U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-11-2007, 04:09 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 764,411 times
Reputation: 107

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
In a nutshell: what part of 'illegal' do you not understand?

Us Americans are tired of our country being overrun by those invaders and we will do what it takes to reclaim our land.

Suffice to say: I pray that our so-called 'leaders' wake up--------otherwise, things will get ugly, very ugly.

The only way that I as an individual would be accepting of, say, millions of illegals from Mexico would be to see that country placed under US control--------lock, stock and barrel.
I have no problem understanding when someone says they hate illegals, and I have no problem understanding when someone says illegals are the cause of their 'displeasure'.

As far as your referring to yourself as 'US Americans', I'll take exception to that if you think that excludes someone who may hold some varient of what you express.

You and your view is not representative of all Americans, and I'd expect if you hew to the ideal that our country was founded on, you'd recognize that other Americans may decide an issue that you may have to ultimately respect, ......even if you don't completely agree with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-11-2007, 05:23 PM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,553 posts, read 33,271,692 times
Reputation: 32094
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Simple wasn't it, alan boy

All I asked is what the hate was about, took a bit, but you finally answered.
Maybe you need to pick up the Washington Post today and read about the family that got murdered by an illegal right in front of children. better yet one of our news stations has the story that happened 30 minutes from my front door and i'll give you the link.

MyFox Washington DC | Woodbridge Murder Suspect An Illegal Immigrant (http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5178287&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1 - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 05:24 PM
 
8,973 posts, read 14,905,121 times
Reputation: 2989
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
You and your view is not representative of all Americans, and I'd expect if you hew to the ideal that our country was founded on, you'd recognize that other Americans may decide an issue that you may have to ultimately respect, ......even if you don't completely agree with it.
Perhaps you could explain to all of us exactly what view, or whose, IS representative of all Americans? And exactly what ideals are we to "hew" to? Segregation? Slavery? Child Labor? Outhouses? Dueling? All of these were "ideals" when this nation was founded.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 06:46 PM
 
Location: the best coast
718 posts, read 2,480,464 times
Reputation: 213
huckabee wants to make money off of illegals at the expense of americans!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 11:13 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 764,411 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Maybe you need to pick up the Washington Post today and read about the family that got murdered by an illegal right in front of children. better yet one of our news stations has the story that happened 30 minutes from my front door and i'll give you the link.

MyFox Washington DC | Woodbridge Murder Suspect An Illegal Immigrant (http://www.myfoxdc.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=5178287&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1 - broken link)
Yeah, ? I read your story, ....I still won't post a banner by my name that says I hate a telephone area code.

It's illogical and irrational to assign hate to a telephone area code.

You go ahead, justify it to yourself any way you wish, ....just don't think you'll convince others that it's a constructive effort or one that will gain you any progress with your 'displeasure'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 11:17 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 764,411 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Perhaps you could explain to all of us exactly what view, or whose, IS representative of all Americans? And exactly what ideals are we to "hew" to? Segregation? Slavery? Child Labor? Outhouses? Dueling? All of these were "ideals" when this nation was founded.....
If you hew to the American ideal, you may find yourself assuming a minority position, the greater public may decide that your position is not what get's passed into law, or in any case, your position won't necessarily be held by the majority of your neighbors. When that happens, your duty at that time would be to respect the wishes of the majority, and obey the laws promulgated because of that majority instituting a law you may find personally not to match your hopes.



It's all about the duties that go along with those rights everyone always is quick to talk about. Duties that get short shrift if one is called upon to exercise their duty required of them as citizens.

As to your 'argument', macmeal..........

All of what was an ideal upon which this nation was founded?

Outhouses are an ideal which was part of the founding fathers impetus for forming our government in the manner in which they did?

macmeal, you're reaching..... (no, it's worse than that)..

I suppose you need a link to find the information on what ideals this nation was founded on?

See if you can find outhouses in the list and get back to me.

Last edited by User 2; 12-11-2007 at 11:27 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-11-2007, 11:23 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,135 posts, read 21,815,799 times
Reputation: 23216
I don't think the candidates realize how strongly legal citizens feel about this issue. We need the border secured and law enforced. When the illegals realize the USA means business, they will act accordingly. Until that happens, I feel the entire situation is a joke. Whoever has the "guts" to step up to the plate and say the right thing will probably be the next president.

Securing the border will help get rid of crime and the drug traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 AM
 
1,252 posts, read 764,411 times
Reputation: 107
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Carolina Native View Post
I don't think the candidates realize how strongly legal citizens feel about this issue.
The candidates know just how most Americans feel about this.

Even though there are a few who have strong feelings, the majority of Americans continue to not put much emphasis on immigration.

The latest polls only pull about 10 percent who say immigration is the most important issue. Those numbers pale in comparison to the war, the economy, and healthcare concerns held by a larger majority of voters, those numbers, (all polling well above immigration), far outnumber those who rate immigration as their largest concern.

The candidates actions mirror what they learn in the polls.


The few candidates who pay lip service to immigration are only doing what they think will be enough to try to swing a few of those 10%ers.

As long as immigration is down the list as far as voter concern, don't expect much from the candidates.... and what you do hear, ...I'd not think you can count on what they may promise.

But then again, I've only been paying attention for 50 some years, ....maybe it will be completely different, ......ya think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 04:27 AM
 
Location: Arlington, VA and Washington, DC
23,553 posts, read 33,271,692 times
Reputation: 32094
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
Yeah, ? I read your story, ....I still won't post a banner by my name that says I hate a telephone area code.

It's illogical and irrational to assign hate to a telephone area code.

You go ahead, justify it to yourself any way you wish, ....just don't think you'll convince others that it's a constructive effort or one that will gain you any progress with your 'displeasure'.
OK, now i bet the others can see your persistent attempts to discredit me based on my banner which ain't nothing but six words stating my opinion on a subject which has little to do with immigration. I'm sure the regulars in this forum will still value my input and my experiences currently living in an area where immigration is a really hot issue.

By posting your rants about my banner you have really shown a lack of maturity. Dont you have anything better to do with your life than jaw with a 19 yr old who lives on the other side of the country about six words that are just an expression of himself and personal experiences? Don't you have more to contribute to this forum than that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-12-2007, 05:49 AM
 
Location: Mesa, Az
21,148 posts, read 37,392,309 times
Reputation: 3789
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
The candidates know just how most Americans feel about this.

Even though there are a few who have strong feelings, the majority of Americans continue to not put much emphasis on immigration.

The latest polls only pull about 10 percent who say immigration is the most important issue. Those numbers pale in comparison to the war, the economy, and healthcare concerns held by a larger majority of voters, those numbers, (all polling well above immigration), far outnumber those who rate immigration as their largest concern.

The candidates actions mirror what they learn in the polls.


The few candidates who pay lip service to immigration are only doing what they think will be enough to try to swing a few of those 10%ers.

As long as immigration is down the list as far as voter concern, don't expect much from the candidates.... and what you do hear, ...I'd not think you can count on what they may promise.

But then again, I've only been paying attention for 50 some years, ....maybe it will be completely different, ......ya think?
Prove that, please.

Here in Arizona the anti immigrant feelings are becoming ugly------and, I hope to God that using the Pruitt's protests in Phoenix as an example, that the authorities play hard ball with any illegal caught. Locking 'em up in tent cities patrolled by guards with shoot-to-kill orders would be a start.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:35 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top