U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2014, 11:07 AM

16,437 posts, read 19,150,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
In one word, yes. Another tactic they use is using PC terms such as "udocumented immigrant,worker,citizen' ,etc. to not call attention to them actually being illegal aliens.
"Illegal alien is an insulting term" Justice Sotomajor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2014, 12:33 PM

8,063 posts, read 3,891,530 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
Obviously the extremists are the people asking for illegals to obey our country's laws.
That's about the size of it. Its really going come down to hard decisions and I am for America First. We need to protect our Economy and our jobs. The influx of these people work under the table which caused the over all wages go down in service industries.

Old 02-21-2014, 01:04 PM

9 posts, read 12,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
That's about the size of it. Its really going come down to hard decisions and I am for America First. We need to protect our Economy and our jobs. The influx of these people work under the table which caused the over all wages go down in service industries.
What protects "our" economy? Unions, golden parachuted executives and shareholders are as much a threat to our economy and our jobs as illegals. Responsible tax spending arguably hurts our jobs (i.e. M1 Abrams tanks, Big Dig, Mid America Airport). So should we support (gasp) MORE pork spending? Will we cut golden parachutes (and how would responsible spending Republicans get that past their leadership)? Will we protect our jobs in one respect and leave them out to dry/ignore them in other respects? Protecting our economy may not always protect our jobs, and vice versa.

Also, what is "ours"? Companies are so international now, that my Toyota, and soon my Airbus, may be more American than my Iphone. How do we protect jobs and not shareholders? How do we reward American workers and stand up to foreign shareholders or golden parachuted failures of executives? Can we? Maybe the Pandora's box has already been opened. Maybe we've already tumbled past the tipping point. And we're too far from the tipping point in the other direction where the grassroots creation/innovation economy fueled by everyday people is unleashed.

I did not mean to add other topics to this thread, or to single anyone out, but issues relating to our economy are inseparably intertwined, I think. I guess the economy triggers a lot of thoughts in my head.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:40 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,019,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRIDI View Post
What protects "our" economy? Unions, golden parachuted executives and shareholders are as much a threat to our economy and our jobs as illegals. Responsible tax spending arguably hurts our jobs (i.e. M1 Abrams tanks, Big Dig, Mid America Airport). So should we support (gasp) MORE pork spending? Will we cut golden parachutes (and how would responsible spending Republicans get that past their leadership)? Will we protect our jobs in one respect and leave them out to dry/ignore them in other respects? Protecting our economy may not always protect our jobs, and vice versa.

Also, what is "ours"? Companies are so international now, that my Toyota, and soon my Airbus, may be more American than my Iphone. How do we protect jobs and not shareholders? How do we reward American workers and stand up to foreign shareholders or golden parachuted failures of executives? Can we? Maybe the Pandora's box has already been opened. Maybe we've already tumbled past the tipping point. And we're too far from the tipping point in the other direction where the grassroots creation/innovation economy fueled by everyday people is unleashed.

I did not mean to add other topics to this thread, or to single anyone out, but issues relating to our economy are inseparably intertwined, I think. I guess the economy triggers a lot of thoughts in my head.
Uh; that's still NO reason to allow ILLEGAL aliens to work in the US. No country allows illegal aliens; even Mexico doesn't play nice with ITS illegals from Guatemala.

Old 02-21-2014, 05:47 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,899,724 times
I see the problem more as an administration who is against American law and wanting to be dictator instead of president. If the laws in this country were important to him he would spend more time enforcing them and less time trying to change perfectly good laws.

Old 02-22-2014, 04:54 PM

62 posts, read 73,941 times
We are being colonized . Our corrupt government is allowing it.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:18 AM

727 posts, read 525,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIRIDI View Post
It seems the battle over rhetoric is being won by the pro-amnesty crowd. Combine immigration, both legal and illegal, under one umbrella. Shift the focus away from the rules, and put the focus on un-American xenophobia. That those who are against illegal immigration are against immigration. And the anti-amnesty crowd is allowing the extremists to speak for them. These extremists sometimes have an extremely hostile, xenophobic tone that plays right into the hands of the pro-amnesty's campaign of confusion and dilution.

Thoughts? Perhaps I am wrong.
Yes. The line is being blurred, but not by immigrants who are here legally. They are our biggest allies in not allowing illegal immigration, or as I see it...breaking & entering.

There have been overrides to our laws by Obama's pen & by various states to the extent our laws almost don't matter anymore. California has not only passed legislation that allows illegals to get California driver's licenses, but also has allowed an illegal to become a bar-recognized lawyer in our court system!

Additionally,, illegals in California get financial aid for college, in-state tuition & there is a scholarship fund set up for illegals exclusively!

They are arrogant, demanding & have no interest in assimilating or becoming a U.S. citizen. They are for the most part the scourge of Mexico & are here for all the freebies they can get.

Keep voting for those left leaning politicians California. Who will pay for your welfare & food stamps when all of us tax paying citizens have left?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or