U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:34 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,812 times
Reputation: 184

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Yea those are the pansy ones!!!!!! here in the PNW we HAVE to work in the rain!!!!!
Got that right. Here in MO the real construction workers work in all types of weather but then they are not illegal and don't get that special treatment. The Americans don't have welfare of whatever kind to fall back on like the illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:38 PM
 
Location: Pinal County, Arizona
25,107 posts, read 34,366,957 times
Reputation: 4893
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
A lot of illegals don't have jobs during the holidays.. .

Oh, Boo Hoo PL

Question for you: Who should I care more about - Illegals or those here legally and American Citizens who don't have a job during the Holiday?

Where is YOUR alligence and loyalty PL?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 03:44 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,812 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh, Boo Hoo PL

Question for you: Who should I care more about - Illegals or those here legally and American Citizens who don't have a job during the Holiday?

Where is YOUR alligence and loyalty PL?
Have you ever seen such idiocy? Oh well, pro-illegal people should move their butts down with the ones they love so much and leave us alone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:45 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Oh, Boo Hoo PL

Question for you: Who should I care more about - Illegals or those here legally and American Citizens who don't have a job during the Holiday?

Where is YOUR alligence and loyalty PL?
Was my post about sympathy towards illegals? Oh god, are you kidding me right now? I was just pointing out they don't have jobs over the winter holidays because it rains a lot. Wow, you surprise me everyday. And where is my alligience? where is your literary analysis skills?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:46 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Got that right. Here in MO the real construction workers work in all types of weather but then they are not illegal and don't get that special treatment. The Americans don't have welfare of whatever kind to fall back on like the illegals.
My dad has been in construction for over 20 years, he never works when it rains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:47 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Got that right. Here in MO the real construction workers work in all types of weather but then they are not illegal and don't get that special treatment. The Americans don't have welfare of whatever kind to fall back on like the illegals.
Absolutely. I know guys that frame and roof in snow!! Yet they complain about some rain!!!!! So much for working harder than Americans!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
My dad has been in construction for over 20 years, he never works when it rains.
Good thing he doesn't live here or work with the guys I know, he would never make it!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:49 PM
 
902 posts, read 505,812 times
Reputation: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Absolutely. I know guys that frame and roof in snow!! Yet they complain about some rain!!!!! So much for working harder than Americans!!!!
Well, they do work harder, harder at making excuses. LOLOLOLOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 04:51 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nea1 View Post
Good thing he doesn't live here or work with the guys I know, he would never make it!!!!!!!!!
Your right he wouldn't, he's tired and looks older than his actual age and has major back problems. He's retiring next year hopefully. The reason they don't work in the rain is because there are safety hazards, you know, if people slip and break a bone they can sue the company? Thats why, when they are rained out they can't even step foot on the premises. Exact reason why he didn't go to work today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-18-2007, 05:14 PM
 
Location: Colorado
10,017 posts, read 16,694,959 times
Reputation: 2086
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Your right he wouldn't, he's tired and looks older than his actual age and has major back problems. He's retiring next year hopefully. The reason they don't work in the rain is because there are safety hazards, you know, if people slip and break a bone they can sue the company? Thats why, when they are rained out they can't even step foot on the premises. Exact reason why he didn't go to work today.
My husband is 39 been in construction 23 years. Wearing his bags for most of them. Guess where he is right now? He is walking a roof line, in high winds and rain. It is called safety straps. OSHA requires them to be tied off on second stories and higher, so they wont slip and fall and if they do, they were not following OSHA regulations. Thats how it is done, if the company follows the law, otherwise homes and commercial buildings would not be built, considering the winter fall or spring weather in most states equals rain, snow ice and wind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top