Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2007, 08:41 PM

13 posts, read 45,318 times

Advertisements

Boy, could I tell you some stories. I'm a former supervisor with Homeland Security and was on the National Security Force (NSF) working in New York for a bit. I'm also a former state officer with the State of New Mexico. The bottom line is that if we don't get those borders shut down completely we're all going to be speaking Spanish as a first language. Let me tell you all, there are what are referred to as Superlabs in several of the states in Mexico cranking out meth to the tune of 18-25, 000 ponuds per week. Guess where that crap ends up? Why do we provide medical care for the illegals? Did you all know that they are using emergency room physicians as their primary care physicians? Guess who's paying for that? Did you know that there are folks who monitor "watering holes" out in the desert and keep them stocked with water and medical supplies so that the illegals can safely get to where they're going. That's right! Now, guess who ends up paying for all those services? Has anyone taken a hard look at what is happening in Loredo, Texas USA? If you don't know what's happening there then you need to wake up and smell the roses. Folks, the Constitution is hanging by a thread right now and we need to get back to the grass roots of what it says. I believe that it has something to do with "We the people...", citizens of OUR country. Wake up folks and understand that there are people in Washington, D.C that are NOT your friends. The Patriot Act is nothing but a guise to take away YOUR Constitutional rights. If you lose your freedom and liberty it is your own fault. Illegals are NOT citizens of this country yet we are paying dearly for their presence here. Stories, I have true stories about stuff I saw going on in New Mexico but I'd better not chat about it. Big brother is listening. Have a great day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2007, 09:09 PM

610 posts, read 3,319,034 times
Wow, there are some gold-nuggets in this thread - and all I have is 2 cents;
First, we'll be fresh out of Bushes soon (personally grateful) but with no apparent "political-savior" currently on the scene - so, finding solutions takes precedence over laying blame.
Next, I'm not so dead-set against anybody getting medical care - I just wish I could get some myself! I haven't had a position that offered affordable insurance for years - we have only one doc in the area who'll accept pro-bono patients ... and he hasn't impressed me yet. I'd rather we took care of our own first - and the old way is gone for the masses.
Also, the meth-labbers in Mexico are now infusing it into pot - which comes to the states and exascerbates the problem here - and I can't figure out for the life of me what attraction meth holds - Yuck! Yuck! Yuck!
Finally, making it very public and vocal that there are people incarcerated without adequate or any representation hasn't worked yet - but keep it up and it just might!!
I end with two words - Over Haul!!!

Old 01-02-2007, 08:53 PM

5,761 posts, read 11,360,805 times
I saw a great CNN report by Ed Lavandera over the weekend about (lack of ) security along our northern border with Canada. Minnesota trivia fans know about a part of MN called the Northwest Angle, which is about 15 miles north across Lake of the Woods from the mainland US. This is 150 square mile peninsula is actually north of the 49th parallel, connected to Manitoba and Ontario Canada. A few hundred people live there. On the map it looks like a cartography error.

Anyway, to enter the NW Angle by land, drive through Canadian territory and approach a "Self Serve" US border control station. Stop the car, walk into a booth and using a video conference phone, push a button to interact with a US DHS (border control) agent who is 50 or 100 miles away. Show them ID through the video conference camera and answer a few questions, and off you go into the USA. Of course, if you don't stop there is nobody around to keep you from driving on by. I guess they figure that Lake of the Woods is all remote wilderness area north of the US border, so anybody that wants to get to MN by boat from Canada can do so regardless of weather they do so via the NW Angle or just go from Manitoba or Ontario. I guess it's the message this "self serve" border control point sends - it says that in spite of all the money and effort that is spent on DHS and WOT, that the "beltway crowd" doesn't really have a grip on the real basics.

Old 03-06-2008, 06:01 PM

157 posts, read 309,872 times
Cool Logic

WD7N thanks for your input. I just hope people listen. I do not think people realize the state we are in. They know we are being over run. But, I think some think it will go away. The Minute men are up in arms, even the KKK is jumping up and down. People are mad at them. But, better be ready for what is sure to come. I don't understand why all this is going on. Money I guess. But, they (Government) don't understand, they get us "Little Guys" they will go to the top. Kinda dumb on their part.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration