Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What would you do if this was your family situation
I am against illegal immigration and I am against this marriage! 13 65.00%
I am for illegal immigration and I wish them the best! 1 5.00%
I am against illegal immigration, but I will respect their wishes. 6 30.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2014, 12:40 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYClass View Post
This reply reaks of someone who doesn't understand the process of children. I knew one illegal in school who didn't want to be here but didn't really understand his choices. Putting kids in it is quite a complex situation, really.

I just say, think if your child was taken to a different country as an infant, didn't coherently understand the life and language of his parents country but didn't have any options in the new country as a citizen, either. Has to he scary.
They need to blame their parents then and not expect our government to bend the rules for them or their parents. It's pure nonsense that these kids haven't learned the language of their homelands and that they are not culturally like their parents also. How do you think their parents communicated with them if not through their mutually understood native language? Why do we have so many Mexicans and other Latino kids that enter our schools that only speak Spanish?

Old 04-05-2014, 12:57 PM

161 posts, read 172,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They need to blame their parents then and not expect our government to bend the rules for them or their parents. It's pure nonsense that these kids haven't learned the language of their homelands and that they are not culturally like their parents also. How do you think their parents communicated with them if not through their mutually understood native language? Why do we have so many Mexicans and other Latino kids that enter our schools that only speak Spanish?
Obviously, this is not true. I have met several kids that do NOT speak spanish nor do they know anything about mexico. Let me just take you and drop off you off in a foreign country like indonesia and see how far you get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Well I'm married to a very brown skinned legal immigrant now a citizen. Illegals are criminals who feel entitled to special treatment. Some of us have loved ones waiting in line to enter legally. Some of us believe in fair play and the rule of law. 1 thing I know is that you should never reward undesired behavior. What message does it send?
At any rate this thread is about if you have a loved one who wants to marry an illegal. Most of us have pretty much answered the question. I know that I have.
Are illegals scum? Any who are using fraudulent ID are. Any who drive without a license or insurance are. Any who commit violent crimes are. Any lowballing wages are. This is not a victimless crime.
Does your wife know that you feel this way? I actually have an issue with this, a person was posting (not you, someone else) that they did things the "right way" and they got married and the wife got legal and now she supposedly hates illegal immigrants. I have seen this kind of pretentiousness before and I cant' stand it. Just because a person got lucky enough to get married to an American, doesn't automatically make that hispanic person better than other hispanics. I've actually seen that and I can't stand it. It reeks of arrogance and I can't stand it.

Quote:
Sure. Again, that's why republicans will be snowballed into a minority in coming decades. I partially agree with you, but calling someone scum and treating them with hostility as their population grow on both the legal an illegal side will and have been backfiring.

FYI: the kid I was talking about returned to his country, came back legally is now one of the most renowned doctors in his hospital. As someone who was once considered scum by you and others who swarm this forum, I'm sure he'd be interested to see this place.
I actually read that too and I was thinking. I know people that don't have car insurance, and we read about regular citizens that do id theft, welfare fraud etc, etc., but nobody ever complains about them. A crime is a crime right? Regardless of whoever does it.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:16 PM

73 posts, read 78,066 times
Well, if she marries the illegal, he won't be illegal anymore I would guess.

Old 04-05-2014, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protoman View Post
Obviously, this is not true. I have met several kids that do NOT speak spanish nor do they know anything about mexico. Let me just take you and drop off you off in a foreign country like indonesia and see how far you get.

Does your wife know that you feel this way? I actually have an issue with this, a person was posting (not you, someone else) that they did things the "right way" and they got married and the wife got legal and now she supposedly hates illegal immigrants. I have seen this kind of pretentiousness before and I cant' stand it. Just because a person got lucky enough to get married to an American, doesn't automatically make that hispanic person better than other hispanics. I've actually seen that and I can't stand it. It reeks of arrogance and I can't stand it.

I actually read that too and I was thinking. I know people that don't have car insurance, and we read about regular citizens that do id theft, welfare fraud etc, etc., but nobody ever complains about them. A crime is a crime right? Regardless of whoever does it.
So because someone is/was a legal immigrant that means they must support illegal immigration also? How do you figure that when the above person spent a lot of money and time to follow the legal process? It makes more sense to me that they would resent those who do not. It isn't hate as the pro-illegals imply it is objection but hate is a strong word that demonizes those who disagree with them and that's why they use it. That little dishonest game has been played far too long.

American lawbreakers need to be held accountable also and no one has said otherwise but two wrongs don't make a right and we have enough lawbreakers of our own without illegals coming here and making it worse. This is the illegal immigration forum therefore that is what is being discussed. If you want to discuss American lawbreakers I am sure there is a forum for that also.

It is still a fact that we have many kids either brought here illegally or came on their own that don't know English and that have entered our schools. Remain in denial if you wish but the stats are out there for you to verify.

Last edited by Oldglory; 04-05-2014 at 01:52 PM..

Old 04-05-2014, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaLineman View Post
Well, if she marries the illegal, he won't be illegal anymore I would guess.
That's a very black/white way to look at it I guess lol. I really wanted to make the poll public, but I figured that people wouldn't vote then...who knows..maybe tinman, packerfan and old glory are part of the 4 that voted that they would respect their wishes. I don't know, maybe they just need a hug lol. Disclamer: Not from me, but just saying... lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So because someone is/was a legal immigrant that means they must support illegal immigration also? How do you figure that when the above person spent a lot of money and time to follow the legal process? It makes more sense to me that they would resent those who do not. It isn't hate as the pro-illegals imply it is objection but hate is a strong word that demonizes those who disagree with them and that's why they use it. That little dishonest game has been played far too long.

American lawbreakers need to be held accountable also and no one has said otherwise but two wrongs don't make a right and we have enough lawbreakers of our own without illegals coming here and making it worse. This is the illegal immigration forum therefore that is what is being discussed. If you want to discuss American lawbreakers I am sure there is a forum for that also.

It is still a fact that we have many kids either brought here illegally or came on their own that don't know English and that have entered our schools. Remain in denial if you wish but the stats are out there for you to verify.
Who is to say that that person WASNT illegal? What if that person's visa was also about to run out? What gets me is when someone looks down on others when they were basically in the SAME SITUATION.

I figured you wouldn't get it. Ok, let me put it another way...and this really burns me up saying this.

Hispanics from Mexico that cross the border to go here to school. They think they are better than regular mexicans that have to go to school in Mexico. The reason is well, "I go to school in the U.S., so I am better/smarter than you". These kids usually have money and know english and spanish fluently. I just can't stand pride and arrogance from anyone about anything lmao. It really bothers me.

Also, love is a very powerful thing. While we can say what we would have, could have, should have done, there are plenty of American women that have moved to mexico to be with their significant others and have even blogged about it.

Old 04-05-2014, 02:13 PM

Quote:
That's a very black/white way to look at it I guess lol. I really wanted to make the poll public, but I figured that people wouldn't vote then...who knows..maybe tinman, packerfan and old glory are part of the 4 that voted that they would respect their wishes. I don't know, maybe they just need a hug lol. Disclamer: Not from me, but just saying... lol

Who is to say that that person WASNT illegal? What if that person's visa was also about to run out? What gets me is when someone looks down on others when they were basically in the SAME SITUATION.

I figured you wouldn't get it. Ok, let me put it another way...and this really burns me up saying this.

Hispanics from Mexico that cross the border to go here to school. They think they are better than regular mexicans that have to go to school in Mexico. The reason is well, "I go to school in the U.S., so I am better/smarter than you". These kids usually have money and know english and spanish fluently. I just can't stand pride and arrogance from anyone about anything lmao. It really bothers me.
I don't care about what foreigners think one way or another. I oppose illegal aliens attending our schools either way. The fact still remains that we have illegals attending our schools that don't speak English and even when they learn it they are still able to speak their native tongue via their parents and their homeland's culture has been instilled in them also so they should be able to adapt to their homeland quite well if deported along with their parents.

The subject was about an illegal being married to a citizen and what should they do or be allowed to do. The insinuation was that legal immigrants shouldn't be opposed to illegal immigration because you think that is being arrogant. It would make more sense to be resentful if after they jumped through hoops to come here the legal way and those who didn't would get a pass on our immigration laws. That's arrogance?

Old 04-05-2014, 04:58 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:
The hate that's the general undertone of this forum. Reading the threads here tend to literally make my skin crawl. You, yourself, may not hate Hispanics but the general tone of this forum and the right wing in general is that their brown skin scum.

There's ways of dealing with immigration as opposed to speaking of and treating people like they're a subspecies, but say that on this forum and you're generally attacked. It happened to me yesterday.

I'm not even "liberal." I was raised politically, religiously and fiscally conservative... But if I do know one thing, is that a lot of things are tipping the scale for the GOP to fall on the losing side of things. If the GOP loses this next presidential election after this Obamacare mess, honestly it'll be hard for them to come back at all. The reason I brought it up on general is that in the 90s, Hispanics had a big support for GOP, bush especially. That's dwindling.
Uh; "brown skin scum"? I DO look at illegal aliens as "pond scum"; even those with white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:00 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,894,477 times
Quote:

Those kids need to cuss out their illegal alien parents; NOT the US.

Old 04-05-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Uh; "brown skin scum"? I DO look at illegal aliens as "pond scum"; even those with white skin, blonde hair and blue eyes.
And so, how do you know which ones are illegal and which ones arn't?

Old 04-05-2014, 05:42 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,380 times
Default Deport

Quote:
So I was thinking about illegal immigration and I started thinking, if you are AGAINST illegal immigration, then what would you do if a relative entered into a consensual relationship with an illegal immigrant and they wanted to get married? It could be your daughter/son/granddaughter/grandson/nephew or niece, doesn't matter. Let's go ahead and assume that BEYOND A DOUBT you can prove that they really do love each other and they want to be together so this is not a green card marriage. Would you be for or against the marriage? Why or why not?

P.S. I do not want this to be against certain ethnic groups. The question is would you or would you not support the decision of your relative.
It would be for better long term results to go home and apply just like any other prospect foreign national to apply for status .I would not put the rest of Family at risk and her the person trying to get status.

Try that in let's say New Zealand? LOL

Good try to appeal to our sensitive side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration