U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:42 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Reputation: 1285

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
There was no propaganda in that video, just like the anchor said, just the facts. All politics aside. If you don't find a UC economics professor a valid source of information I don't know what is. Yet when people post articles off of immigrationwatchdog.com they are valid? LOL!
Dude, your video says that there is virtually NO net positive economic effect from illegal immigration- so why keep them here? So all this talk about how the US economy will collapse if they leave, they are what makes this country run like a well- greased machine, etc., etc. is nothing but nonsense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:43 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,877,866 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Yes, they're very vital...to burdening our social services, crowding our schools, and to the business interests who don't want to pay a legal wage...I also love the feeling that you're visiting a third world country when you drive through parts of So Cal!...That's not even including the excitement of having an increased gang presence or the possibility of stumbling onto a p** farm while hiking in our local mountains courtesy of the increased drug-cartel activity!...I love it so much that I can't wait to get the blazes out of here!


I agree with you word for word including your last sentence! I live in L.A.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:45 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,014,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozark-Baby View Post
Not elementary at all. Put a bounty for illegals caught and held and they have to be alive and no beatings or anything. There are tons that know where illegals live and work.
This is an excellent approach. Deputize thousands of citizens who are federally authorized to do no knock raids on suspected illegals. Then take them into custudy, seize their assets, and deport them. The citizens deputized who make the arrest should get to keep half the assets seized.

It's always important to remember, we have been invaded by a foreign army. More people die each year at the hands of illegal aliens than we lose in Iraq. Once we deport the illegals, American will be much safer and much better better off financially.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,169,602 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
This is an excellent approach. Deputize thousands of citizens who are federally authorized to do no knock raids on suspected illegals. Then take them into custudy, seize their assets, and deport them. The citizens deputized who make the arrest should get to keep half the assets seized.

It's always important to remember, we have been invaded by a foreign army. More people die each year at the hands of illegal aliens than we lose in Iraq. Once we deport the illegals, American will be much safer and much better better off financially.

So far, the only ones calling it a war are the ones being directly affected by illegal immigration. And the ones being directly affected are the ones competing for their jobs with illegals. Its really about jobs isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:47 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,877,866 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choctaw2 View Post
Is there a link to this story? Sorry, I'm not really understanding what you're saying.
Story on Huckabee's interview might be on Fox News. Huckabee sounded pro illegal with every word. It was surprising to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
 
3,712 posts, read 5,720,122 times
Reputation: 1285
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
So far, the only ones calling it a war are the ones being directly affected by illegal immigration. And the ones being directly affected are the ones competing for their jobs with illegals. Its really about jobs isn't it?
Trust me, I am not competing with an illegal alien for a job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:49 PM
 
1,156 posts, read 1,877,866 times
Reputation: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue pekoe View Post
Anyone who chooses to believe that the only reason most Americans are fed up with illegal immigration is due to racism does not understand the complexity and magnitude of the problem and probably doesn't want to...It's much easier to assume a phony posture of moral superiority.

But, isn't it itself racist to assume someone's ethnic identity just because they are opposed to illegal immigration, then to assume that this person is a racist?...
The truth and well said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:53 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,169,602 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by faith10 View Post
Story on Huckabee's interview might be on Fox News. Huckabee sounded pro illegal with every word. It was surprising to me.
Are you calling him a racist and a bigot?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:54 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,169,602 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Trust me, I am not competing with an illegal alien for a job.

Most anti-illegals make it seem like thats their only argument. That thats the only reason they want them gone. This is all stated in the video that I posted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 09:55 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,014,255 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
So far, the only ones calling it a war are the ones being directly affected by illegal immigration. And the ones being directly affected are the ones competing for their jobs with illegals. Its really about jobs isn't it?

No, I disagree. Illegals destroying the entry level job market is just one part of the equation. It's actually about much, much more. It's about national sovereignty. We have been invaded, people are dying on the streets and in their homes at the hands of illegals.

Additionally, illegals do steal jobs, drive down the wages of entry level jobs, suck billions of dollars out of our economy every year, and they commit a host of other crimes literally picking and choosing which laws they will obey. We have been invaded, and we are at war. The problem is Washington is too negligent and incompetent to stop the war at the border, choosing instead to force our out manned police and sheriff's departments to fight the war in our cities instead of on our border.

If Huckabee supports letting this army of illegals stay here he will lose the primary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top