U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2007, 06:05 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Your right he wouldn't, he's tired and looks older than his actual age and has major back problems. He's retiring next year hopefully. The reason they don't work in the rain is because there are safety hazards, you know, if people slip and break a bone they can sue the company? Thats why, when they are rained out they can't even step foot on the premises. Exact reason why he didn't go to work today.
I thought your family was rich... Didn't you just say the otherday that your father pay 100,000 dollars in taxes on one property he just sold ? And I do remember something about all of the family rental properties ...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2007, 06:09 PM
NCN

21,136 posts, read 21,143,346 times
When you look at questions like this, there is only one answer. Doing right is always the right answer. Will doing right hurt a state? No it won't. It is right to get tough on illegals. We have a system for immigration and it should be used when entering this country. Is it fair for people in other countries who want to come here for their place to be taken by someone who broke line? No! Our laws are there for a reason and they should be upheld. You don't reward people for doing wrong. It will backfire and end up hurting everybody concerned.

Old 12-18-2007, 10:39 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,161,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I thought your family was rich... Didn't you just say the otherday that your father pay 100,000 dollars in taxes on one property he just sold ? And I do remember something about all of the family rental properties ...
Just because my dad owns rental properties doesn't mean were rich. He sold off a property and had to pay over $100k in taxes including his income taxes.

Old 12-19-2007, 10:25 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,380,187 times
The exodus of illegals continues today - they are "getting out while the getting is good"

However, it is being reported that many here illegally are first going to the Mexican Consulates office to get proper documents to get back into Mexico LEGALLY -

Now, let me get this straight: They first come to the United States illegally but then want to go back to Mexico LEGALLY?

This is too funny!!

Old 12-19-2007, 10:38 AM

2,370 posts, read 6,858,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
The exodus of illegals continues today - they are "getting out while the getting is good"

However, it is being reported that many here illegally are first going to the Mexican Consulates office to get proper documents to get back into Mexico LEGALLY -

Now, let me get this straight: They first come to the United States illegally but then want to go back to Mexico LEGALLY?

This is too funny!!
Yeah I thought that was interesting too. Just goes to show you what these specific individuals hold in respect and what they hold in contempt.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:13 PM

635 posts, read 1,560,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Just because my dad owns rental properties doesn't mean were rich. He sold off a property and had to pay over $100k in taxes including his income taxes.
I got your back. Don't let the adults who punk you because of your age to bother with your confidence. Your answer is just as important as theirs.

Old 12-19-2007, 01:43 PM

902 posts, read 506,606 times
Gotta love the fear mongers and the criminal lovers. http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii200/Ozark-Baby/mediumdiscofrog.gif (broken link)

Old 12-19-2007, 01:53 PM

51,076 posts, read 29,155,066 times
The 500,000 people the OP mentioned is the estimatated number of illegal aliens in the entire state of Arizona, not just the Phoenix metro area, nevertheless, there are probably around 300,000 such residents in the Phoenix area.

There will be some pain initially, if all the illegals leave in a mass exodus, but the pain is only short and temporary, and in the long run, the benefits will certainly outweight the short term effects.

We have to keep in mind also, that the laws will only work IF they're enforced. There will also be those who operate businesses illegally to avoid being detected by any law enforcement agencies.

Old 12-21-2007, 08:12 AM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I got your back. Don't let the adults who punk you because of your age to bother with your confidence. Your answer is just as important as theirs.
Hey, even at a 10% tax rate he would have to made one million dollars profit....simple math...

Old 12-21-2007, 05:20 PM

1,210 posts, read 1,038,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Do you believe the January 1st Illegal Immigration law causing all employers to verify legal workers in Arizona will hurt or benefit the state of Arizona? Do you believe illegal immigrants will leave and the businesses will stop or continue to hire them? Oklahoma's economy is hurting from losing 75,000 illegals. I could only manage what will happen if Arizona loses 500,000 illegals.
crime will go down and when crime is down the tax payers will save money.
Deport them and their anchor babies and deport them now!!
Save America and the American people
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or