Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2010, 11:33 PM

2,205 posts, read 2,526,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridanative2 View Post
The only one I can think of is picking.
Just have to say as a landowner and familiar with many other farmers, organizations, colleges, boyscouts, farmer wannabes as well as locals wanting to make a few bucks stand in line to help. Co-op farming has also grown in popularity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2010, 11:49 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,367,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
It's just another lame half assed excuse used by those that want illegals here. It's BS.

I absoutely agree with you, it is a half --- excuse being used, by those who see no problem with illegals living here, and working here also.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
I absolutely agree with you, it is a half --- excuse being used, by those who see no problem with illegals living here, and working here also.
Yup. And I thank all of those who continually remind me that it is a game with those opposed to illegal alien reform and it's abolishment.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Most?????? What percent would that be? Most military people vote republican, most farmers big and small vote republican. Most small business owners vote republican. And its been the democrats who constantly block any law allowing business owners to require proof of legal status of potential employees.

Thank you tinman01, i was just goig to tell him what you have. Funny my Dad was a republician that started his own CPA firm, from the ground up, it did so very well, I don't know if any of you OLDER TIMERS remember THE TENNIS PLAYER PANCHO GONZALEZ he was my Dad's client Also Telly Savales, the bald headed guy, he was Greek. He did very well, always worked very hard, we had a very good upbringing. Because of my Dad's work ethics. He had a lot of famous clients, unfortunately i only got to meet Pancho and telly at the universal studios' telly was there, it was exciting, cause he got us onto the set. Do any of you remember either Pancho or Telly.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Thank you tinman01, i was just goig to tell him what you have. Funny my Dad was a republician that started his own CPA firm, from the ground up, it did so very well, I don't know if any of you OLDER TIMERS remember THE TENNIS PLAYER PANCHO GONZALEZ he was my Dad's client Also Telly Savales, the bald headed guy, he was Greek. He did very well, always worked very hard, we had a very good upbringing. Because of my Dad's work ethics. He had a lot of famous clients, unfortunately i only got to meet Pancho and telly at the universal studios' telly was there, it was exciting, cause he got us onto the set. Do any of you remember either Pancho or Telly.
Telly and his lollipop, of course...

He started all that bald headed thing you know

Old 02-08-2010, 12:15 AM

61,290 posts, read 87,073,039 times
true story. a ditch needed to be dug in the rough part of town in front yard of the welfare office.
18 bucks an hour cash no quesitons asked-- said the contractor. welfare office full of pumped up weight lifters waiting for his honey to get her check. no takers, not one.
been there done that. new orleans was rebuilt with mexican labor.
do you see where i am going with this conversation?

Old 02-08-2010, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
Yes, illegals cost more than they are worth - in terms of services like welfare and WIC, schooling for their children, and especially healthcare that we, the U.S. citizens, pay for. Not to mention more crime, and the ruin of our neighborhoods when 20 people pack into a small house, which, also, happens to be illegal (only a certain number of people per sq. footage allowed).

I sincerely agree with you, while as one said, no i don't think most of us hate illegals, just for the sake of it, this is not true. What we don't like and do hate is the cost assocaited with having illegals living in our Country. Welfare, WIC, Schooling, healthcare not to mention, the crime many do take along with them. Please don't get upset with me, i have to be honest, even in some of the nicer areas of Orange County, in very nice areas, large homes, I know of legal Mexican Residents, that have more then 3 of there illegal family from mexico living in the home. They have a brother and his family, Mother and Father, and Sister in law, on the other side, and 4 kids. They have 5 children of their own. Also this has happened in M.V. ca, where the same thing has gone on, this may be something that they do, but that is just too many people in one home, regadless of it's size, because they are here illegally. Illegally is exactly that. Illegals do cost more then they are worth, and are a burden to us. The guy is a very nice well spoken man, but he see's nothing wrong with having his illegal family members living in the home. In the one home there are 16 people living in it.

Old 02-08-2010, 02:03 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,174,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Last year we attended a wedding in western New York, in an area where there is little to no illegals. Guess what? The hotel had AMERICANS doing these jobs.

Same here on two recent trips to Boise, ID, and the rooms were clean.

Old 02-08-2010, 03:01 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,174,000 times
<<I believe the young ladies that clean the hotels do a wonderful job>>

Really? You may want to rethink that, because it would appear you get what you pay for. If you hire cheap workers, like illegal aliens, you're likely to get substandard work. Google 'dirty hotel rooms.'
[SIZE=6]
[/SIZE]

Old 02-08-2010, 03:04 AM

27,232 posts, read 46,500,101 times
alchemist, lithographer, typesetter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration