U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2007, 03:29 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 729,037 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Unfortunately; you may have nailed it in a nut shell.
I see an awful lot of misdirected anger and hate directed at the immigrants, whether they are here legally or not, and that energy is wasted when what causes the influx of cheap labor are the corporations which are allowed by the current administration to hire that cheap labor.

Think about it. Someone goes to work at this plant or one of the thousands of other plants that have the same 'system', and you don't think they aren't going to tell their friends that despite what the law says, you can get a job just by walking through the door.

Of course we will have people flocking to those places to find work. Can you really blame them? They'll take that chance of crossing the border, because once here, getting work is made easy for them.

These corporations, and the administration currently in office, are working hand in hand to exploit this cheap labor. They don't care where the labor comes from, they don't care if the people from that town can't find work.

The corporations and the present administration only care about maximizing their profits, ....nothing else matters to them.

Focusing on the immigrants is just what the administration and the corporations want you to do. They are happy to see your attention diverted from what drives immigration to this country.

While you focus all your attention on the immigrants, they sit in their back rooms and laugh. They're playing you, you've bought into their game and they'll keep goading you to focus on the immigrant because it diverts any attention which might actually foster some change.

Don't think for a minute these folks haven't studied how to push other people's buttons so that they can manage their attention. It's what they pay people to advise them of.

The next time you see a Tancredo or someone similar who is directing you to focus your hate on the immigrant, take a quick peek at who donates to Tancredo's campaign coffers. What is his alignment? You think it's with the American citizen? He's just one of the front men, willing to lead the masses in the act of deception meant to keep you from paying attention to what is going on behind the scenes.

These guys have been perfecting their game for years and years, and the vast majority of the population never even questions what is happening right in front of their faces.


They're too busy focusing their attention just where they've been led to focus their attention.

Anywhere but on what causes the influx of immigrants. Anywhere but on who profits from exploiting the cheap labor.

Good gawd, people even campaign for these puppet masters and vote for them.

They've been played so well, now they carry the water for those who profit from playing them.

The news headline says this plant is a magnet for immigration.

It is.

There are many more just like it.

But what do people do about it? Nothing, they're too distracted to be able to see the obvious. They're too busy working on telling each other how much they ought to hate the immigrants.

The game works perfectly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-06-2007, 03:32 PM
 
Location: Dallas, Texas
3,589 posts, read 2,989,669 times
Reputation: 533
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I see an awful lot of misdirected anger and hate directed at the immigrants, whether they are here legally or not, and that energy is wasted when what causes the influx of cheap labor are the corporations which are allowed by the current administration to hire that cheap labor.

Think about it. Someone goes to work at this plant or one of the thousands of other plants that have the same 'system', and you don't think they aren't going to tell their friends that despite what the law says, you can get a job just by walking through the door.

Of course we will have people flocking to those places to find work. Can you really blame them? They'll take that chance of crossing the border, because once here, getting work is made easy for them.
Which is why we should blame THEM. It's greed and arrogance attracting them north of the border. The companies can WANT to hire illegals all it likes, but if there are no illegals around for them to hire...they're just SOL. It's not like they can go to Mexico and bring them up here forcibly. Nope...they have to already be here.

Not buying. Try next door.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 03:43 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 729,037 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Which is why we should blame THEM. It's greed and arrogance attracting them north of the border. The companies can WANT to hire illegals all it likes, but if there are no illegals around for them to hire...they're just SOL. It's not like they can go to Mexico and bring them up here forcibly. Nope...they have to already be here.

Not buying. Try next door.
They worked you to their perfection.

The vast majority of immigrants aren't any different than you or I, they're just trying to scratch out a living in a world ruled by thugs and crooks.

Those corporations don't have to spend any of their profits bringing workers up here, those workers are here, their policy is to create 'guest workers' and provide a partial amnesty, ....that accomplishes two things. One, they still have something to hold over the heads of the cheap laborers to keep them in line, but they still get to give the jobs to the lowest wage earners.

Who is pushing for this policy? GW Bush and his cronies. Who supports them, those being played.

Try next door? Not buying it?

You've been played. You go ahead and focus your attention anywhere but on what drives the increase of immigrants.

Someone else is on the way to the bank, and very pleased that you assisted them in their goal.

That game has been working perfectly for them and they're only too happy to have you play along. They don't even have to cut you in on the dough.

They played you for a sucker, and you took the bait.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 04:21 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Reputation: 5539
User I actually agree with you here for the most part, with the exception of the part about Tancredo. I don't think he's driving people to hate immigrants; he's mostly about fixing our system.

However, it is the corporate greed and politicians that are behind this massive problem. They are the ones dangling the carrots out in front of the illegal immigrants and I must say if I were living off of peasant wages in a poor country worrying about my next meal, AND I knew the US Government and Corporations were telling me to come over with a wink and nod, I'd probably come over here as well.

BTW, I don't hate immigrants, illegal or otherwise. Some of my best friends are people from other races and cultures. I don't believe most of the people here do either; I think it is a lot of frustration that hat built up and people are angry at the situation.

Cheers,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 04:31 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 729,037 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I don't hate immigrants, illegal or otherwise. I don't believe most of the people here do either;
The people here are but a microcosm of the greater body of people all over the country,

yes, I agree not all the people here hate immigrants, but that doesn't address those that do, and it doesn't account for the ill will and generalizations pointed at immigrants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I think it is a lot of frustration that hat built up and people are angry at the situation.
Anger and frustration is the stock and trade of those managing the reaction to the exploitation of cheap labor. It's an issue they can ride to gain support. The angrier you are, the less you'll question what's going on and the angrier you are, if they whip up that anger, you'll think they deserve your support.

Go look at Tancredo's voting record and his campaign chest donations.

Don't listen to his 'speeches', look back at his record and see how he voted and who he takes money from.

Anybody can issue press releases and give speeches, ....it's looking at the voting record and the donations that show what's going on when he's not in front of a podium, posing for pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Fort Worth/Dallas
11,878 posts, read 32,969,050 times
Reputation: 5539
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
The people here are but a microcosm of the greater body of people all over the country,

yes, I agree not all the people here hate immigrants, but that doesn't address those that do, and it doesn't account for the ill will and generalizations pointed at immigrants.



Anger and frustration is the stock and trade of those managing the reaction to the exploitation of cheap labor. It's an issue they can ride to gain support. The angrier you are, the less you'll question what's going on and the angrier you are, if they whip up that anger, you'll think they deserve your support.

Go look at Tancredo's voting record and his campaign chest donations.

Don't listen to his 'speeches', look back at his record and see how he voted and who he takes money from.

Anybody can issue press releases and give speeches, ....it's looking at the voting record and the donations that show what's going on when he's not in front of a podium, posing for pictures.
Well, there is hatred on both sides. And those people are just hateful racists. As far as Tancredo's voting record; that is a good point and I promise to further look into his record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 06:42 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
They worked you to their perfection.

The vast majority of immigrants aren't any different than you or I, they're just trying to scratch out a living in a world ruled by thugs and crooks.

Those corporations don't have to spend any of their profits bringing workers up here, those workers are here, their policy is to create 'guest workers' and provide a partial amnesty, ....that accomplishes two things. One, they still have something to hold over the heads of the cheap laborers to keep them in line, but they still get to give the jobs to the lowest wage earners.

Who is pushing for this policy? GW Bush and his cronies. Who supports them, those being played.

Try next door? Not buying it?

You've been played. You go ahead and focus your attention anywhere but on what drives the increase of immigrants.

Someone else is on the way to the bank, and very pleased that you assisted them in their goal.

That game has been working perfectly for them and they're only too happy to have you play along. They don't even have to cut you in on the dough.

They played you for a sucker, and you took the bait.
Two words: anchor babies. No corporation causes pregnant women from SOB to illegaly enter the US so they can give birth on US soil. No corporate bigwig benefits when some woman with a 9th grade education produce a new US citizen, which at 300 million people we do not need. These individuals are not looking for a job. They are looking to drop anchor. With an anchor baby in the family it will be that much more difficult to deport the parent(s). And it opens up all kinds of benefits for the anchor his or herself. The mother typically does not pay the hospital bill so the US taxpayer is left to foot the bill. And now we are obligated to provide the anchor with education, health care, etc. Then when the anchor is old enough he or she can sponsor mom and dad who in turn sponsor other relatives and so on. This anchor baby racket is nothing more than a wholesale swindle of the US taxpayer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 08:06 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,012,526 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
I see an awful lot of misdirected anger and hate directed at the immigrants, whether they are here legally or not
I disagree, illegal aliens are not immigrants they're criminals. Immigrants come here legally to become part of the fabric of America. Illegal aliens are criminals who actually sneak into this country against the law then pick and choose which laws they'll obey.

As far as fault goes, the government is partly at fault, we as citizens are partly at fault for letting the criminal activity go on for so long, and of course the criminals themselves that sneak across the border are also at fault and responsible for their own criminal behavior.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 08:44 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,718,103 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Go look at Tancredo's voting record and his campaign chest donations.

Don't listen to his 'speeches', look back at his record and see how he voted and who he takes money from.

Anybody can issue press releases and give speeches, ....it's looking at the voting record and the donations that show what's going on when he's not in front of a podium, posing for pictures.
Quote:
The next time you see a Tancredo or someone similar who is directing you to focus your hate on the immigrant, take a quick peek at who donates to Tancredo's campaign coffers. What is his alignment? You think it's with the American citizen? He's just one of the front men, willing to lead the masses in the act of deception meant to keep you from paying attention to what is going on behind the scenes.
What specifically troubles you about Tancredo's campaign contributions and voting record?

Last edited by andreabeth; 12-06-2007 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-06-2007, 10:15 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,310 posts, read 18,917,032 times
Reputation: 6517
User 2
Misdirected anger? They take jobs from honest legal citizens by low balling the wages. This equals taking food from our mouths.
We hear everyday its corporate america's fault. But when a bill is introduced that would allow employers to require proof of status the Democrats not the republicans shoot it down. How do we hold corporate america accountable when we deny them the right to know who they are hiring?
Yes agriculture does make use of illegals. That to can be fixed.
Corporate america needs to be held accountable if they knowingly hire illegals. However if we deny them the ability to require proof of legal status we cant very well hold them up for it.
Illegals are here and they need to leave.
Before you accuse me of hating immigrants my wife is a legal immigrant from Thailand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top