U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-20-2014, 07:55 AM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,610,897 times
Reputation: 22283

Advertisements

Large increase of young children coming over the border -- their parents want in on DACA -- smuggle in their young kids so they can demand citizenship and of course children bring in all kinds of food stamps, bigger housing vouchers.

If only these horrid parents had been deported - this could have been prevented. Notice the child's own mother wouldn't even bother to go to identify her. The child was of no more use to her. The love of money is the root of all evil.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/ny...=nyregion&_r=1

“I said to her, ‘Why take her away? She’s studying here, she’s doing well,’ ” Ms. Guamán said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-20-2014, 09:02 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,998,929 times
Reputation: 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Large increase of young children coming over the border -- their parents want in on DACA -- smuggle in their young kids so they can demand citizenship and of course children bring in all kinds of food stamps, bigger housing vouchers.

If only these horrid parents had been deported - this could have been prevented. Notice the child's own mother wouldn't even bother to go to identify her. The child was of no more use to her. The love of money is the root of all evil.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/04/20/ny...=nyregion&_r=1

“I said to her, ‘Why take her away? She’s studying here, she’s doing well,’ ” Ms. Guamán said.
Like you said before: what IS it about Hispanic countries that people risk it all to come from deep in LatAm to try to get to the US? Ecuador is a hell of a lot closer to Argentina and Chile than to the US. Tho maybe because those 2 Lat Am countries don't like little brown skin Indians. I hate to use the "race card" but word is even most Hispanic people think their darker skin brothers and sisters are low class dirt.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 11:06 AM
 
32,403 posts, read 16,605,334 times
Reputation: 17433
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Large increase of young children coming over the border -- their parents want in on DACA -- smuggle in their young kids so they can demand citizenship...
A 12-year-old can't "demand citizenship". Where do people get those notions?

Quote:
Notice the child's own mother wouldn't even bother to go to identify her. The child was of no more use to her.
Yeah, why didn't she just hop on an airplane to Mexico? Sheesh. How about a little empathy, here?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 11:09 AM
 
20,611 posts, read 12,998,929 times
Reputation: 5905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A 12-year-old can't "demand citizenship". Where do people get those notions?

Yeah, why didn't she just hop on an airplane to Mexico? Sheesh. How about a little empathy, here?
Uh; I have NO empathy for that "mother". The 1 I do feel bad for is her 12 year old daughter who died because of her mother being selfish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 12:12 PM
 
13,010 posts, read 6,222,149 times
Reputation: 10826
The mother needs to be arrested for trafficking a minor. After she does her jail sentence, she needs to be deported back to Ecuador. She wouldn't even go to Mexico to identify her own daughter because doing so would mean that the game would be up as far as her life as an illegal alien in the US goes. It's sad what this poor child was put through.

Apparently each of the grandparents' kids thought nothing of leaving their kids to be raised by the grandparents. Talk about bad parenting.

Obama needs to take the blame for the recent uptick in trafficking minors. When he dictated amnesty (of sorts) and work permits for "young illegals", it only gave illegal aliens an incentive to smuggle their kids into this country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 01:48 PM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,610,897 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
A 12-year-old can't "demand citizenship". Where do people get those notions?

Yeah, why didn't she just hop on an airplane to Mexico? Sheesh. How about a little empathy, here?
The mother of this girl is who should have had a little empathy -- the mother got her killed, the mother wouldn't even bother to identify her.

And the reason the number of minors being trafficked over the border is because of DACA, the fact that now the illegals believe if they get their children smuggled in, then all will be fine, they're all going to profit very nicely by it.

The girl was doing just fine back home where she belonged, if you had any real empathy, you'd want all this crap stopped so more children don't have to go through hell because of the greed of their parents. This whole situation is the result of the lack of enforcement -- that mother should have been deported years ago. Then none of this hell would have took place for the little girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 01:54 PM
 
47,573 posts, read 60,610,897 times
Reputation: 22283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Like you said before: what IS it about Hispanic countries that people risk it all to come from deep in LatAm to try to get to the US? Ecuador is a hell of a lot closer to Argentina and Chile than to the US. Tho maybe because those 2 Lat Am countries don't like little brown skin Indians. I hate to use the "race card" but word is even most Hispanic people think their darker skin brothers and sisters are low class dirt.
Exactly -- how many Spanish speaking nations do some of these people pass through in order to get to the Promised Land -- an English speaking nation? Yet they get here and the first thing they want is for this to become another Spanish speaking nation.

And why don't hispanics (and others) decided to actually make some effort to improve their countries? They think the only solution can be to have the USA take them all in and provide a great standard of living for them all --- it's not practical at all, and if all they ever do is flee their nations, nothing improves, nothing changes. They'd rather have their children be put through all kinds of trauma and risk their lives than to work for reforms back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 09:40 PM
 
32,403 posts, read 16,605,334 times
Reputation: 17433
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And the reason the number of minors being trafficked over the border is because of DACA, the fact that now the illegals believe if they get their children smuggled in, then all will be fine, they're all going to profit very nicely by it.
DACA is only open to people who have been in the US since 2007. And you mentioned citizenship, didn't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 10:13 PM
 
13,010 posts, read 6,222,149 times
Reputation: 10826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
DACA is only open to people who have been in the US since 2007. And you mentioned citizenship, didn't you?
That's true. However, your average illegal alien probably doesn't know this. However, they do know that the amnesty in 1986 was not a one time thing, as was promised to Americans. Instead, there have been several stealth amnesties since then. So, illegal aliens quickly learn that all they have to do is get here and not get caught and soon there will be yet another amnesty---unless our politicians grow some spines and put a stop to all this nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-20-2014, 11:24 PM
 
26,160 posts, read 15,349,598 times
Reputation: 17235
Angry  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan
Uh; I have NO empathy for that "mother". The 1 I do feel bad for is her 12 year old daughter who died because of her mother being selfish.
I think the mother should be held accountable!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top