigrants want to incorporate themselves into the society they are going to, and one way of doing that is by having children who are citizens of this new home country.

It is that easy, no hostile takeover, no Reconquista...sorry to kill your conspiracy buzz.

http://american.com/archive/2007/jun...l-solve-itself

Last edited by Mach50; 07-31-2008 at 12:33 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 12:54 AM

What seems to be going on is that most pregnant Mexican girls are crossing over the border to have their babies -- the big incentive obviously is that having the baby in the USA qualifies them for welfare benefits, in Mexico they would have to work for money.

Mexico isn't counting the out-of-country births evidently.

Hispanic Population In U.S. Soars, Census: Minority Group Accounts For Half Of 2.9M Population Growth - CBS News

The Hispanic growth rate for the 12 months starting July 2003 was 3.6 percent compared with the overall population growth of 1 percent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration