U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 09:41 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunky39 View Post
we got a big hole in the border where 80% of all USA illegal entry occurs (12 miles from my house) San Ysidro. you got to deal with the b4 anything. deportation is a meaningless term otherwise.
Oh it's San Ysidro, I used to live near there decades before the invasion.
If we can get a President that understands and cares what we are going through, he'll get the job done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 05:14 AM

1,252 posts, read 726,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Alanboy's view is representative of most all Americans now! He/we do not hate illegals as people, we do hate what they do/the deplorable effects their presence has on our finanical/medical/safety/social/eductation in our lives, it gets worse and worse. Don't play the hate/race card!
Hating an area code 'is' relevant to the 'hate/race' card?

That's a new one on me, I've heard people say the 'race card', usually when they don't wish to address the subject at hand, someone will say 'race card', ....like that explains everything substantive that went on before.

But I guess I need to play more card games, I hadn't heard of the 'hate/race' card.

Is that the same game? .....or does that just pertain to area code hate?

Old 12-14-2007, 05:31 AM

23,004 posts, read 31,957,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post

That's a new one on me, I've heard people say the 'race card', usually when they don't wish to address the subject at hand, someone will say 'race card', ....like that explains everything substantive that went on before.

But I guess I need to play more card games, I hadn't heard of the 'hate/race' card.

will you get off of my banner, already?!
Maybe you dont understand our feelings towards illegal immigration because you are blessed enough to live somewhere where it aint a problem.

Old 12-14-2007, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Maybe you dont understand our feelings towards illegal immigration because you are blessed enough to live somewhere where it aint a problem.
I don't believe I was addressing you.

Maybe I 'understand' your feelings all too well....

As to whether I live somewhere 'it aint a problem', ?

What is 'it'?

When I have a problem, I address it in a manner which I expect will produce results I'm interested in.

I recognize what won't produce the proper result.

Not everyone has learned that.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:06 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,875,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post

Sorry, I was not referring to any area code, I was agreeing with Alanboy's statement and disagreeing with someone who sounded racist.

Old 12-15-2007, 09:24 PM

9,308 posts, read 25,663,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Amen, Alanboy . . . either that or possibly profiting financially from the Illegal fiasco. ! ! ! !

Old 12-16-2007, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Sorry, I was not referring to any area code, I was agreeing with Alanboy's statement and disagreeing with someone who sounded racist.
Well then, ....you must have meant to quote someone other than my words.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:41 PM

10 posts, read 15,070 times
Jesusislove obviously has missed the case for tribes and borders and law in the Bible. Would that love of diversity also include the chaining of a woman to an engine block for several days as his chick wanted no part of this scumbag seven time deportee from Mexico or clitrial mutilation as practiced by the Somali immigrants or perhaps polygamy as practiced by various African tribes in places like NYC.What about human poaching as practiced by a member of the HMONG tribe at the Wisconsin border a few years back killing American hunters.Maybe this is too boring...what about ATTA..did he not achieve his dream?

Old 12-18-2007, 12:50 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Side note here:

With the widening political gap between Blacks and Latinos; it may become an either/or situation for the Presidential candidates.........each group is about 13% of the US population------who wins the toss?

Pick the Latino community and the Black folk may vote for the opposing party-------vice versa if the latter group is catered too pissing off the Hispanics.
The gop is never going to win the black vote no matter what. The dems don't have to worry about that.

Old 12-18-2007, 01:01 PM

4,828 posts, read 6,791,262 times
Default please

Can someone show me a national poll showing illegal immigration as the number 1 issue?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration