U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2014, 10:43 PM

47,586 posts, read 34,395,844 times
Default Obama admits today that deportation numbers are false

Today Obama promised the illegals that he's going to get them US citizenship -- but also informed them that deportations are only about people being turned away at the border itself, no illegals are actually being deported:

Interview of President Barack Obama at

Obama -- speaking to illegals: Well, the main step Iím trying to take is to make sure that we pass new laws so that we do not have to deport these folks at all. But in fact they can have a path to living here legally, and ultimately becoming citizens. You know, keep in mind that most of these deportations are actually at the border. So itís people who are just being stopped. The reason that the numbers are high is because Congress doubled the number of ICE agents and custom border patrol. Itís not because this is something that I think is necessarily a kind thing or a helpful thing for many of these families. And thatís why I, knowing how painful it is for many people, want to make sure that we get comprehensive immigration reform done. Weíve gotten a bill passed through the Senate. The next step now is we got to get something through the House. And I know a lot of people sometimes say, well Obama could just do this without Congress. The problem is, is that thereís certain laws that I end up having to deal with coming out of Congress. I need a new law that puts everybody on a new legal footing. And weíve got to keep the pressure on Congress to get that done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2014, 07:34 AM

8,644 posts, read 2,799,070 times
IF Univision's telling the truth; Obama needs to be impeached. Too; there WON'T be any real amnesty for illegal aliens, more and more people want them GONE by any way possible IMHO.

Old 03-25-2014, 12:24 PM

1,816 posts, read 477,400 times
Default SAME OoLD iSSUES

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
IF Univision's telling the truth; Obama needs to be impeached. Too; there WON'T be any real amnesty for illegal aliens, more and more people want them GONE by any way possible IMHO.
WHAT CAN WE say about our current embarrassment we call a President. He can not even keep his suppose base happy. Really go to show the Dem's and this administration will go to what ever means to drive their agenda.

The other age old problem . You can not trust any politician.

Obama if he has not ready may sink lower than Carter and will be impeach not because of the Birther thing or by passing the Constitution or even abuse of power.

Stupidity!

In Politics never burn your base for your self and or your Party!

Old 03-25-2014, 01:17 PM

1,300 posts, read 700,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Today Obama promised the illegals that he's going to get them US citizenship -- but also informed them that deportations are only about people being turned away at the border itself, no illegals are actually being deported:

Interview of President Barack Obama at

Obama -- speaking to illegals: Well, the main step Iím trying to take is to make sure that we pass new laws so that we do not have to deport these folks at all. But in fact they can have a path to living here legally, and ultimately becoming citizens. You know, keep in mind that most of these deportations are actually at the border. So itís people who are just being stopped. The reason that the numbers are high is because Congress doubled the number of ICE agents and custom border patrol. Itís not because this is something that I think is necessarily a kind thing or a helpful thing for many of these families. And thatís why I, knowing how painful it is for many people, want to make sure that we get comprehensive immigration reform done. Weíve gotten a bill passed through the Senate. The next step now is we got to get something through the House. And I know a lot of people sometimes say, well Obama could just do this without Congress. The problem is, is that thereís certain laws that I end up having to deal with coming out of Congress. I need a new law that puts everybody on a new legal footing. And weíve got to keep the pressure on Congress to get that done.
The sentences that you highlighted are true, have always been true, and will probably always be true.

Most illegal aliens are caught near the border and returned to Mexico within hours.

Oh my goodness, what new information will you disclose next?

The sky is blue?

Water is wet?

Ice is cold?

Fire is hot?

Sheesh

Old 03-25-2014, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlinak View Post
The sentences that you highlighted are true, have always been true, and will probably always be true.

Most illegal aliens are caught near the border and returned to Mexico within hours.

Oh my goodness, what new information will you disclose next?

The sky is blue?

Water is wet?

Ice is cold?

Fire is hot?

Sheesh
When they turn around when they get to the border, or are denied entry, that should not count as a deportation. Obama assured his beloved illegals that deportations aren't taking place, he is encouraging them to break the laws by making sure they know once they make over the border, they're home free, and he is promising them he will eliminate all immigration laws so they won't have to worry anymore about being stopped at the border.

So much for jobless Americans.

Old 03-25-2014, 07:34 PM

19,927 posts, read 10,977,983 times
I think what some posters are missing is the context of Obama's words. He eludes that he deports more illegals than any President before him, as if he is rounding up illegals and deporting them. The reality is that he is turning more away at the borders, but has done very little about the criminals within our borders.
He speaks from both sides of hi mouth. He courts the hispanic vote and at another rally will talk tough on enforcement. In short he is a liar and relies upon deception.
He reminds me of a cheap car salesman selling a car he knows is a lemon.

Old 03-25-2014, 11:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I think what some posters are missing is the context of Obama's words. He eludes that he deports more illegals than any President before him, as if he is rounding up illegals and deporting them. The reality is that he is turning more away at the borders, but has done very little about the criminals within our borders.
He speaks from both sides of hi mouth. He courts the hispanic vote and at another rally will talk tough on enforcement. In short he is a liar and relies upon deception.
He reminds me of a cheap car salesman selling a car he knows is a lemon.
Yes, I think that's it. He will make it seem that he's going to secure the border -- when in reality he has no intention of doing that.

I happened to hear this speech -- the whole cadence and tone of his interview sounded like he was flat out lying. The interviewers obviously aren't proficient in English or they would have picked up some of the "ah, ah, and other hesitations" and the too-cute way he was glibly putting the blame on the Republicans, almost as though he was taking his illegal audience for fools. He gave them the answers they wanted to hear (in English which they translated for their audience and not too well), they gave him a love-fest in return.

I wish they had the speech on you-tube or somewhere I could find it -- it's rather interesting. It seemed more that he was just playing the illegals for fools more than anything. The sad thing is he will turn around and play the American people for fools the same way, pretending that he wants jobs and better wages for us.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:27 AM

19,927 posts, read 10,977,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes, I think that's it. He will make it seem that he's going to secure the border -- when in reality he has no intention of doing that.

I happened to hear this speech -- the whole cadence and tone of his interview sounded like he was flat out lying. The interviewers obviously aren't proficient in English or they would have picked up some of the "ah, ah, and other hesitations" and the too-cute way he was glibly putting the blame on the Republicans, almost as though he was taking his illegal audience for fools. He gave them the answers they wanted to hear (in English which they translated for their audience and not too well), they gave him a love-fest in return.

I wish they had the speech on you-tube or somewhere I could find it -- it's rather interesting. It seemed more that he was just playing the illegals for fools more than anything. The sad thing is he will turn around and play the American people for fools the same way, pretending that he wants jobs and better wages for us.
If his lips were moving then he was in fact flat out lying. His tongue is a stranger to the truth.

Old 03-26-2014, 06:40 AM

11,772 posts, read 3,050,715 times
I'd be willing to bet that many in the crowd he spoke to in fact were the ethnocentric supporters of these illegal aliens more so than the illegal aliens themselves. Got to keep those votes for the party, you know.

Old 03-27-2014, 10:59 AM

352 posts, read 526,218 times
Quote:
When they turn around when they get to the border, or are denied entry, that should not count as a deportation.
It actually isn't a "deportation" when they're turned back - it's a VR, or Voluntary Return (whether they actually "volunteer" is moot: they're denied entry, so the only place to go is back where they came from).

An actual deportation is much more time consuming, involves hearings in court, and is normally done for folks who have overstayed their visas, committed certain violent crimes, etc.

As far as this being all President Obama's fault, NO president has ever done ANYTHING to truly get rid of/curb illegal immigration. The biggest amnesty for illegals actually occurred under Ronald Reagan's presidency. The next president probably won't do anything either, because it's political suicide to take one side or the other on such a dividing issue.

They do what they always do: appropriate money to build more fenceline or hire more Border Patrol agents, to appease the anti-immigration folks; then say things like President Obama just did to appease the other side. Politics 101: telling people what they want to hear (and altering the message based on the audience).

But no president has actually advocated the enforcement of the immigration laws we currently have. If they did, employers would be sanctioned for hiring illegals to the point that it wouldn't make financial sense to hire them. Employment opportunities dry up, illegals stop coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration