Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2007, 04:09 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,596,323 times

Advertisements

MEXICO CITY — President Felipe Calderon on Friday told Mexican consuls to the U.S. and Canada that they must work to "neutralize" anti-immigrant attitudes north of the border.

Calderon's instructions came two days after he accused U.S. presidential candidates of "swaggering, macho and anti-Mexican" posturing. He also warned the U.S. Congress not to impose conditions on a $1.4 billion anti-drug aid package.

On Friday, the Mexican leader asked his diplomatic representatives in the U.S. to participate in the public debate on immigration by appearing at public events, talking more to the media and working with nonprofit groups to promote Mexican immigrants' role in supporting the U.S. economy.

Mexico asks consuls to 'neutralize' attitudes: Rutland Herald Online
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2007, 05:29 PM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post

He also warned the U.S. Congress not to impose conditions on a $1.4 billion anti-drug aid package.
What does he mean not to impose conditions??? That's the whole purpose of the aid. Otherwise the money will end up in the pockets of corrupt politicians.

As far as any anti-immigrant attitudes go, I've never really heard any. I've heard a lot of anti-illegal alien attitude. But that's not the same thing. Either way the internal politics of the United States is none of Mexico's business and if calderon wants the consuls to neutralize maybe it's time to close down some of those consulates.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:41 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
What a Big Ole Crock of Ca Ca, John!

Quote:
"Calderon warned Congress not to impose restrictions . . . "
That BLATANT IDIOT has more arrogance than O. J. Simpson and all of the ILLEGALS combined!

Old 12-09-2007, 05:54 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,113,750 times
Quote:
warned the U.S. Congress not to impose conditions on a $1.4 billion anti-drug aid package.

I don"t particularily care for anyone that WARNS the United States Congress.......

Old 12-09-2007, 06:23 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I don"t particularily care for anyone that WARNS the United States Congress.......
You know........neither do I. No wonder Calderon and El Presidente Jorge Arbusto are pals. They have alot in common- both are utter cretins.

Calderon is also planning a visit to LA, Chicago and New York in Feb. Let him come. This is what we need to wake America up. This sort of in-your-face pushiness from Calderon will #### a lot of people off.

So I welcome him and his arrogant attitude of entitlement. I hope he's loud and aggressive in his quest to sway Americans' opinions of illegal immigrants. It will work, I'm sure. But not the way he wants.

Old 12-09-2007, 06:59 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
I suspect that Calderon's rhetoric is for Mexican domestic consumption; that stated, he needs to watch his step NOB.

Old 12-09-2007, 07:12 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,701,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I agree, dynimagelv

Especially the President of one of the most corrupt governments in the world . . . MEGA-ARROGANCE!

Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 PM

186 posts, read 335,451 times
If this isn't an invasion, than I don't know what is.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:16 AM

11,431 posts, read 19,000,893 times
Quote:
MEXICO CITY — President Felipe Calderon on Friday told Mexican consuls to the U.S. and Canada that they must work to "neutralize" anti-immigrant attitudes north of the border.

Calderon's instructions came two days after he accused U.S. presidential candidates of "swaggering, macho and anti-Mexican" posturing. He also warned the U.S. Congress not to impose conditions on a $1.4 billion anti-drug aid package.

On Friday, the Mexican leader asked his diplomatic representatives in the U.S. to participate in the public debate on immigration by appearing at public events, talking more to the media and working with nonprofit groups to promote Mexican immigrants' role in supporting the U.S. economy.

Mexico asks consuls to 'neutralize' attitudes: Rutland Herald Online
here's another example of government wasting taxpayer dollars! $1.4B to supposedly fund a drug war. can we REALLY trust the Mexican gov't to spend the $$ on that? These countries will NEVER end the war on drugs just like they will never win a war on poverty (tried it before). The waste and arrogance of these countries makes me sick.

Old 12-10-2007, 12:41 AM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,860 times
Calderon's been doing good in Mexico so far, let's see what happens with his attitude NOB.

I doubt he is unwise to lack an strategy, let's see, the news in spanish say more things and they are different, I'm kinda busy now but I'll translate them later

Last edited by Travelling fella; 12-10-2007 at 12:49 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration