Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times

Advertisements

Suffolk Life Newspapers - You Don't Seem To Mind

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
This was written to a NewsPaper by an Illegal and printed.

I am a felon. I know it, you know it and your government knows it. I have broken every law in your country to come here, but you don't seem to mind. I come from El Salvador, Cuba, Venezuela, Ecuador, Brazil, Peru, Mexico, China, Japan, Nigeria, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq, India and many other countries.

I manage and operate most of your gas stations and you don't seem to mind. I stand outside your 7-Eleven each morning. A car comes to pick me up for work. They show me where the work is, how the work is done and pay me each day in cash. At the end of the week, I wrap up your American money and mail it to my homeland. I understand this takes your cash out of circulation, it is replaced with nothing and is a threat to your economy, but you don't seem to mind.
When I'm hurt or not feeling well I go to the emergency room and receive free medical care. I understand the hospital and staff are working for free, but you don't seem to mind.
I love it here so much I have encouraged my family to come as well. When I tell my family they will get free healthcare and a free education they wonder why you don't care, but I have no answer. I have purchased a car and now go directly to where the work is. I have no car insurance, I do not pay taxes, I do not pay disability, or workers compensation so I can offer a much lower bid price for the same work you are bidding on. What a great country this is.
I understand this will put you out of business, but you don't seem to mind. I must be entitled. I love America. The things I do here would be illegal in my homeland, but here in America it seems I am entitled. In my homeland, if I did not pay taxes I would be sent to jail for tax evasion. If I took work from another it could mean my death, but here in America you don't seem to mind. If you come to my homeland you will only be allowed to stay a designated amount of time and you must provide my government with the address of where you will be staying. That's the law. If you do not leave on your own, we will jail you until we are able to deport you. You will never find English spoken on the television or radio, we only speak my native language because we are proud of it. My country could never afford to be as generous as America. Our dollar would plummet and our economy would collapse under the added burden. Our people would be unable to pay their bills without work. They would foreclose on their homes and wreak havoc in our housing market. We could never be as generous as America because we understand it would be the death of our country.
Sarah Nuccio
Manorville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,214,577 times
Sincerely doubt it was written by an illegal.

Actually, I believe you will find it was written by a citizen, from their perspective of an illegal's attitude.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:15 PM

1,511 posts, read 978,086 times
wow, a worst case scenario. should i post a best case scenario? you know, the ones that dont send money outside of the country, dont use free education, pay all taxes without receiving benefits, and dont use healthcare services? what do you think about that? all giving and no receiving. better for the country than most of us.

Old 11-30-2007, 09:58 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Speaks volumes, mkfarnam!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:05 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,129 times
Great post mkfarnam! Clearly, it speaks volumes, and every bit the truth. I'd give you rep points if I could.

Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,426,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
Sincerely doubt it was written by an illegal.

Actually, I believe you will find it was written by a citizen, from their perspective of an illegal's attitude.
I was thinking the same thing when I read it.

But it's every bit the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration