U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2007, 01:11 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Reputation: 413

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
And still.. he can't even beat the Mexica-Movement people...


YouTube - Mexica Movement puts the smackdown on Lou Dobbs in San Diego

You have said many times you are anti-illegal but for some reason I don't believe you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2007, 01:15 PM
 
1,393 posts, read 2,490,169 times
Reputation: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Lou Dobbs is becoming the poster child for modern day racism.
There goes that pro-illegal racist thing again....His wife is Hispanic !!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 03:12 PM
 
635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
There goes that pro-illegal racist thing again....His wife is Hispanic !!!!!
Lou Dobbs is horribly misinformed about illegal immigrants, MOST are good hard working people. I forgive the guy, but he thinks illegal immigrants are a bunch of gangbangers who are trying to steal the American lifestyle away from Americans. Nothing could be farther from the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 03:46 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Lou Dobbs was caught with his lies about leprosy, he first tried to say he didn't lie, then when the proof was put on the air, he tried to blame it on someone else.

When that didn't work, he admitted his error.

He recently lied about prison population demographics, he was caught out on that one too.

Same pattern, first he tried denying he ever said it, then when his tapes were played back for him, he tried to blame it on someone else.

When the tapes clearly showed he made the false claims himself and not someone else, he then tried to backtrack but finally admitted his error.

Lou Dobbs has no credibility..... he's a self-serving liar only out to boost his own ratings.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 04:20 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Lou Dobbs was caught with his lies about leprosy, he first tried to say he didn't lie, then when the proof was put on the air, he tried to blame it on someone else.

When that didn't work, he admitted his error.

He recently lied about prison population demographics, he was caught out on that one too.

Same pattern, first he tried denying he ever said it, then when his tapes were played back for him, he tried to blame it on someone else.

When the tapes clearly showed he made the false claims himself and not someone else, he then tried to backtrack but finally admitted his error.

Lou Dobbs has no credibility..... he's a self-serving liar only out to boost his own ratings.

As I stated before--we are looking for credible sources here. Just because you say it is so doesn't make it true.

Please provide links to credible articles and/or newstories which will back your claims.

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 04:31 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,704 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
As I stated before--we are looking for credible sources here. Just because you say it is so doesn't make it true.

Please provide links to credible articles and/or newstories which will back your claims.

Thank you.

Kele,

I'm not your research assistant. You can try to make demands that I do something for you, but I don't see you asking everyone to provide you with credible sources for all the unfounded and unbased exaggerations and lies on this board.

I know what has been put in the public record, even if you don't. It's not my responsibility to make sure you know what you're talking about, I've no time to babysit you or hold your hand while you get a clue.

You know how to google, look it up.

Tell you what.

Prove I'm wrong, if you're so interested in credible sources. Show us all a credible source that can prove Dobbs didn't lie about leprosy and prison population make-up.

I'd look somewhere other than freerepublic, eh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 04:45 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Reputation: 6264
I heard Lou confront his critics about the leprosy allegations on HIS OWN SHOW. Why would he do that if he were lying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Reputation: 5539
I do think if someone makes an accusation the onus is on them to back up the claim with a credible source. That goes both ways, btw. Many times claims have been made on both sides that are exaggerated or false. If you have a claim for something, please back it up or do not make accusations any further. That goes for everyone on the forum; any claims need to be backed up. This isn't a demand, but highly suggested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 05:03 PM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Kele,

I'm not your research assistant. You can try to make demands that I do something for you, but I don't see you asking everyone to provide you with credible sources for all the unfounded and unbased exaggerations and lies on this board.

I know what has been put in the public record, even if you don't. It's not my responsibility to make sure you know what you're talking about, I've no time to babysit you or hold your hand while you get a clue.

You know how to google, look it up.

Tell you what.

Prove I'm wrong, if you're so interested in credible sources. Show us all a credible source that can prove Dobbs didn't lie about leprosy and prison population make-up.

I'd look somewhere other than freerepublic, eh?
Ah, but when I make an argument on this board, I do provide my sources...without being asked I might add and others on this forum will tell you--make an unsubstantiated claim on this forum and I will ask you to back it up with solid, tenable sources.

Strange thing, the real world. My professors just refuse to take my word for any statements that I might make and feel that I should be able to justify any argument with credible sources. Personally, I don't make spurious and unsubstantiated claims and expect to be taken seriously nor do I presume that people will accept that I speak the truth on any given issue, simply because I say it is so.

I'm afraid that you will find that the intelligent people on this forum will not just take your word on this issue merely because you say that they should. You will be expected to cite rational, plausible, and reliable sources.

That said--it is not up to me to aid your intellectual laziness. If you wish to make the argument that Lou Dobbs is a fraud (or whatever it was that you were running on about) then it is up to you to provide the necessary evidence to support your claims.

Personally, I have grown-up things to do right now, like finish a Social Org paper and continue my endless studying for finals this week. I have no time to run about the internet searching for your mythical sources.

Since I didn't take you to raise, it is not my job to aid you in ensuring that you have the ammunition to back up your contention simply because you can't be bothered to fulfill the first rule of rhetoric--sources, sources, sources. Expostulation without credibility is merely dogma, he said, she said, YOUR opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 05:29 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Reputation: 6264
In the world of the illegal we are supposed to take them at their 'word' because they don't have to follow any of the laws citizens must follow. They have a culture of corruption: fake IDs, stealing SS#, fraudulent insurance and inspection stickers, etc - etc..

User(s)? Yep.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top