U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 09:13 AM

3,162 posts, read 10,295,946 times

Advertisements

I have to say that Increased and enhanced law enforcement, sounds like the most effective take to me, more than the fence because imho it would just be a waste of money, but maybe both solutions could synergize each other, what do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Yes. AND it IS being built - quite actively actually

I have seen the fence

Have you?
Nope, but I live too far from the border, I've been in the border though but I always cross on the authorized places so I've never gotten near the barrier hehe.

I asked you that because some people mentioned in the forum that the fence isn't being built but is good to know that there is some progress

I have to say that the idea of increased and enchanced law enforcement sounds like the best idea to me, imho the fence alone would just be a huge waste of money, but maybe together they can synergize each other, what do you think?

Now tell me, if these laws are enforced more effectively and the fence is built would you feel safer? more in peace?

Old 12-08-2007, 09:19 AM

25,107 posts, read 34,361,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I have to say that Increased and enhanced law enforcement, sounds like the most effective take to me, more than the fence because imho it would just be a waste of money, but maybe both solutions could synergize each other, what do you think?
The Fence is BECOMING a reality - keep that in mind. It is not theoretical - it is being built - and will be continued until it is completed

Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Yes. AND it IS being built - quite actively actually

I have seen the fence

Have you?
Quote:
The Fence is BECOMING a reality - keep that in mind. It is not theoretical - it is being built - and will be continued until it is completed
ok, but remember let's keep it positive, don't get angry

peace to you

Old 12-08-2007, 09:21 AM

8,323 posts, read 13,145,091 times
Quote:
Well, I do think that a solid wall (not fence) is necessary to make a halt to all new illegal immigrants. Then, with increased and enhanced laws that are actually enforced - we can weed out the ones currently here.

Then, when things are under control - I think that the United States and Mexico need to come to an agreement concerning the effects of tearing down said wall. If the Mexican government does not wish to look down on people going to the US illegally, then the wall will stay up.

All this time, people are still free to apply for citizenship the legal way.

Oh, and in addendum to my previous post, I'd like to add that there should no longer be the "press 1 for english" or dual-printed signs/ads/consumer information. English should become the Official Language of America.

Old 12-08-2007, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Now tell me, if these laws are enforced more effectively and the fence is built would you feel safer? more in peace?
Peace? LOLOLOLOLOL

Reducing the burden on our society will bring me peace

Allowing kids to go to school and be able to learn effectively will bring me peace

Reducing the financial burdens on the taxpayers (AZ alone over 1Billion dollars) will bring me peace

Reducing the importation of harmful drugs will bring me peace

And so on

Old 12-08-2007, 09:23 AM

Quote:
ok, but remember let's keep it positive, don't get angry
My post was positive - I noted the fence IS BEING BUILT

Very positive

Old 12-08-2007, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
Well, I do think that a solid wall (not fence) is necessary to make a halt to all new illegal immigrants. Then, with increased and enhanced laws that are actually enforced - we can weed out the ones currently here.

Then, when things are under control - I think that the United States and Mexico need to come to an agreement concerning the effects of tearing down said wall. If the Mexican government does not wish to look down on people going to the US illegally, then the wall will stay up.

All this time, people are still free to apply for citizenship the legal way.

Oh, and in addendum to my previous post, I'd like to add that there should no longer be the "press 1 for english" or dual-printed signs/ads/consumer information. English should become the Official Language of America.
Ok, if the fence and more effective law enforcement will bring peace and harmony so be it

The Mexican government is maturing, so we can expect to see more positive attitudes in the future.

The country is getting better also, so people should start to try and make an effort, nothing comes for free we all know that

Maybe when things get more balanced we could reach some agreement, it is too bad that we depend on governments huh? because citizen to citizen dialogue could be much more effective, we are the ones who feel the effects of these things actually, not the politicians LOL

Old 12-08-2007, 10:01 AM

11,878 posts, read 32,921,320 times
Quote:
because citizen to citizen dialogue could be much more effective, we are the ones who feel the effects of these things actually, not the politicians LOL
I COULD NOT agree with you more Tf. You are a great asset to this forum. I hope you are around for a very long time, on CD and in real life itself.

Old 12-08-2007, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Peace? LOLOLOLOLOL

Reducing the burden on our society will bring me peace

Allowing kids to go to school and be able to learn effectively will bring me peace

Reducing the financial burdens on the taxpayers (AZ alone over 1Billion dollars) will bring me peace

Reducing the importation of harmful drugs will bring me peace

And so on
Then by all means, do what is in your hands to do it, but do it with a good intention so everything gets as you wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or