U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2014, 02:07 PM

9,122 posts, read 3,194,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Every country in the world has illegals coming in. There is no way to entirely secure borders..
There is a way to secure the border. Our politicians haven't put in any effort.

Quote:
The best way to discourage illegals from coming is to cut of the supply of illegal jobs, by getting rid of dishonest businesses
What about illegals on Welfare,Cartels,kidnappers & illegals having babies here? The list goes on. Your solution is to punish Americans and do nothing about illegals. Jobs account for only a percentage.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:09 PM

1,377 posts, read 354,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traptheratsnow View Post
Too much whining, "Senior'! (I once did also, until I actually began THINKING instead of sucking up propaganda.)
We need to get practical while remaining humane.
Thank you.

Humane, that's funny, these Illegals choose to break the law and have no respect to American Law nor its Boarders.

They consume Valuable service that are due to Citizens.

Bottom line Deport! \

Most Americans are upset there is 12 million Illegals here and these same people do not even try to go the legal path. This whole issue is way past trying to be nice.

It time for action and those who are not compliant with American Law will be deport and the American Employers who hire low cost labor will be in jail!

That's reality!

Old 03-19-2014, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin2014 View Post
Why don't we fix it instead of complaining about illegals to take advantage of the imperfection. It's like blaming the thief instead of spending on good locks and security.
Thief will always be there.
Yes we need to end automatic citizenship for any child that has an illegal parent. We need to stop illegals from using our welfare, going to our schools, obtaining housing, tuition, medical care here, & obtaining American ID's.

Quote:
What about the imperfect system that allows it?
The first thing is they need to be told not to come here illegally. No one from the pro immigration crowd has done that. They encourage breaking our laws at any cost & our expense.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:12 PM

1,377 posts, read 354,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
There is a way to secure the border. Our politicians haven't put in any effort.

What about illegals on Welfare,Cartels,kidnappers & illegals having babies here? The list goes on. Your solution is to punish Americans and do nothing about illegals. Jobs account for only a percentage.
Yes there is we have done at the turn of century (1912) with the US Army taking firm control with Black Jack Pershing in Command.

Once we clean up this mess and actually do what we say. The problem will be stop or we will very little excursions at the boarder.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:39 PM

10,646 posts, read 2,492,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by traptheratsnow View Post
Too much whining, "Senior'! (I once did also, until I actually began THINKING instead of sucking up propaganda.)
We need to get practical while remaining humane.
Thank you.
It is inhumane to Americans to allow illegal aliens to remain here sucking up jobs, resources and our taxes. Not to mention them stealing ID's from Americans which can cause them income tax nightmares and ruined credit. Crowded schools, jails and hospitals where non-English speaking illegals reek havoc on every one is also inhumane to our own citizens or don't we count?

Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Not to mention a culture shock with 20-30 million illegals in our country.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
My ancestors didn't come for a free ride and didn't break any law in coming. They worked their butts off to survive. If the businesses don't e-verify, it is easy enough to just hire and what I am seeing here, with 25% of the population being Hispanic, is that the employers wanting the cheap labor use temp labor and let the temp agency carry the burden of hiring the illegals. Seriously, where can you hire people to do manual labor for $7.50 an hour without benefits? Immigration and labor enforcement is loaded down and then you have Obama trying to restrict them at every turn. I don't think you have any idea how many illegals enter the country each day. When they were doing animal slaughter in town here, a new bus load came in every Monday according to my son who attended college here at one time. Now, all of those operations have moved to the western part of the state for the most part where in some school districts, white children are the minority, bigger ones then you would think. I called the state Department of Labor and asked why they didn't make employers e-verify and he didn't know if they even could. I also suggested to the state Chamber of Commerce that if they wanted to create jobs, they should require employers to e-verify!!! Every time the Obama talks giving amnesty or anyone else for that matter, the numbers of illegals coming in increases. There are plenty of charitable organizations willing to give them what they need to survive here so job or not, they will come. And, yes, the poster that said the Republicans love the cheap labor is right.
One correction. Not all businesses are run by Republicans. In fact I would venture to guess that the owners of many of these smaller, mom and pop businesses hire illegal aliens and are Democrats. You forget that the Democrats are the ones pandering for the Hispanic vote not most Republicans.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:53 PM

Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Yes there is we have done at the turn of century (1912) with the US Army taking firm control with Black Jack Pershing in Command.

Once we clean up this mess and actually do what we say. The problem will be stop or we will very little excursions at the boarder.
I'm talking about now.

Old 03-19-2014, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auntie77 View Post
That isn't my point. It's hard for the kind of immigrants we DO want...engineers, scientists, etc... In fact, the MORE qualified the candidate in some industries, the harder it becomes because our government is paranoid that certain highly skilled scientific professions will be exploited by enemy powers to place spies in the US.
Don't these skilled foreigners also compete against Americans willing to work for less? I have heard that employers want to bring in more foreign IT workers to increase their profits. Sounds an awful lot why employers hire illegals also, doesn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration