Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2014, 09:49 PM

893 posts, read 1,202,419 times

Advertisements

The only way to stop illegal immigration is to make it legal.

When everyone who wants to can move here legally, no one will do it illegally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2014, 10:56 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post

Uh; NO country allows everyone to just move in. If I have to spell it out why illegal immigration bad; you'll never accept it.

Old 03-15-2014, 11:43 AM

2,002 posts, read 4,570,182 times
Quote:

There would be tons of people just moving here without a plan. It didn't work out? Welfare is the answer! Cha-ching!

Old 03-15-2014, 12:07 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,174,115 times
End all means tested social welfare programs then if you want open borders.
Every poor person on earth will be flying here if you don't.

Old 03-15-2014, 12:43 PM

4,336 posts, read 3,540,489 times
Default The Only Way to Stop Illegal Immigration

......is to bring people in the right way: legally.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:53 PM

938 posts, read 1,509,213 times
Quote:

That's the Ellis Island "Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses" solution. No one immigrated illegally back then because there was no way to immigrate illegally, other than being non-White or having syphilis.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:02 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,830,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usuario View Post
That's the Ellis Island "Give me your tired your poor your huddled masses" solution. No one immigrated illegally back then because there was no way to immigrate illegally, other than being non-White or having syphilis.
Not quite true. Word was quite a few people were sent BACK to Europe when Ellis Island was being used. Because of "health" problems even tho many of the "sick" people weren't really sick like having VD, more like bad finger nails and so on. Some of my great uncles weren't let into the US and were sent back to Ireland.

Old 03-15-2014, 07:45 PM

31,656 posts, read 26,523,725 times
You'll never be able to end illegal immigration one hundred percent, but you can reduce the numbers drastically but taking a few steps.

Begin by enforcing laws against those that hire illegal aliens including monetary penalties. By cutting off employment you reduce the lure of persons seeking to enter.

Reform visa policies including those issued for marriage and family. Visa overstays are a huge part of the illegal immigration problem. Once on these shores often the next step is to enter into a marriage with an American to begin the citizenship process. In the past it didn't matter if your "spouse" was your chosen sexual preference, but now that gay marriage is legal on the federal level it just expands the potential for problems.

And so it goes.

The vast problem of American immigration laws is that they are *NOT* enforced in a uniform manner. Every other illegal is a special case with special rules and or exceptions. Before you know it a totally new subset of case law is built up exempting yet another protected class from deportation.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:00 PM

23 posts, read 25,707 times
It never ceases to amaze me what kind of attitude people have for being born in a place they had zero part in choosing were they were born. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be an American and hate illegals with a passion. I just like to note/ thank I wasn't born in their rat-hole countries. As for illegals, it's impossible to curbed them in their entirety because they so often get hired and paid under the table. The penalties corporations or companies must pay for hiring illegals is a joke compared to how much money they save using the illegals. If you want real chance you'd need to make the penalty's such they could damn near bankrupt that place of business. Of course doing that would be counter-productive in the long run (too big to fail! ha!) and so the lovely little cycle of these dirty illegals flooded into our country never stops.

Old 03-15-2014, 09:25 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,114,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by proudpirate View Post
It never ceases to amaze me what kind of attitude people have for being born in a place they had zero part in choosing were they were born. Don't get me wrong, I am proud to be an American and hate illegals with a passion. I just like to note/ thank I wasn't born in their rat-hole countries. As for illegals, it's impossible to curbed them in their entirety because they so often get hired and paid under the table. The penalties corporations or companies must pay for hiring illegals is a joke compared to how much money they save using the illegals. If you want real chance you'd need to make the penalty's such they could damn near bankrupt that place of business. Of course doing that would be counter-productive in the long run (too big to fail! ha!) and so the lovely little cycle of these dirty illegals flooded into our country never stops.
The penalties are a joke. To many businesses, they're just a cost of doing business. Assuming of course that they are ever caught/fined in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration