Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 04:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
I don't want them making my hamburgers. I'd rather pay more for a hamburger made by an American who gives a ***** about this country.

Today my BF and I went to Firehouse Subs and the owner of the franchise was right there behind the counter. The place was spotless and the food was fantastic; service was outstanding. Everbody working there was American. Go to a place like Quizno's or Subway and it's full of H2 visa holders or illegals...could be one or the other really...and the service sucks. They don't give a *****, they're only there to send money home and suckle off this country's teat.

They're sending money home because I don't know.. its theirs?!? They can do what ever the hell they want with it. I can do what ever the hell I want with my money. You have no say of what I can do with it.

If things go ****-up in this country they can just stroll back across the border. We Americans have to go down with the ship. That makes a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig difference.

No its not, I have a plan on moving to Canada if all goes bad.

With all due respect, I've actually been to a place that didn't have Mexicans. Ever been to in-and-out? They are mostly all teenagers. So tell me why I have to wait half an hour in line to get a friggen hamburger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 07:35 PM

902 posts, read 717,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
With all due respect, I've actually been to a place that didn't have Mexicans. Ever been to in-and-out? They are mostly all teenagers. So tell me why I have to wait half an hour in line to get a friggen hamburger?
Because they actually cook the burgers and fries.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:16 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I was born, raised and still live in south Florida. This area has been destroyed by relentless immigration. It started in the 60's before I was born. Cuban refugees from the dictator Castro were the first group. but they were only going to be here temporarily, till Castro was out of power. Well at least many were hard workers....things remained OK for a while. Next the US economy faltered after Peak Oil, the trade deficit brought in foreign investors, especially Arabs who began to drive up the cost of some property. Many got a reputation for being corrupt, and many businesses faltered. Things stabilized by the late 70's. In 1980 or so everything changed. Castro allowed all his undesireables to flee to Florida, and a huge invasion called the Mariel Boatlift took place. This established a foothold of Spanish speaking immigrants that overwhelmed neighborhoods and began the unstoppable decline of Florida. These refugees included many criminals and were from a communist country where the corruption and deceit were necessary to survive. The 80's were a time of rampant crime, drug dealing and Miami Vice. Rivers of dirty money created the real estate bubble that has since overtaken the entire state of Florida. Yet most of these people were "legal" immigrants because of a special promise from the US government to Cuban citizens, after all they were escaping an enemy nation ruled by a brutal dictator. The concentration of people who speak Spanish attracted other refugees from Central America. Rich Venezuelans and others found Miami a safe place to funnel their profits. This was the case in many rich, but unstable Latin American countries. This created a dual economy in Miami, one local and the other from foreign money. It has become so bad that only the fortunate few, or criminals can afford a good standard of living anywhere in South Florida.

Unlike most areas the majority of problems in Miami are from LEGAL immigrants. The sheer volume of them has pushed south Florida to build-out. Poor refugees from Haiti, while largely repatriated exist in areas around the immigration office. Poverty exists steps from affluence, a true sign of a Latin American country. Anyone who wants to see what massive immigration can do, come to Miami. It is like a whole other country, because it is.

Haha, I went to Sawgrass Mills this past Sunday. It was like being in another country for sure! I get that feeling everytime I go South of Fort Lauderdale.

The ATM card reader gave instructions in Spanish at one store I was at, and I stood in a long line for Haagen Dazs. The entire time I was the ONLY person who ordered in English. The servers were all Latino teenagers (bilingual of course).

You could tell they all KNEW English though, and would speak it when they had to, but preferred to speak Spanish. There was nothing MAKING them speak English.

My trip only solidified my view that Hispanics HAVE to stop being referred to as a "race" or minority group, however. Probably 75% of them looked like typical Europeans.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:57 PM

3 posts, read 6,618 times
im with you pro!

Old 12-04-2007, 07:58 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,342,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Haha, I went to Sawgrass Mills this past Sunday. It was like being in another country for sure! I get that feeling everytime I go South of Fort Lauderdale.

The ATM card reader gave instructions in Spanish at one store I was at, and I stood in a long line for Haagen Dazs. The entire time I was the ONLY person who ordered in English. The servers were all Latino teenagers (bilingual of course).

You could tell they all KNEW English though, and would speak it when they had to, but preferred to speak Spanish. There was nothing MAKING them speak English.

My trip only solidified my view that Hispanics HAVE to stop being referred to as a "race" or minority group, however. Probably 75% of them looked like typical Europeans.
WE are not calling them a "race" - they, themselves, do. They see themselves, as seen by their marches and demands for their "rights", as a separate group discriminated against by the general society, even though they are illegal, btw.

If they really wanted to succeed in America, they would not band together like that, because that only invites some sort of sympathy from us bad white people who then give them everything they demand, because we are pushed into guilt that they are the "poor minority" - oh, boo, hoo. If they wanted to truly become American, they would enter legally, learn the language, work hard and pay taxes, etc.

Old 07-11-2008, 02:13 PM

107 posts, read 327,477 times
Why is everybody on this thread "not a member"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration