Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 12:56 PM

3,589 posts, read 4,142,605 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I'm very naive hehehehe please enlighten me
No; I'm not playing that game. Play dumb all you want; we both know that this government does not give a squirt of p i s s for the citizens of this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 01:03 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,429,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
No; I'm not playing that game. Play dumb all you want; we both know that this government does not give a squirt of p i s s for the citizens of this country.
Of course we know!!!! but what to do? how to stop them? and who's responsible, just the government? or they are just receiving the overall thoughts and vibes?

Old 12-06-2007, 01:08 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,928,387 times
Quote:
Of course we know!!!! but what to do? how to stop them? and who's responsible, just the government? or they are just receiving the overall thoughts and vibes?
Someone already posted the "thoughts & vibes" as collected in the survey showing that Americans do NOT want to give any of thiose priveleges to illegal aliens. Yet the administration, and indeed even those seeking to replace the current administration, seem to be saying that they will not heed that request. So clearly some of us DO NOT believe the government is acting as they are because of some overall vibe.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:03 PM

Quote:
A lot of people are very eager to blame the government for the situation. The government deserves some blame but the illegals themselves deserve more, and I'll tell you why.

The government may not be willing to actually enforce US immigration law, but the illegals are the ones VIOLATING it. The employers may be giving jobs to illegals, but they don't go across the border and kidnap them. The illegals stream across the border of their own volition, knowing the entire time that what they are doing is illegal. Nobody's forcing them to do it.

Old 12-06-2007, 02:05 PM

Quote:
A lot of people are very eager to blame the government for the situation. The government deserves some blame but the illegals themselves deserve more, and I'll tell you why.

The government may not be willing to actually enforce US immigration law, but the illegals are the ones VIOLATING it. The employers may be giving jobs to illegals, but they don't go across the border and kidnap them. The illegals stream across the border of their own volition, knowing the entire time that what they are doing is illegal. Nobody's forcing them to do it.
This is true, but what attracts them, what are they searching?

why is it they lack love for their land?

Old 12-06-2007, 02:07 PM

Quote:
This is true, but what attracts them, what are they searching?
Money.

Quote:
why is it they lack love for their land?
Because they think they can make more money in America. It's greed...and a bit of laziness...since instead of trying to change their own country through a social revolution, they're just coming to ours and stealing from us. Gracias, amigos.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Money.

Because they think they can make more money in America. It's greed...and a bit of laziness...since instead of trying to change their own country through a social revolution, they're just coming to ours and stealing from us. Gracias, amigos.
That's not from amigos huh?

But could it be lack of love for their land? lack of love for America as well, otherwise they'd embrace it wouldn't they, could it be lack of love? self love? self respect, lack of light, happiness, wisdom, rainbows, stars and sunny clouds?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-06-2007 at 03:34 PM..

Old 12-06-2007, 03:25 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,895,633 times
Quote:

But the government and corporations have been dangling these carrots to subvert the law. They WANT those people here nD and know that if they put up enough enticements anybody would run across the border knowing they would only get a slap on the wrist. If you know there is a law, but that law has no teeth, then you'll take the risk to get caught. I probably would. You know where I stand on this, I want the problem fixed, but I respectfully disagree and think our politicians and corporations are by far the biggest part of this problem.

Old 12-06-2007, 03:31 PM

9,598 posts, read 31,668,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Someone already posted the "thoughts & vibes" as collected in the survey showing that Americans do NOT want to give any of thiose priveleges to illegal aliens. Yet the administration, and indeed even those seeking to replace the current administration, seem to be saying that they will not heed that request. So clearly some of us DO NOT believe the government is acting as they are because of some overall vibe.
I agree, Bill

Also, when we do hear the promises to eliminate the benefits . . . ARE THEY SINCERE?

Old 12-06-2007, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
But the government and corporations have been dangling these carrots to subvert the law. They WANT those people here nD and know that if they put up enough enticements anybody would run across the border knowing they would only get a slap on the wrist. If you know there is a law, but that law has no teeth, then you'll take the risk to get caught. I probably would. You know where I stand on this, I want the problem fixed, but I respectfully disagree and think our politicians and corporations are by far the biggest part of this problem.
I have to admit that even it took me awhile to see the light, if there is no law, there is no order and there can't be harmony without those things, because without law there is no wisdom
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration