U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 04:08 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times

Advertisements

[quote=nativeDallasite;2185448]Money.

Because they think they can make more money in America. It's greed...and a bit of laziness...since instead of trying to change their own country through a social revolution, they're just coming to ours and stealing from us. Gracias, amigos.[/quote]

Since when has supporting your family become greedy? They know they can't support their family well in Mexico. Mostly everything in Mexico is priced to the dollar and people don't make dollars. Lazy? Oh spare me. Again, it is not the peoples fault the country's economy is as it is, it is the Governments. And even that is changing for the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 06:07 PM

17,279 posts, read 24,965,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Since when has supporting your family become greedy? They know they can't support their family well in Mexico. Mostly everything in Mexico is priced to the dollar and people don't make dollars. Lazy? Oh spare me. Again, it is not the peoples fault the country's economy is as it is, it is the Governments. And even that is changing for the better.
Gee, I dunno... if you're so desperately poor that you either a) need to leave your wife and kids behind to go work in the Great White North, or b) need to send your sons to Amerikkka to find work to support you, maybe having "no" kids or "less" kids could be the easiest route to "not being poor?"

Old 12-06-2007, 07:57 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Gee, I dunno... if you're so desperately poor that you either a) need to leave your wife and kids behind to go work in the Great White North, or b) need to send your sons to Amerikkka to find work to support you, maybe having "no" kids or "less" kids could be the easiest route to "not being poor?"
LOL . . . TriMT7

LOGIC IS NEVER PART OF THE MASTER PLAN!

If a man cannot afford to feed TWO kids . . . have a few more for kicks and look around for sympathy?

Old 12-06-2007, 08:40 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
But the government and corporations have been dangling these carrots to subvert the law. They WANT those people here nD and know that if they put up enough enticements anybody would run across the border knowing they would only get a slap on the wrist. If you know there is a law, but that law has no teeth, then you'll take the risk to get caught. I probably would. You know where I stand on this, I want the problem fixed, but I respectfully disagree and think our politicians and corporations are by far the biggest part of this problem.
*shrug* If the illegals weren't streaming across the border voluntarily, this problem wouldn't exist.

Old 12-06-2007, 08:41 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
[quote=ProLogic;2186608]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Money.

Because they think they can make more money in America. It's greed...and a bit of laziness...since instead of trying to change their own country through a social revolution, they're just coming to ours and stealing from us. Gracias, amigos.[/quote]

But do you agree that it's OUR responsibility to change our country for the better? If changing America for the better is OUR responsibility, why shouldn't changing Mexico for the better be THEIR responsibility? That's intellectually lazy and just another excuse to try to tear down my position. It's pretty weak if you want my honest opinion.

Old 12-07-2007, 03:27 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,297,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
But do you agree that it's OUR responsibility to change our country for the better? If changing America for the better is OUR responsibility, why shouldn't changing Mexico for the better be THEIR responsibility? That's intellectually lazy and just another excuse to try to tear down my position. It's pretty weak if you want my honest opinion.
Full support!!!

This comes from a true Mexica, who dreams of a better Mexico

......Sun.........Mountain........Serpent......... Tuna fruit....Maguey Cactus....Flag

Let's change Mexico! and Let Mexico be a true brother to America.

Forever!!!!!

Tlazotla: Loving
Cualli: Good
Nelli: Truth
Teotl: God
Machilitzli: Knowledge
Toltecayotl: Culture
Mexicayotl: Mexicaness
Tlatzotzonalli: Music
Xochicuicatl: Poetry

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-07-2007 at 03:42 AM..

Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM

4,834 posts, read 5,441,393 times
Why should ILLEGAL immigrants get any kind of benefits that are paid for by LEGAL Americans? These ILLEGALS are law breakers and have proved that by sneaking into our country. Giving them aid and support and benefits is like rewarding radical Muslims who kill innocent civilians . they should all be rounded up, jailed, fined and deported with criminal records to wherever they came from and let their own countries pay for their sad existence.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:21 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,297,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
Why should ILLEGAL immigrants get any kind of benefits that are paid for by LEGAL Americans? These ILLEGALS are law breakers and have proved that by sneaking into our country. Giving them aid and support and benefits is like rewarding radical Muslims who kill innocent civilians . they should all be rounded up, jailed, fined and deported with criminal records to wherever they came from and let their own countries pay for their sad existence.
Try not to fill your mind and heart with evil wishes and thoughts, it'll only make you feel bad and attract bad things.

Something should be done yes, but don't wish it with a bad intention

Old 12-08-2007, 03:05 PM

919 posts, read 2,858,314 times
While we are between jobs, always worked, never got handouts or expected them, we checked into Merck for free meds for us, since they are very expensive and my child and I Have asthma and I have several problems with my health that are very costly...we were told no, but if were illegals aliens, we would of gotten them..so tell me why in the world would americans who are law abidding citizens who always worked and never asked a thing, till we needed meds that will cost us 900 a month out of pocket and uet illegals get them no questions asked????SOmething is very wrong with this pic and our country too.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:58 PM

23,003 posts, read 31,957,905 times
it should be this simple-

NO PAPERS, NO NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

was that so hard?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or