U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-02-2007, 10:56 AM
 
635 posts, read 1,560,627 times
Reputation: 111

Advertisements

As you can see in these clips, illegal immigrants can easily come into the United States. These trips through the mountains and deserts can take 4-5 days of walking. You can see the terain the Border Patrol and illegal immigrants deal with. This proves the point the border is not secured. This shows desperate people do desperate things.


YouTube - Tecate to Campo Bordr Fence Part 4


YouTube - Tecate to Campo Bordr Fence Part 3



YouTube - Tecate to Campo Border Fence Part 5

The action in the section video begins at 5:00.

The third video shows a railroad tunnel which goes from Mexico to the U.S.

Enjoy!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:12 AM
 
Location: Camberville
11,404 posts, read 16,012,641 times
Reputation: 18068
I didn't watch all of it because the camera was giving me some serious motion sickness. :\ But serious question (that might have been answered in the video so sorry if it was)- are those sections of fences the standard height? How high are they? Is that the height that the "Border Fence" across the entire border is proposed to be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:26 AM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Reputation: 2983
Yes, the border has ALWAYS been pretty much "unsecured"...and I think we Americans are very "leery" of having a militarized, fortified border like so much of the world does. It doesn't seem very "American", although it may come to be more and more accepted.

Maybe we should see if we can find a more "sportsmanlike" group of illegals--ones who will agree to just try to climb OVER the sections of fence that we DO have, rather than going AROUND them..that's cheating !!!

Reminds me of the old Western comedy movie (starring James Garner) in which the town was too poor for a jail--- so they just had a cot in the corner of the Sheriff's Office, with a red line painted AROUND it, on the floor....sort of like an 1870's version of a "virtual jail cell".....operated mostly on the "honor system"...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 11:36 AM
 
635 posts, read 1,560,627 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I didn't watch all of it because the camera was giving me some serious motion sickness. :\ But serious question (that might have been answered in the video so sorry if it was)- are those sections of fences the standard height? How high are they? Is that the height that the "Border Fence" across the entire border is proposed to be?
All great questions. A way to overcome the motion sickness is to grab the moving time cursor and move it ahead. This is definently not the height of the proposed fence, the proposed 700 mile fence that's supposed to be built primarily along Arizona is probably at least 40 feet high and 40 feet into the ground. I remember I read it a while back. Yes the border fence you see is airplane hangar of ten feet and this is usually found in more remote areas with rugged terrain. This was a plan under the Clinton Administration called Operation Gatekeeper, to push illegals farther into deserts and remote areas, to deter them from crossing, the plan failed miserably. The large fence has been there for a long time is where checkpoints and obviously more people reside. It will take your breath away, it's intimidating. If you want to see this fence, I will show you, just let me know. By the way 24 tunnels have been found in the San Diego area since 2001, from 1993 to 2001 only two were discovered.

This was something I found in a USA today article:

In the El Centro area, a National Guard unit rides the existing fence line every day to plug holes left during incursions the night before. Much of the damage is inflicted by illegal immigrants who apparently are content to spend hours picking at the fence with hacksaws.
"It's amazing," says Sgt. Major Scott Waterhouse, assigned to National Guard's El Centro task force. "It never stops."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 12:21 PM
 
273 posts, read 178,628 times
Reputation: 101
I doubt even bullets zipping past the heads of illegals will be enough to detour them, though it will eventually come to that. We must take away their job opportunities!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
 
59 posts, read 135,889 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo-me View Post
I doubt even bullets zipping past the heads of illegals will be enough to detour them, though it will eventually come to that. We must take away their job opportunities!
If every man gave one week of his time to protect the boarder that would slow them down, its the drugs they run is the problem? just leaglize pot? no money no market no problem..its sad our own gov dont do nothing, the texans are pissed,and things will escalate..to the point of violance..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,621,702 times
Reputation: 2983
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodday View Post
If every man gave one week of his time to protect the boarder that would slow them down, its the drugs they run is the problem? just leaglize pot? no money no market no problem..its sad our own gov dont do nothing, the texans are pissed,and things will escalate..to the point of violance..
I can tell you what would happen-- these "volunteers" would provoke anger and cries of "racism", law enforcement officials would "frown on" their participation, the President would call them "vigilantes", and the news media would sit and wait for the slightest "incident" to report on. Sorry, but what you propose has already been tried, with disappointing results. It's called "The Minutemen". Bad idea....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 04:31 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,007,288 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I can tell you what would happen-- these "volunteers" would provoke anger and cries of "racism", law enforcement officials would "frown on" their participation, the President would call them "vigilantes", and the news media would sit and wait for the slightest "incident" to report on. Sorry, but what you propose has already been tried, with disappointing results. It's called "The Minutemen". Bad idea....

Actually I disagree with you. The only reason Bush called them 'vigilantes' is because he supports illegal immigration. With proper leadership in the oval office we could secure the border rather easily, and by not doing so the president's probably committing an impeachable offense. Simply because thousands of Americans are suffering because Bush chooses to ignore his obligation to protect the American people. Of course the cries of racism wouldn't stop if we used an armed volunteer militia or our military to secure our border. But who cares? The people that call Americans racist for wanting our borders secured simply have an agenda.

We are at war with Mexico. We have been invaded by a foreign army that's murdering our citizens, raping our women and pillaging billions of dollars and shipping them out of our economy each and every year. Only Washington refuses to acknowledge the war, allowing thousands of Americans suffer and die in our cities instead. Which forces our local police and sheriff's deputies to fight the war in our cities streets instead of on the border where our military should be engaging the enemy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 04:57 PM
 
59 posts, read 135,889 times
Reputation: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
Actually I disagree with you. The only reason Bush called them 'vigilantes' is because he supports illegal immigration. With proper leadership in the oval office we could secure the border rather easily, and by not doing so the president's probably committing an impeachable offense. Simply because thousands of Americans are suffering because Bush chooses to ignore his obligation to protect the American people. Of course the cries of racism wouldn't stop if we used an armed volunteer militia or our military to secure our border. But who cares? The people that call Americans racist for wanting our borders secured simply have an agenda.

We are at war with Mexico. We have been invaded by a foreign army that's murdering our citizens, raping our women and pillaging billions of dollars and shipping them out of our economy each and every year. Only Washington refuses to acknowledge the war, allowing thousands of Americans suffer and die in our cities instead. Which forces our local police and sheriff's deputies to fight the war in our cities streets instead of on the border where our military should be engaging the enemy.
thats the problem? our military is buisy in other more important places like[ n-korea] what a joke,now iraq? whos next?The problem is here and NOW. If our own gov wont do it its up to us..were planing on moving to arizona soon and we dont need them tramping through our yard on the way to colorado? just google [NACO ARIZONA] look at the pics of the trash they leave behind.and the so-called rape trees? they dont care, but we do....this is our country not theres, lets keep it that way.. lets step up to the plate..its our turn to bat? wheres the Glenn becks of the world..he does tell the truth..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2007, 07:41 PM
 
902 posts, read 506,606 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
As you can see in these clips, illegal immigrants can easily come into the United States. These trips through the mountains and deserts can take 4-5 days of walking. You can see the terain the Border Patrol and illegal immigrants deal with. This proves the point the border is not secured. This shows desperate people do desperate things.


YouTube - Tecate to Campo Bordr Fence Part 4


YouTube - Tecate to Campo Bordr Fence Part 3



YouTube - Tecate to Campo Border Fence Part 5

The action in the section video begins at 5:00.

The third video shows a railroad tunnel which goes from Mexico to the U.S.

Enjoy!
You are right. It does show criminals doing criminal things.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top