Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-05-2007, 06:13 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,933,628 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
40%...it does not matter. What matters is that the work Illegals are doing can be replaced by millions of American workers...DO NOT FORGET that when illegals are GONE there are that much less services/food/etc. that will not be needed, the work they do is expendable. America has got to stop buying into the big lie that we cannot do without them.
LOL!!! Thats the most idiotic statement ever. Immigrants have been doing the agricultural jobs since god knows when. Before the Latin Americans doing these jobs it was the Irish-- who were also misplaced when they first came here. I as an American would never do back breaking work for less than minimum wage. Farms don't have enough money to pay their workers $30 for simple and hard work like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,145,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
LOL!!! Thats the most idiotic statement ever. Immigrants have been doing the agricultural jobs since god knows when.
You are assuming that the only jobs being taken by illegals are in agriculture?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
You are assuming that the only jobs being taken by illegals are in agriculture?
Of course not, they do way more than just that. They are the ones building your house, creating infrastructure, for the most part taking the jobs that pay meagerly.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:22 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,726,259 times
Quote:
Of course not, they do way more than just that. They are the ones building your house, creating infrastructure, for the most part taking the jobs that pay meagerly.
Since when is construction a low paying job?

Oh yeah, since it was infiltrated by illegal aliens undercutting the wages of American citizens.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Since when is construction a low paying job?

Oh yeah, since it was infiltrated by illegal aliens undercutting the wages of American citizens.
Compared to other jobs that require degrees, excluding teachers, they make much less compared to jobs with degrees. Undercutting my a**. My dad works in construction and he says that people do the same thing and make half of what he does.

Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Since when are construction jobs low paying?

Heck, union laborers, in some areas of the country get 20/25 an hour!

And, I will repeat a statement made on another thread: There are NO jobs that legal residents won't do nor fill

Old 12-05-2007, 06:30 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,334,424 times
Quote:
Compared to other jobs that require degrees, excluding teachers, they make much less compared to jobs with degrees. Undercutting my a**. My dad works in construction and he says that people do the same thing and make half of what he does.
Pro,... I believe the poster reffered to "illegal workers" and by the way,.. Hi

Old 12-05-2007, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Not everyone want to get a degree.

There will always be those who can't get a degree

There will always be high school dropouts -

There will always be those to fill all the jobs out there

Old 12-05-2007, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Not everyone want to get a degree.

There will always be those who can't get a degree

There will always be high school dropouts -

There will always be those to fill all the jobs out there
Thats B.S, anyone can get a degree. Everyone can go to college, JC's charge what. $20 per credit?

Old 12-05-2007, 06:33 PM

Quote:
They are the ones building your house,
I could not let this pass: I know, with absolute certainty, that no illegal immigrants were involved, in any fashion nor component, in the construction of my home.

Just for the record
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration