Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Illegal immigration makes me feel
Angry 54 60.67%
Frustrated 36 40.45%
Dissapointed 25 28.09%
Scared 16 17.98%
Hateful 7 7.87%
Racist 9 10.11%
Selfish 2 2.25%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 04:08 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,950,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
IMHO: Mexico is more racist hence in part why so many of the illegals from there have dark skin.
Despite color differences, I disagree with your statement. Unlike the U.S, Mexico's racism is not out in the open. It is rarely pointed out by anyone. Sure I will hear the occasional "Indigenous peoples are ugly compared to the lighter skinned ones", but thats about as bad as it gets. There are no real hate groups targeting indigenous peoples or any one of dark colored unless you go to Spain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 04:32 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times
I think many of us who grew up around the regular "Mexican-Americans" have been shocked over the years to visit Mexico and see that all the better jobs are given to the more Anglo or "Spanish" looking types...I knew it was blatant racism as soon as I saw it.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
I think many of us who grew up around the regular "Mexican-Americans" have been shocked over the years to visit Mexico and see that all the better jobs are given to the more Anglo or "Spanish" looking types...I knew it was blatant racism as soon as I saw it.
It is in a way, but people don't really think about it that way. As an American, yes I do notice these things. But as an American, we are the only one who points out these things. So you tell me whats more racist, the things that are happening? Or us pointing them out?

Old 12-10-2007, 04:53 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,917,160 times
I would think that pointing out how acclimated a society is toward racism is not racist at all. If Mexico is indeed a very racist nation, pointing out that fact is not racist. I don't know if Mexico is biased toward racism, I've never visited Mexico except for short business stays when I was much younger and such thoughts never came to mind.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:56 PM

902 posts, read 717,913 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
It is in a way, but people don't really think about it that way. As an American, yes I do notice these things. But as an American, we are the only one who points out these things. So you tell me whats more racist, the things that are happening? Or us pointing them out?
Sorry but you just made no real sense at all. You seem to think it is ok for Mexicans to point supposed racism and/or bigotry they think has been shown them from an American but yet you say that we really should not say anything about Mexicans. How droll that is and shows your true feelings. Meixcans are far more racist and bigoted than any American.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,254,467 times
Quote:
LaRaza is just what Mexicans call them selves.
It is also the name of a group that is protesting here in Phoenix

Old 12-10-2007, 05:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Sorry but you just made no real sense at all. You seem to think it is ok for Mexicans to point supposed racism and/or bigotry they think has been shown them from an American but yet you say that we really should not say anything about Mexicans. How droll that is and shows your true feelings. Meixcans are far more racist and bigoted than any American.
I said that Mexicans don't point out racism like we in America do. And I still disagree with that Mexicans are more racist than Americans. They simply do not point it like we do.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
It is also the name of a group that is protesting here in Phoenix
I'm talking about the original meaning of the word.

Old 12-10-2007, 05:04 PM

Quote:
I'm talking about the original meaning of the word.

I understand - but we were talking about the group creating problems

Old 12-10-2007, 05:06 PM

Quote:
I said that Mexicans don't point out racism like we in America do. They simply do not point it like we do.
Are you talking about Mexicans in living in Mexico? Or, are you talking about Mexicans in the States? Because, if you are talking about those in the States, you really need to come to Phoenix, or So. Cal - that is all they talk about is racist this, racist that -
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration