U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2007, 07:17 PM
 
Location: Southern Arizona
9,308 posts, read 25,652,204 times
Reputation: 10566

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
In the world of the illegal we are supposed to take them at their 'word' because they don't have to follow any of the laws citizens must follow. They have a culture of corruption: fake IDs, stealing SS#, fraudulent insurance and inspection stickers, etc - etc..

User(s)? Yep.
Sadly, Lakewooder . . . according to many of our Pandering Politicians, it sure sounds like it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2007, 10:32 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,461 times
Reputation: 107
It's astoundingly incomprehensible, just plain beyond belief, ....some people will sit on their hands in front of probably the most valuable and most comprehensive reference tool ever known on the planet, ....and those people won't bother to use it.

They'll let someone tell them something, and without batting an eye, they will repeat that without bothering to take a minute or less to see if it's at all true or factual. (either that, or they'll say, "That's not true...")

Either way, they don't look for themselves.....

It took a quarter of a second for google to come up with several thousand hits. (0.28th of a second to be exact) Google lou lies about leprosy and you can find them too.

(you who claim not to have the time, have little need to try to justify not taking a quarter of a second, that's ludicrous, ....you're not that busy)

Lou lies, it's documented, it can't be refuted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/bu...leonhardt.html

CJR: Of Lepers and Lou Dobbs

..........

.....and now, since I complied with this 'need' for sources, I'll be sure to look for the sources to back up the outright fabrications and wild exaggerations sure to be posted here without any source being provided.

Obviously, since this is 'official' policy, none of you will hesitate to provide credible sources to back up your assertions.

Let's see, Kele, you posted this afternoon about Kennewick man and skeletons unearthed in several western states. Since you always provide sources, (without being asked), where did you post those sources? You surely didn't mis-state the truth? ....did you? ......or misrepresent your actions?, ....eh?

You did do as you say you do, right? .....Kele?

I'll wait for your credible sources. .....you must have time to provide those credible sources to back up your, (how did you put it?), oh, yeah, ...... 'contentions'. (or was it 'fallacious claims')

Last edited by User 2; 12-11-2007 at 10:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 08:05 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
It's astoundingly incomprehensible, just plain beyond belief, ....some people will sit on their hands in front of probably the most valuable and most comprehensive reference tool ever known on the planet, ....and those people won't bother to use it.

They'll let someone tell them something, and without batting an eye, they will repeat that without bothering to take a minute or less to see if it's at all true or factual. (either that, or they'll say, "That's not true...")

Either way, they don't look for themselves.....

It took a quarter of a second for google to come up with several thousand hits. (0.28th of a second to be exact) Google lou lies about leprosy and you can find them too.

(you who claim not to have the time, have little need to try to justify not taking a quarter of a second, that's ludicrous, ....you're not that busy)

Lou lies, it's documented, it can't be refuted.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/30/bu...leonhardt.html

CJR: Of Lepers and Lou Dobbs

..........

.....and now, since I complied with this 'need' for sources, I'll be sure to look for the sources to back up the outright fabrications and wild exaggerations sure to be posted here without any source being provided.

Obviously, since this is 'official' policy, none of you will hesitate to provide credible sources to back up your assertions.

Let's see, Kele, you posted this afternoon about Kennewick man and skeletons unearthed in several western states. Since you always provide sources, (without being asked), where did you post those sources? You surely didn't mis-state the truth? ....did you? ......or misrepresent your actions?, ....eh?

You did do as you say you do, right? .....Kele?

I'll wait for your credible sources. .....you must have time to provide those credible sources to back up your, (how did you put it?), oh, yeah, ...... 'contentions'. (or was it 'fallacious claims')
I am not making an argument for or against Kennewick man--only re-stated what can be found in any high school anthropology textbook--I have nothing to back up and no need to cite sources. We are not in a rhetorical debate concerning Kennewick man. These are not my ideas, this is current anthropological theory. There is no controversy surrounding the Kennewick man other than the number of Native Americans (and others) who are attempting to claim him as ancestor.

Learn the difference between stating an argumental case and merely passing along information which can be easily obtained. You attempted to make an argument without factual evidence. I merely passed along information that is readily available in any anthro textbook. I was asked a question about my field of study, not drawn into a debate where academic sources are required to make a point. Big difference.

And again I will say to you, when YOU attempt to make an argument, no matter what the subject, it is not my responsibility to gather the evidence to prove you right or wrong. You need to stop trying to make it appear as though it is everyone else's responsibility to prove or disprove your accusations. Apparently you've bypassed the halls of higher education or you would know better.

You said "It's astoundingly incomprehensible, just plain beyond belief, ....some people will sit on their hands in front of probably the most valuable and most comprehensive reference tool ever known on the planet, ....and those people won't bother to use it."

Exactly....so what was your excuse?

Last edited by Kele; 12-12-2007 at 08:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 08:20 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,461 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post


You said "It's astoundingly incomprehensible, just plain beyond belief, ....some people will sit on their hands in front of probably the most valuable and most comprehensive reference tool ever known on the planet, ....and those people won't bother to use it."
Yes I did, and I said Lou Dobbs lies.


I didn't state any argumental case, ...I said Lou Dobbs lies.

I passed along factual information that was readily available.

I passed along factual information that is easily obtained.

Lou Dobbs lies, and the information is right at your fingertips, available in mere seconds.

...your circular reasoning leads nowhere.

( and you really should post your sources in the proper thread, Lou Dobbs isn't the Kennewick Man)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 08:41 AM
 
Location: San Diego North County
4,800 posts, read 7,686,811 times
Reputation: 3010
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Yes I did, and I said Lou Dobbs lies.


I didn't state any argumental case, ...I said Lou Dobbs lies.

I passed along factual information that was readily available.

I passed along factual information that is easily obtained.

Lou Dobbs lies, and the information is right at your fingertips, available in mere seconds.

...your circular reasoning leads nowhere.

( and you really should post your sources in the proper thread, Lou Dobbs isn't the Kennewick Man)
Talk about circular reasoning!

You brought up my response regarding Kennewick man, not I.

I merely pointed out the fact that credible sources were not needed in the Kennewick man post because there is no debate.

If I had said, "The Kennewick man's remains show that he definitely migrated from Cork County, Ireland," then I had better have some credible sources to back that statement up because I am then positing a theory regarding Kennewick man that I should not expect people to accept without positive proof.

You said "Lou Dobbs lies." You gave no references, no sources, no proof--you just expected that because you, User 2 said so, we should all believe...

Now you've got your knickers twisted because I called you out for not posting credible sources. (I still have my doubts about the NY Times anyway...there are entire web pages devoted to exposing their hypocrisy--oh, you want sources? Why should I post sources? "It's astoundingly incomprehensible, just plain beyond belief, ....some people will sit on their hands in front of probably the most valuable and most comprehensive reference tool ever known on the planet, ....and those people won't bother to use it." Just google "Hypocrisy of the New York Times)

Get over it.

I'm about done with you anyway. Moderator cut: personal attack

Moderator cut: orphaned.

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-12-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,461 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned
Sources weren't needed as far as Lou Dobbs lying, either.

As you say, there is no debate, he lies.

I don't give a whit if you, or anyone else, believes it or not, when I say Lou Dobbs lies, there is no debate, it's factual information.

They want to argue with my stating the facts, they can look it up.

They want to try to prove I didn't state factual information, they can prove it.

And Kele, to complain about a lack of respect or civility shown you, whilst you simultaneously are acting in a way to make that extremely unlikely won't serve you too well in your future complaints along those lines.

Just a heads up, eh?

Last edited by Synopsis; 12-12-2007 at 10:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 10:44 AM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,917,927 times
Reputation: 5539
Folks, you can debate the issues all you want, but please don't get into personal misgivings you have about the poster. I've been pretty lenient on this board and rarely give out infractions or even warnings, but I will not hesitate to do so in the near future. I understand people become frustrated with various forms of arguments, but I am bound to uphold the Terms of Service on this board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2007, 12:17 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,461 times
Reputation: 107
Did you see the news on NBC where Lou was found to be supporting places that hire illegal labor?

Guess he's just like the rest of the people whose actions don't match their rhetoric.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2007, 12:19 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,775,631 times
Reputation: 6264
Can you provide a link?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-13-2007, 02:02 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 725,461 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Can you provide a link?
Can I?

My televison doesn't come with 'links'?

It was on a couple of times yesterday, at different times of the day, and it's been covered on more than one network.

From what I understand, they have yesterday's news available for anyone who cares to watch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top