U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 11:58 AM

3,712 posts, read 5,713,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I agree txcollegeboy; I am sick of it too. But those mostly responsible for allowing this invasion are on this side of the border. I hope you have a great day.
Those mostly responsible for the invasion are on the other side of the border. The corrupt, dissolute Mexican government likes nothing more than being able to export their poor and uneducated to the US. That way they do not have to deal with them. We serve as a safety valve so the Mexican oligarchy can continue to run the country as their own private bank account. Remittances from the US are also either their largest or second largest source of gov. income. This is a great deal for them. Remember the comic book style guide telling illegal immigrants the best ways to cross the border illegally? And why do you think we have 45 Mexican embassies in the US? Canada has 13. Why is this 'mostly' the fault of the US? If this is 'mostly' our fault, who does the rest of the blame go to, Synopsis?

Last edited by andreabeth; 12-08-2007 at 01:05 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 12:13 PM

2,432 posts, read 6,006,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
I have to say that Increased and enhanced law enforcement, sounds like the most effective take to me, more than the fence because imho it would just be a waste of money, but maybe both solutions could synergize each other, what do you think?
Any one or single approach will fail. We need a comprehensive approach.

We need a fence, the military on the border, Arizona type laws that are very harsh, contact deportation, asset seizure, and lots of low cost tent city jails, and extremely harsh sentencing for anyone caught taking or smuggling illegals across the border.

Old 12-08-2007, 02:10 PM

3,162 posts, read 10,300,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post

We need a fence, the military on the border, Arizona type laws that are very harsh, contact deportation, asset seizure, and lots of low cost tent city jails, and extremely harsh sentencing for anyone caught taking or smuggling illegals across the border.
Let the divine love of God inspire us to solve something as difficult as this!!! lets work together

Forever your brother

Old 12-08-2007, 02:15 PM

1,393 posts, read 2,491,461 times
I think God can stay out of this one and we can handle it. God by the way of the Catholic church (and others) is part of the problem.

Old 12-08-2007, 04:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
I think God can stay out of this one and we can handle it. God by the way of the Catholic church (and others) is part of the problem.
Churches are not God, he is omnipresent, and your body is a temple.

God is love, he is Wisdom too.

ok So returning to where we were.

The main problem behind illegal immigration is greed huh?

1 Some migrants arrive because of true necessity but others do so for greed
2 the government and coorporations tolerates this and promotes it because of greed
3 the mexican government is benefited by these influx of money so it's being greedy too
4 greedy criminals who smuggle people are part of this chain of command as well.

If something would be done to stop the phenomenon, something must be done, a very comprehensive strategy must be deployed and it would require all of our energy and concentration, what do we know of the phenomenon? BSB?

What could be it weak spot?
What are it's strenghts
Who are the soldiers of each side, and what is their strategy.

The more we know about how this phenomenon work, the more we could come with an effective way to counter it.

And like some posters mentioned maybe in a future the situation could be different but right now things are so out of control and some order would need to be put first.

it is for the best countries sake, because it's just generating too much negative energy, instead of having harmony and peace.

From the illegal immigration side we have the following soldiers.

Coorporations, with their network of contacts who protect illegals and their army of spanish speaking helpers who fill the forms for them.
Government with the programs enacted to cover and promote illegal immigration while appearing to do something else
Smugglers and corrupt border patrol, they make easier for people to break in
The Mexican government with it's network of consulates.
Catholic church with it's ever quest for power and influence and their network of churches

In the other side we have citizens

how could we counter the phenomenon?

some people already said with a fence, ok the fence could counter the immigrants who just break in, but smugglers would get more sophisticated.

some people mentioned reducing the benefits and having a stricter control, that would be effective, but there are very powerful interests that would be defending the way the things are now.

anyone else has an idea?

what could be done within Mexico?
what could be done within America?

it's a tough call huh? but it's better to have faith.

Let's see also the consequences this phenomenon is having.

Growing animosity between countries
Harder and more restrictive Legal immigration
A lot of people is feeling bad and frustrated
A lot of people is also falling totally prey of greed
Total lack of law and order.

And very important!!! This problem is distracting the attention so the presidential candidate that will be elected in your country might not be the wisest, but the one who is able to convince people, this could have nasty consequences and make things worse.

Ok let's continue with this if we already started, any more ideas?

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-08-2007 at 05:11 PM..

Old 12-09-2007, 06:19 PM

902 posts, read 506,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post

Yep and the invaders need to be deported and have all of their assets taken and auctioned off to pay for the cost they have cost this country. And don't tell me we can't deport the illegals because that is hogwash. It was done twice before and this time it could be done and for a lot less than people realize.

Old 12-11-2007, 01:46 PM

1,861 posts, read 2,968,976 times
These are positive things to do for us, the American citizens:

1. round up and deport all illegals one by one, week by week, month by month, year by year
2. stop companies from hiring them, with big fines, and jail sentences
3. stop all benefits to illegals - schools, hospitals, welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc. etc.

If you think there is something positive to be done with some sort of "compromise", I don't think the American people will go for it. We are at the point where we are sick and tired of the situation, and if the representatives (so-called) don't do something, there's going to be riots in the streets eventually.

Old 12-11-2007, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinsal View Post
These are positive things to do for us, the American citizens:

1. round up and deport all illegals one by one, week by week, month by month, year by year
2. stop companies from hiring them, with big fines, and jail sentences
3. stop all benefits to illegals - schools, hospitals, welfare, WIC, food stamps, etc. etc.

If you think there is something positive to be done with some sort of "compromise", I don't think the American people will go for it. We are at the point where we are sick and tired of the situation, and if the representatives (so-called) don't do something, there's going to be riots in the streets eventually.
Then what are you waiting for to lift the energy?? for all sakes do it!!!

The entire world needs a high energy America, because it's has given to much to the world to remain in this state.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:00 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,936,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
Churches are not God, he is omnipresent, and your body is a temple.

God is love, he is Wisdom too.

ok So returning to where we were.

The main problem behind illegal immigration is greed huh?

1 Some migrants arrive because of true necessity but others do so for greed
2 the government and coorporations tolerates this and promotes it because of greed
3 the mexican government is benefited by these influx of money so it's being greedy too
4 greedy criminals who smuggle people are part of this chain of command as well.

If something would be done to stop the phenomenon, something must be done, a very comprehensive strategy must be deployed and it would require all of our energy and concentration, what do we know of the phenomenon? BSB?

What could be it weak spot?
What are it's strenghts
Who are the soldiers of each side, and what is their strategy.

The more we know about how this phenomenon work, the more we could come with an effective way to counter it.

And like some posters mentioned maybe in a future the situation could be different but right now things are so out of control and some order would need to be put first.

it is for the best countries sake, because it's just generating too much negative energy, instead of having harmony and peace.

From the illegal immigration side we have the following soldiers.

Coorporations, with their network of contacts who protect illegals and their army of spanish speaking helpers who fill the forms for them.
Government with the programs enacted to cover and promote illegal immigration while appearing to do something else
Smugglers and corrupt border patrol, they make easier for people to break in
The Mexican government with it's network of consulates.
Catholic church with it's ever quest for power and influence and their network of churches

In the other side we have citizens

how could we counter the phenomenon?

some people already said with a fence, ok the fence could counter the immigrants who just break in, but smugglers would get more sophisticated.

some people mentioned reducing the benefits and having a stricter control, that would be effective, but there are very powerful interests that would be defending the way the things are now.

anyone else has an idea?

what could be done within Mexico?
what could be done within America?

it's a tough call huh? but it's better to have faith.

Let's see also the consequences this phenomenon is having.

Growing animosity between countries
Harder and more restrictive Legal immigration
A lot of people is feeling bad and frustrated
A lot of people is also falling totally prey of greed
Total lack of law and order.

And very important!!! This problem is distracting the attention so the presidential candidate that will be elected in your country might not be the wisest, but the one who is able to convince people, this could have nasty consequences and make things worse.

Ok let's continue with this if we already started, any more ideas?
Tf, I wish you were an elected official in this country. You have a positive attitude and are indeed a man of the world.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
Peace? LOLOLOLOLOL

Reducing the burden on our society will bring me peace

Allowing kids to go to school and be able to learn effectively will bring me peace

Reducing the financial burdens on the taxpayers (AZ alone over 1Billion dollars) will bring me peace

Reducing the importation of harmful drugs will bring me peace

And so on
All four of these would bring much peace.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or