U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 AM

4,800 posts, read 7,687,743 times

Advertisements

American Pulse(TM) Survey: Providing Benefits to Undocumented Immigrants; Overwhelming Majority Don't Think It's Good for America

COLUMBUS, OH -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 12/05/07 -- As the debate heats up over whether or not the U.S. Government should provide benefits to undocumented immigrants, most Americans agree that it is not good for the country, according to the American Pulse(TM) Survey of 4,069 respondents.

The majority of respondents said "No" when asked if they think undocumented immigrants should be given the following:

Driver's License (81.7%),
Business License (89.3%),
Housing Assistance (82.8%),
Educational Benefits (76.7%)
Job Training (73.7%).

More...Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Benefits to Illegals - Overwhelming Majority Don't Think So
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2007, 09:43 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Yet more proof of how out of touch government is with the will of the people. Not that they actually care about the will of the people...

Old 12-06-2007, 10:52 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,294,821 times
Dear ND, friend how could you do something to make your government listen?

I'm afraid the vibes are pretty heavy and dark right now, but something could be done what you think?

Could it be that the government is just reflecting the vibes of the population?

Much Luv and Respect

Old 12-06-2007, 10:59 AM

12,620 posts, read 17,684,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
American Pulse(TM) Survey: Providing Benefits to Undocumented Immigrants; Overwhelming Majority Don't Think It's Good for America

COLUMBUS, OH -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 12/05/07 -- As the debate heats up over whether or not the U.S. Government should provide benefits to undocumented immigrants, most Americans agree that it is not good for the country, according to the American Pulse(TM) Survey of 4,069 respondents.

The majority of respondents said "No" when asked if they think undocumented immigrants should be given the following:

Driver's License (81.7%),
Business License (89.3%),
Housing Assistance (82.8%),
Educational Benefits (76.7%)
Job Training (73.7%).

More...Illegal Immigration ALIPAC - Benefits to Illegals - Overwhelming Majority Don't Think So
We have to just keep calling our elected officials and voice our opinions. If they are not listening vote them out of office and get someone new in until they listen......

Old 12-06-2007, 11:15 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

I'm afraid the vibes are pretty heavy and dark right now, but something could be done what you think?

Much Luv and Respect
As Mexico's government is making moves in the positive direction Tf, the US government has steadily been making moves in the negative direction. Our politicians have their own agendas, with the Republicans being lobbied by the giant corporations for more cheap labor and the Democrats believe they will have more power as Hispanics will vote to keep them in office for their compassionate stance.

If they truly reflected the vibes of the population, they would hear all of these statistics and floods of calls and letters that speak out against amnesty and providing benefits. They choose to ignore it until we get in their face en mass and threaten them. Only then do they "back off a little bit" and choose to fight the battle another day. And they do just that, trying to sneak bills in under our noses until one or more decent politicians (and there are some) speak up against this. Also, the media component is a factor, mainly AM Talk Radio as many of these things won't make the evening news in the US because the television media are in bed with the Republicans and Democrats failed agendas.

IMO, there is definitely a "globalism" agenda here regardless whether or not the American public wants it or not. They are supposed to represent the will of the people that put them in office, but all too often they are simply in office because they love power and wealth. Most of our politicians are very wealthy people and are out of touch with the middle and poor class.

We have serious political problems in the U.S.A. these days. I would not doubt that if things keep up as they are there will be a huge revolution (in the form of votes) that will basically get rid of all the "old guard" and let some people from the Independent party have a chance. I voted for George Bush in the first election (even gave money to his campaign) and now regret that decision greatly.

I hope this helps you to understand the situation a bit more; at least from my perspective. Thanks as always for your very intelligent posts.

Old 12-06-2007, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
As Mexico's government is making moves in the positive direction Tf, the US government has steadily been making moves in the negative direction. Our politicians have their own agendas, with the Republicans being lobbied by the giant corporations for more cheap labor and the Democrats believe they will have more power as Hispanics will vote to keep them in office for their compassionate stance.

If they truly reflected the vibes of the population, they would hear all of these statistics and floods of calls and letters that speak out against amnesty and providing benefits. They choose to ignore it until we get in their face en mass and threaten them. Only then do they "back off a little bit" and choose to fight the battle another day. And they do just that, trying to sneak bills in under our noses until one or more decent politicians (and there are some) speak up against this. Also, the media component is a factor, mainly AM Talk Radio as many of these things won't make the evening news in the US because the television media are in bed with the Republicans and Democrats failed agendas.

IMO, there is definitely a "globalism" agenda here regardless whether or not the American public wants it or not. They are supposed to represent the will of the people that put them in office, but all too often they are simply in office because they love power and wealth. Most of our politicians are very wealthy people and are out of touch with the middle and poor class.

We have serious political problems in the U.S.A. these days. I would not doubt that if things keep up as they are there will be a huge revolution (in the form of votes) that will basically get rid of all the "old guard" and let some people from the Independent party have a chance. I voted for George Bush in the first election (even gave money to his campaign) and now regret that decision greatly.

I hope this helps you to understand the situation a bit more; at least from my perspective. Thanks as always for your very intelligent posts.
Thank you my dear friend!

Well then by all means, do something!! you are the burning eagle guys!! that's the spirit of AMERICA

and if you need help, be it physical or spiritual, you have it!!!

Love and Light forever!!!!

Old 12-06-2007, 11:54 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
Great post Synopsis..reps!

Old 12-06-2007, 12:15 PM

3,589 posts, read 2,971,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post

You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding...please don't be that naive.

Old 12-06-2007, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
You're kidding, right? Please tell me you're kidding...please don't be that naive.
I'm very naive hehehehe please enlighten me

Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,615,542 times
Suffice to say; I agree with both Synopsis and Travelling fella here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or