Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 06:40 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Yes take their homes, cares and bank accounts to cover the cost of deportation!

Americans are just fed up with the lack of respect other countries have toward or Immigration laws. I have a novel idea, " enforce the laws we have".

This would indeed send a message to all Illegal Aliens that you will not make a dime here and you and you family is not welcome.
Agreed. Deport illegal aliens with the clothes on their backs and that'd be about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2014, 02:03 PM

102 posts, read 101,500 times
I'm still trying to understand why all of you think we should deport illegal aliens. What difference does it really make if they have a green card or not?

Old 04-05-2014, 02:18 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrannis View Post
I'm still trying to understand why all of you think we should deport illegal aliens. What difference does it really make if they have a green card or not?
Green card holders fall within our quotas for legal immigration. There are good reasons why we have annual quotas and one of them is to protect jobs, resources for our own citizens. Illegal immigration negates those sane policies. I find it hard to believe that your question was a serious one.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Green card holders fall within our quotas for legal immigration. There are good reasons why we have annual quotas and one of them is to protect jobs, resources for our own citizens. Illegal immigration negates those sane policies. I find it hard to believe that your question was a serious one.
My question is indeed a serious one. Clearly illegal immigrants are finding work here, while many legal Americans refuse to work. What other resources do you feel we need to protect?

Old 04-05-2014, 02:50 PM

161 posts, read 172,119 times
Quote:
My question is indeed a serious one. Clearly illegal immigrants are finding work here, while many legal Americans refuse to work. What other resources do you feel we need to protect?
wait a sec, so u want to deport people...even if they are here legally?

Old 04-05-2014, 03:00 PM

Quote:
They are finding work here simply because there are greedy employers that hire them because they work cheaper. Surely you know this. Most Americans aren't refusing to work. Where are you getting this nonsense? For example Americans used to do construction work at a fair wage until millions of illegals flooded our borders willing to work cheaper and Americans got run off of those jobs. Our blue collared workforce has been severely impacted by this and both the employers and illegal aliens are circumventing our immigration and labor laws. These cheap, lawless employers are also passing the social costs of their illegal workforce unto the American taxpayer which costs us billions while these employers pocket the profits. We have limited social and natural resources. They are overcrowding our schools, jails and hospitals.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
wait a sec, so u want to deport people...even if they are here legally?
I'm not saying I want to deport anyone, yet. I'm asking why other posters want to deport illegals for no other reason than being illegal.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are finding work here simply because there are greedy employers that hire them because they work cheaper. Surely you know this. Most Americans aren't refusing to work. Where are you getting this nonsense? For example Americans used to do construction work at a fair wage until millions of illegals flooded our borders willing to work cheaper and Americans got run off of those jobs. Our blue collared workforce has been severely impacted by this and both the employers and illegal aliens are circumventing our immigration and labor laws. These cheap, lawless employers are also passing the social costs of their illegal workforce unto the American taxpayer which costs us billions while these employers pocket the profits. We have limited social and natural resources. They are overcrowding our schools, jails and hospitals.
First, please don't misquote me. I didn't say most Americans, I said many.

Second, are legal immigrants who work in construction and other blue collar jobs getting paid more than the illegals? No, they're not. Their legal status has no bearing on it.

Social programs are costing us billions, no question, but does it really matter if they're legal or not? Many illegals pay taxes. Should a tax-paying, productive illegal be deported while an unproductive legal remains? Not sure I would consider that sound policy.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Quote:

Second, are legal immigrants who work in construction and other blue collar jobs getting paid more than the illegals? No, they're not. Their legal status has no bearing on it.

Social programs are costing us billions, no question, but does it really matter if they're legal or not? Many illegals pay taxes. Should a tax-paying, productive illegal be deported while an unproductive legal remains? Not sure I would consider that sound policy.
I wasn't misquoting you just making a statement of my own. It is also untrue that we don't have enough Americans to do blue collared jobs. Who do you think did them before the arrival of cheap, illegal aliens? Legal immigrants are entitled to get paid a fair wage. They have the same rights on the job as Americans do. Some illegals do pay income taxes but it is never enough to cover their enormous social costs with many dependents. Besides, how are they working without committing felony ID theft? If our laws and the rights of citizens mean nothing to you then there is nothing more I can say to you. Yes, our laws state that that illegals should be deported. Their so-called productivity is irrelevant and it should be. There is certain criteria that legal immigrants have to meet to remain here so you are comparing apples to oranges here by making up scenarios.

Old 04-05-2014, 03:48 PM

161 posts, read 172,119 times
Quote:
I'm not saying I want to deport anyone, yet. I'm asking why other posters want to deport illegals for no other reason than being illegal.
Well hello, my friend! Stay awhile and listen... (see if you know that game)

Anyways, if you do hang out here, I am sure some regulars will tell you why they should deported, everything from well well...they are illegal! To, yeah I am just in a cranky mood, im off my meds, deport the illegals! lol.

Quote:

That is true, I think that they should stay but should be assessed a penalty. I went ahead and did the math on 11 mil illegals by 1500 dollars which would help our economy (not including all the sales tax and property tax that they pay) and it came up to be like 16 billion. That's a lot of money. We could use that money to do something I am sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration