U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2007, 09:14 PM

8,185 posts, read 21,741,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrkool View Post
see this country become, little by little, more like Mexico or Central America.
Arizona was once a part of Mexico not that long ago. And, i am NOT a tree huger, but do you need a history lesson in how the West was settled? I bet the Indians were saying the same thing about all of these white people 'invading" they're land.

Last edited by K-Luv; 12-13-2007 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-13-2007, 09:29 PM

8,185 posts, read 21,741,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I watched a video yesterday showing migrant workers in upscale hotels clean the bathroom glasses with dirty wash rags that were just used on the toilet, then spraying them with the window cleaner or just rinsing them in the dirty sink and putting them back. I have used these glasses in good faith for years and am horrified at the lack of consideration for our health. I also blame the hotel management. The illegals can go home, reapply, get some training and come back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizona Bound View Post
What I was referring to was .. to completely close flights in and out of the U.S. FROM and TO mexico! Not flights from ie; Europe, Japan. And completely close tijuana and all other mexico tourist crossings. The mexican government does not help with the illegals is because.. they sneak over here, make money, and then send American dollars back to family in mexico, central and south america. So WHY would the mexican government help control illegal crossings, it's a win-win situation for them. Don't tell me that they only take jobs that Americans won't do.. bull. And just because they show a document or ss card doesn't make them legal to work here.. The factory I worked at hired mexicans and they got paid the same as everyone else! There was a mexican grocery store that got busted for selling about 200 fake documents and ss cards a month. Is making 56K a year good for you? I'm sure a lot of other Americans would say not bad.. well in the news, a fact, an illegal from mexico stole or paid for, not sure which) an American ladies id-ss # and worked her way up to managers job and got paid 56K a year. Do you realize how many sneak over the border and commit a serious crime! Do you realize how many sneak over, drive a car with no license, no insurance. Two of our friends were hit by illegals with false id's and false documentation and drunk.. guess who paid for hospital and vehicles! Stay in mexico... protest IN mexico! keep Americans from vacationing in mexico!.. keep giving and they will keep coming. One day the whole country will be just like Los angeles, one big mexican infested, gangbanging, drug, grafetti, garbage dump. The true American life as you know it will cease to exist! Why do you think America has become such a great country in a short time? Why do you think mexico STILL is a 3rd world country? No ambition to fight thier own government? No mentality to fight protest thier government for a better life? You tell me? Guess it's easier to sneak over here and rob us of our way of life!
This has got to be the most ignorant piece that I have ever read on City-Data. Since you seem to be so gung-ho, why don't you grow a pair and post this in the Mexico forum.

Ok, first of all, you act as though there are absolutely zero white people in America who get drunk, do graffiti, deal/do drugs or anything thing else immoral.

Second, who the hell are you to tell me were I can vacation? If I want to go to Mexico, I will.

Old 12-13-2007, 09:56 PM

552 posts, read 965,166 times
This topic is an eyesore.

Quote:
we shouldn't have resturants all over the place any way, what kinda crap is that. We done need them on every corner or every where we turn, why do ya think we got overwieght people all over the country.
Good crap. I hate having to drive 7.2 miles to get to Chiles, it would be wonderful if there were one closer to where I lived. Don't blame the restaurants for the poor eating habits of Americans, it's not their fault that some of us are greedy beasts.

Quote:
THE FOOD INDUSTRY WAS CREATED BECAUSE OUR JOBS WERE SENT TO CHINA.
I've never thought of it that way. I feel so stupid for thinking that the "food industry" exists because people need sustenance.

Quote:
PEOPLE WILL WORK AT WHAT YOU CALL HEAVY MANUEL LABOR IF THEY R PAID ACCORDINGLY, DECENT RESPECTABLY WAGES. U PROBABLY CAN'T UNDERSTAND THIS.
We live in a capitalist society, Stalin. People working crap jobs will get crap wages because that's what they deserve.

Quote:
NO MORE RESTURANTS=NO MORE MEXICANS. PAY AMERICANS, AMERICAN WAGES NOT MEXICAN WAGES.

The unemployment rate don't worry about it. It to is a gov. hoaks as I have said before.

more Mexican invaders and colonist will go home; hopefully.

ANYONE WHO SUPPORTS THE MEXICAN INVASION AND COLONIZATION, IS THE ENEMY OF THE WORKING CITIZENS OF THE UNITED STATSE OF AMERICA, AND IS NOT A PATRIOT.
Logical fallacy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 12-14-2007, 04:25 AM

1,304 posts, read 2,921,056 times
Hey Kluv.. there is a mexican forum too? OOPS, sorry.. of course there is, why not... they get everything else.
And UNTIL you have a friend that was raped and beat up by a lowlife illegal mexican... don't try your, oh those poor poor mexicans lets give them all our jobs and anything else they want. I lived in California for 5 years... I seen our wonderful neighborhood slowly turn in to a trashy mexican gangbanging slum. yes we have enough Americans who do bad things. I like being able to walk down the street without being robbed or shot. When I lived in California we could NOT walk our once wonderful neighborhood, because you took the chance of being robbed or shot by a mexican. You had to start being very careful while getting gas, or be carjacked by a mexican. The mexican lowlife that raped my friend was never caught and punished, he hightailed back to mexico. Why should Americans have to take the chance. Yes lots of bad Americans, we get that. Closing our borders up tight, would in FACT insure us Americans less crime, more jobs, less abuse of tax dollars, and much less of a chance that a good friend or family member won't be raped or robbed by some lowlife illegal!

Old 12-14-2007, 08:42 AM

235 posts, read 817,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Arizona was once a part of Mexico not that long ago. And, i am NOT a tree huger, but do you need a history lesson in how the West was settled? I bet the Indians were saying the same thing about all of these white people 'invading" they're land.
I bet the Anazasi were saying the same thing about the Navajo "invading" their land, how far do you want to go back to establish your arbitrary line of who "stole" the land ?

Stating that Arizona was once part of Mexico is about as pointless to this discussion as stating that Pennsylvania was once ruled by the British Monarchy.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:35 AM

1 posts, read 1,315 times
It's really not as simple as that, and everyone on welfare isn't lazy. Don't misunderstand me, there is no shortage of lazy people on welfare, but that doesn't apply to everyone and it's a mistake to think it does. I've known welfare recipients who went to work on time everyday without fail. The problem wasn't their work ethic, it was that they were unskilled, or minimally skilled, and as a result couldn't make enough income to support their families without welfare and/or other assistance.

In light of the way things are now, I think everyone needs a trade. I think kids should graduate from high school with a trade and be ready to enter the workforce at a decent wage level, even if they are going to college.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
Put the lazy people to work...cut welfare !! Only those that truly cannot work should get assistance.

I'm all for getting rid of the illegals...but make sure you have plan to fill in the Gaps!! If not then there will be a hefty price to pay...everyone ready to be price gouged in areas other then gas prices?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:51 AM

635 posts, read 1,559,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Luv View Post
Great Response!

Old 12-14-2007, 10:00 AM

151 posts, read 166,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Do you believe the January 1st Illegal Immigration law causing all employers to verify legal workers in Arizona will hurt or benefit the state of Arizona? Do you believe illegal immigrants will leave and the businesses will stop or continue to hire them? Oklahoma's economy is hurting from losing 75,000 illegals. I could only manage what will happen if Arizona loses 500,000 illegals.
I think this law will help Arizona in the long run. Yes, the initial shock might be a burden, but in the long run it will strengthen Arizona. This law, though very tough, is the most direct way of going after the source of illegal immigration. Our government cannot march into Mexico and fix things there so that their citizens stay, but we can go after the source of the problem here at home.

I completely understand why someone living in Mexico would want to come into the United States. I admire any illegal immigrants drive to succeed and provide for their families. That is all they are trying to do. BUT, we cannot continue to provide services for these people. It is not fair to the American taxpayer and our infrastructure simply cannot keep up. In order to keep up with the influx of illegal immigrants we have to build the equivalent of a major us city each year. That means new roads, new schools, new hospitals, libraries, etc... It is too much, too fast.

It will be very interesting to see how this law changes things, but we should remember to be patient. Keep our eyes on the big picture here. The only real concern is where the illegals currently in AZ are going to go. I think most of them will end up in other states nearby like Nevada before they go back to Mexico.

Old 12-14-2007, 10:01 AM

27,819 posts, read 37,852,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Great Response!
Why would you say that? It is a pretty silly remark, actually. Is it because you agree with it? Parts of AZ were sold to the US or ceded as spoils of war. If I sell my house, does the previous owner have a right to come back and live in my garage without my permission?

Old 12-14-2007, 10:06 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
My goodness. I would never suggest that we do not have our fair share of "low life" white, black, name a color, trash in this country legally. My argument would be why the heck would you want to import more? I think our laws should be followed, not broken. Legal, law abiding immigrants are more than welcome and I think this country has demonstrated that. I am tired of CRIMINALS coming here and causing more havoc. When we allow people to bipass the entry rules then we get poorly trained, poorly educated people that do cause a health risk to our citizens. These people are not just coming from Mexico, so take the chip off your shoulder. They are coming from China with TB, they are coming from Russia with TB. If you want it, go ahead and mingle, embrace and throw your children into a classroom with them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or