U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-11-2007, 05:02 PM

11,878 posts, read 32,924,989 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Americans are gong to Mexico for plastic surgery
I could use some of that. Since you know Mexico Pro, please direct me to a good hospital with LOTS of plastic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2007, 08:11 PM

376 posts, read 612,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nativeDallasite View Post
Incidentally, it's illegal for a US citizen to set foot in Cuba without the US government's permission.
I think you need permission only if you were to fly to Cuba directly from the U.S. Most Americans go to Cuba via a third party country like, e.g. Mexico, Panama and The Dominican Republic.

Old 12-11-2007, 08:31 PM

376 posts, read 612,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Americans are gong to Mexico for plastic surgery
There are also those that go to Mexico, Cuba, and India for cheaper medicine or medication. And there those that also go there for assorted surgery and therapeutic reasons.

Old 12-11-2007, 10:16 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,158,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
I could use some of that. Since you know Mexico Pro, please direct me to a good hospital with LOTS of plastic..
My aunt got some done.. I think she regretted it. I believe they did a good job but she said the pain was unbearable.

Old 12-12-2007, 09:00 AM

3,589 posts, read 2,974,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swordfish View Post
I think you need permission only if you were to fly to Cuba directly from the U.S. Most Americans go to Cuba via a third party country like, e.g. Mexico, Panama and The Dominican Republic.
http://www.ibike.org/cuba/ofac/010805-nyt.htm

Quote:
Currently, in order to go down legally if you are a US citizen you need a Treasury license, which you obtain from OFAC, Treasury's Office of Foreign Assets Control. If you are Cuban-American or married to one, you can go down once every 3 years under a "general license" for humanitarian reasons (grave illness in the family, etc) and you only need to notify them via a form, but you do not need to get a license from them before leaving. If you are a "U.S. and foreign government official traveling on official business, including a representative of international organizations of which the U.S. is a member; or a journalist regularly employed by a news reporting organization," you also qualify for this "general license." Otherwise you need to get a license from OFAC to avoid being at risk for large fines ($3,000 to $10,000 typically!).

Old 12-13-2007, 02:54 PM

47,576 posts, read 58,711,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when i lived in lost angeles, i had heard about people who went to cty hospital and claimed to be illegal to get free healthcare. in fact, i had even read that some of the cty hospital's case load were foreigners who would fly in and take advantage of the "free" services that lost angeles cty hospital (usc) had to offer.
I would have to agree -- why not? I haven't done it yet but maybe I will.

If a hospital will treat one group so completely differently -- that's pure racism. Illegals aren't even being sent their hospital and doctor bills, they aren't expected to pay.

And if it's fine for one group to use stolen identification documents -- then it should be fine for all. Illegals are never prosecuted for the crime of felony document fraud but they certainly should be if it's a crime when Americans do it.

Old 12-13-2007, 08:45 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
when i lived in lost angeles, i had heard about people who went to cty hospital and claimed to be illegal to get free healthcare. in fact, i had even read that some of the cty hospital's case load were foreigners who would fly in and take advantage of the "free" services that lost angeles cty hospital (usc) had to offer.
Lost Angeles is a fitting name. Everything bad goes on here in L.A. and this hospital is a place where if you go there once you are glad to walk out alive and never want to go back. It's a teaching hospital where very sick people are not being diagnosed and/or treated properly, and you are lucky to get proper care, but they may be best with trauma since you see many bloody patients and police there, a lot of screaming, there is a police station right inside the doors. Many more ugly details of medical care system in L.A.

All this is coming to your city or state in the future, depending on how this illegal immigration fight goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or