Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2014, 07:28 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

How is it illegals can set foot in one of the highest offices in the country?

Last edited by All American NYC; 01-30-2014 at 07:37 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2014, 08:08 AM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Obama refuses to meet with ICE officials? Sounds like a guilty conscience to me.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:02 PM

424 posts, read 467,906 times
And he gave the issue about 10 seconds of time, appropriate given that only 20% of Americans even thought the issue was important enough to address at all. He either knows the Republicans are going to cave and jump on board with a bipartisan amnesty bill under the disillusion they will gain more in Hispanic votes than they'll lose or he just wanted some window dressin' to make it look like he's still thinking about this nearly 100% Democrat contingency. Sadly, the former wouldn't shock me given the collective IQ of the GOP but I'm guessing the latter is the case.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:41 PM

8,016 posts, read 5,859,543 times
Remember, Obama is the first modern president to have TWO illegal alien family members living in the US on the taxpayer dime (Uncle Drunky and Loony Auntie Zetuni). Nothing he does with illegals would shock me, but it's disgraceful that he has even refused to meet with the head of ICE.

We have such a f**king pathetic president. And we have such a f**king pathetic group of politicians in D.C.

Old 01-30-2014, 12:44 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Well were the 6 illegals workers from the local meat processing plant working with someone else's ID or were the 6 plucked from the university where they are striving to become ideal citizens if only Congress will let them ?

I really want to see "diversity" when he picks illegals.
Why do we only get to see the clean cut "I want to be an American" college student ?
Why aren't we seeing the drug dealers, the landscape workers, the meat processing plant workers ?
Why aren't we seeing the 25 year old single mother of 4 who cannot speak English and has less than a 5th grade education ?

Old 01-30-2014, 02:00 PM

424 posts, read 467,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Well were the 6 illegals workers from the local meat processing plant working with someone else's ID or were the 6 plucked from the university where they are striving to become ideal citizens if only Congress will let them ?

I really want to see "diversity" when he picks illegals.
Why do we only get to see the clean cut "I want to be an American" college student ?
Why aren't we seeing the drug dealers, the landscape workers, the meat processing plant workers ?
Why aren't we seeing the 25 year old single mother of 4 who cannot speak English and has less than a 5th grade education ?
I hope you're speaking rhetorically. You know why! They want to put a clean and positive "face" on their campaign that middle America will relate to and sympathize with.

It's up to the American to study up and realize this public face only represents a small percentage of the people who will end up getting legalized. As to the kids, graduation rates at Hispanic-majority high schools are atrocious, and college attendance levels are worse still. As to the adults, the majority of those coming are from Mexico and have about 8 years of education on average. Far from bulking up the tax rolls as the propaganda machine keeps saying, the vast majority will end up pulling money out of the system through the earned income tax credit and public assistance in various forms - from free school lunches to LINK cards. Now, why would the proponents of an amnesty bill want you to see that, LOL!

Unfortunately, we live in such a segregated country with enough middle class people isolated from it that there's at least an off chance the tactic will work. Most Americans would freeze up with fear and shock if they walked into an urban neighborhood with a lot of recent illegal immigrants. Sadly, the majority of middle America hasn't, so doesn't really understand.

Last edited by Wicket; 01-30-2014 at 02:09 PM..

Old 01-30-2014, 04:59 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
I hope you're speaking rhetorically. You know why! They want to put a clean and positive "face" on their campaign that middle America will relate to and sympathize with.

It's up to the American to study up and realize this public face only represents a small percentage of the people who will end up getting legalized. As to the kids, graduation rates at Hispanic-majority high schools are atrocious, and college attendance levels are worse still. As to the adults, the majority of those coming are from Mexico and have about 8 years of education on average. Far from bulking up the tax rolls as the propaganda machine keeps saying, the vast majority will end up pulling money out of the system through the earned income tax credit and public assistance in various forms - from free school lunches to LINK cards. Now, why would the proponents of an amnesty bill want you to see that, LOL!

Unfortunately, we live in such a segregated country with enough middle class people isolated from it that there's at least an off chance the tactic will work. Most Americans would freeze up with fear and shock if they walked into an urban neighborhood with a lot of recent illegal immigrants. Sadly, the majority of middle America hasn't, so doesn't really understand.
Agreed. Tho many people after they've had run ins with illegal aliens, their hearts turn cold towards them; which is a good thing. Mine did.

Old 01-30-2014, 05:18 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed. Tho many people after they've had run ins with illegal aliens, their hearts turn cold towards them; which is a good thing. Mine did.
Exactly. After working with immigrants and seeing how many were here illegally just to take advantage it turned my view. I used to believe they were here for a better life, but many are here for a better life on taxpayer money.

Old 01-30-2014, 06:38 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Exactly. After working with immigrants and seeing how many were here illegally just to take advantage it turned my view. I used to believe they were here for a better life, but many are here for a better life on taxpayer money.
Not only that but what gives them the right to a better life by competing for jobs against Americans at a lower wage when they don't even have the right to work in this country? Many Americans have lost their jobs to them or had their wages reduced. Aren't Americans entitled to a better life in their own country without unfair competition for jobs and resources from illegal foreigners? I am not giving a pass to those who hire them either. They are equally guilty! They need to take up their need for a better life with their own governments.

Old 01-30-2014, 11:17 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not only that but what gives them the right to a better life by competing for jobs against Americans at a lower wage when they don't even have the right to work in this country? Many Americans have lost their jobs to them or had their wages reduced. Aren't Americans entitled to a better life in their own country without unfair competition for jobs and resources from illegal foreigners? I am not giving a pass to those who hire them either. They are equally guilty! They need to take up their need for a better life with their own governments.
Agree 100%. They are here illegally and have no right to steal either jobs or welfare from Americans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration