U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 02:02 PM

902 posts, read 505,464 times

Advertisements

This was posted on the Minuteman site........................

A new voice for Talk Radio!

"Lou Dobbs, a popular presence on CNN, will begin hosting a radio show early next year. (Chester Higgins Jr./The New York Times)The way Lou Dobbs sees it, people shouldn’t need basic cable to hear him sound off at length on issues like immigration and free trade. Mr. Dobbs announced this morning that he was creating a daily, three-hour talk radio show that would run in the afternoons and conclude an hour before his nightly program on CNN, which begins at 7 p.m. on the East Coast. “My interest is in bringing a voice of reason, rather than the partisan and ideological poles that define talk radio right now,’’ he said in a phone interview. Asked whose style he might emulate – did he see himself as more Al Franken than Rush Limbaugh – Mr. Dobbs sounded more like Condoleezza Rice, saying only, “Obviously the names you just mentioned are very good at what they do.’’

http://tvdecoder.blogs.nytimes.com/2007/12/04/cnns-dobbs-to-host-radio-show/?hp

Last edited by ontheroad; 12-11-2007 at 04:48 PM.. Reason: <snipped> potential copyright violation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
GREAT NEWS, Ozark-Baby!

I'm not a big Talk Radio "nut" but I'll definitely try to keep up with this show.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,157,153 times
And still.. he can't even beat the Mexica-Movement people...

YouTube - Mexica Movement puts the smackdown on Lou Dobbs in San Diego

Old 12-05-2007, 03:34 PM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

Of course not, not when they continued to scream over the top of anything he tried to say. Even when Lou has people on his show he disagrees with, he still gives them the common courtesy of allowing them to speak...but then again, we are speaking of the Mexica Movement. The words "common courtesy" are not a part of their vocabulary.

However, there are a couple of really nice videos floating around--I'll have to hunt them down. Lou Dobbs shows Enrique Morones up on national television for the America hating clown that he is.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,657,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Of course not, not when they continued to scream over the top of anything he tried to say. Even when Lou has people on his show he disagrees with, he still gives them the common courtesy of allowing them to speak...but then again, we are speaking of the Mexica Movement. The words "common courtesy" are not a part of their vocabulary.

However, there are a couple of really nice videos floating around--I'll have to hunt them down. Lou Dobbs shows Enrique Morones up on national television for the America hating clown that he is.
Beautifully stated, Kele

Lou Dobbs is definitely a CLASS ACT . . . too bad the same cannot be said for The Mexican Movement Goons!

Old 12-05-2007, 04:38 PM

640 posts, read 336,516 times
Eh...

Wonder why he chose such a late time-slot? To avoid Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck probably.

Old 12-05-2007, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sooner_Nation_60 View Post
Eh...

Wonder why he chose such a late time-slot? To avoid Bill O'Reilly and Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck probably.
Guess what? They don't pick the time slots. The stations pick them. DUH!!!!!

He doesn't have to avoid them anyway since he has more brains in his little finger than any of them have all together.

Old 12-05-2007, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post

He has class, which is more than we can say for the Mexica Movement. Actually, they showed themsleves for the ignorant idiots they are.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:23 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,003,968 times
Great News Ozark-Baby! Thanks for the info. I'm one of the people he's talking about, I got rid of my cable months ago and missed his show.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:17 AM

790 posts, read 1,429,411 times
Default Pack of Scumbags

That dude getting in Lou's face needs to be punched sticking his finger in his face like that. A swarm of people firing questions at him nonstop doesn't seem fair and he didn't have time to reply!!!! If I was in Lou's shoes I would've belted that guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration