U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 08:48 AM

4,299 posts, read 13,412,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by laloelchido View Post
As Hispanic, I love my people, but I do not set a blind eye to them, and I know that there are many that don't need the help and apply for it. I've seen people with 4-6 kids who didn't pay a dime to have them, while they own jewelry, nice vehicles with rims and accessories, and use public benefits.

However, many illegals DO pay taxes, and many don't claim them in their returns because they pay them through withholding, thus it's free money for the government. Also, since many illegals use fake ss#'s, the government has multiple instances of one number working and paying taxes. So if people are leaving the state and there are less physical taxpayers, there will be less money coming in for the government, as it is being experienced right now with the illegals already fleeing the state.

You also seem to be unaware that illegals usually work for less wages than legals do, and they usually do it without benefits that often are required by law, such as paid vacations, work safety, etc. I agree, jobs will become vacant and will be filled, but you also have to look beyond the immediate effect. Higher wages, benefits, and expense of work security will increase the cost of many businesses and thus, the price of many commodities we currently enjoy will also have to go up for these businesses to keep making a profit.

As far as the houses, I don't know if you live in Arizona, but the real estate market is not where you want to be...trust me. Also, houses don't have to be empty for a long time to have a negative effect on the economy. It's the number of houses that matters. One here...one there...one over there. They add up, and if houses are empty, neighborhoods decrease in value, and if illegals flee without paying their houses (or property tax), banks are stuck with houses that are depreciated, and with no one to pay them, the real estate market plummets.

The financial burden they put on the States will balance out with their departure.

I have no pity for banks giving loans and credit cards(B of A) and (Desert Schools) when they get stuck with the bills.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 09:48 PM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Like many Americans; both Anglo and Hispanic, we as a group are praying that the housing market continues to decline in value-------it went up way too fast.

Possibly the biggest problem is that once a person breaks a significant law: i.e. being here illegally to being with; said individuals tend to have less respect for other laws.

As has been posted in the past: using illegals from Mexico as the main example, flying the flag from that country during the illegal immigrant 'rights' marches in 2006 was a massive PR blunder--------to put it mildly.

The giant has awakened; and not even Bush 43 can stop us.........we will prevail in taking our land back.

The one thing that concerns me is innocent Mestizo looking people of any ethnicity getting hurt.

Old 12-09-2007, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Like many Americans; both Anglo and Hispanic, we as a group are praying that the housing market continues to decline in value-------it went up way too fast.

Possibly the biggest problem is that once a person breaks a significant law: i.e. being here illegally to being with; said individuals tend to have less respect for other laws.

As has been posted in the past: using illegals from Mexico as the main example, flying the flag from that country during the illegal immigrant 'rights' marches in 2006 was a massive PR blunder--------to put it mildly.

The giant has awakened; and not even Bush 43 can stop us.........we will prevail in taking our land back.

The one thing that concerns me is innocent Mestizo looking people of any ethnicity getting hurt.

One way for them to take over is to mass produce while in this country illegally.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:44 AM

21,148 posts, read 36,673,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena View Post
One way for them to take over is to mass produce while in this country illegally.
Actually; that is not a significant cause of the growing 'Hispanic' population, the birthrate amongst them is barely above 2.1 children per woman which is replacement level. I am seeing more and more younger Latino couples with but on or two children compared to, say even 10 years ago.

The problem is the endless flood from across the border-------which our useless government does nothing about.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Actually; that is not a significant cause of the growing 'Hispanic' population, the birthrate amongst them is barely above 2.1 children per woman which is replacement level. I am seeing more and more younger Latino couples with but on or two children compared to, say even 10 years ago.

The problem is the endless flood from across the border-------which our useless government does nothing about.
I have to agree they are usless.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:38 PM

635 posts, read 1,562,043 times
I'm going to be truthfully honest. This law could have very harmful consequences to the state of Arizona. Janet Napolitano's legacy will be based on this law. Look at Oklahoma, they can't get 'em good old white boys to pick food and do construction. Sure, they can pay Americans more. But, this means people paying much more for their homes and produce. There could be a huge job recession, and you can't tell me college kids and moms are going to strap it on. The Unemployment rate is already low in Arizona, do you honestly believe the current decmeber 2007 4.7% unemployment labor is going to fill the 12% of illegal immigrant labor force. Arizona didn't do the math, this seems like a huge blunder by the state. The tourism in this state could very well plummet.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:56 PM

28,006 posts, read 37,999,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I'm going to be truthfully honest. This law could have very harmful consequences to the state of Arizona. Janet Napolitano's legacy will be based on this law. Look at Oklahoma, they can't get 'em good old white boys to pick food and do construction. Sure, they can pay Americans more. But, this means people paying much more for their homes and produce. There could be a huge job recession, and you can't tell me college kids and moms are going to strap it on. The Unemployment rate is already low in Arizona, do you honestly believe the current decmeber 2007 4.7% unemployment labor is going to fill the 12% of illegal immigrant labor force. Arizona didn't do the math, this seems like a huge blunder by the state. The tourism in this state could very well plummet.
There are many people, here and around the country who would do these jobs. An example:

When I was in college I worked framing houses in Tucson in the summer. Probably 80% of the guys on our crews were White or Black. Some were career guys who had been doing carpentry for many years. Others, like me, had experience as high school kids in the small towns we came from. We made nearly as much 30 years ago as crews of illegals framers do today not even factoring inflation in. We also paid taxes, social security Our employer subsidized health benefits and payed unemployment and workman's comp. And it didn't put the prices off the charts like the immigrant lobby would have us believe. I could have afforded the homes I built on my wages had I wanted one.

I agree that there is a need for immigrant labor, but it must be legal first and foremost - not cheap and easy to exploit. I think you will be amazed at how many Americans have been displaced from meaningful jobs and driven to the welfare rolls by illegal labor.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:57 PM

25,107 posts, read 34,414,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
This law could have very harmful consequences to the state of Arizona. .
Let me as honest with you:

This law WILL NOT BE HARMFUL TO THE STATE OF ARIZONA. Just the opposite - It will be benifical

And, as for you "blaming" the Governor, perhaps you need to see who was proposing this legislation - and who argued against it.

Does it at all matter that the PEOPLE OF THE STATE WANTED THIS LAW?

Old 12-10-2007, 01:08 PM

635 posts, read 1,562,043 times
Obviously no one wanted to take on my stats of the 4.7% unemployment rate in regards to filling the 12% illegal alien labor force. Ponderosa I believe there some Americans who will do these jobs, but not enough to fill the surplus. I think anti-immigration activists are in a pipe dream. Please notice the huge decrease of illegals in Oklahoma, and its effect on their economy, they are all over the web.

Old 12-10-2007, 01:12 PM

28,006 posts, read 37,999,435 times
The OCT 07 Arizona unemployment rate was 3.5% according the state DES statistics. Maricopa County is always lower so I guess the problem will be even worse in your estimation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or