Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2007, 06:05 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
simple and very stupid.

want a simple and smart solution? deport all illegals (regardless of criminal record and time spent here), garnish all their assets, build our borders.
NOW THIS IS SIMPLE AND ALSO SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I prompted the people in this thread with a educated response. "want a simple and smart solution? deport all illegals" isn't near educated. You have to answer the who, what, when and where. Garnishing their assets is something the Nazi's did, that would make the U.S Government look like crooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2007, 06:18 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
At least I prompted the people in this thread with a educated response. "want a simple and smart solution? deport all illegals" isn't near educated. You have to answer the who, what, when and where. Garnishing their assets is something the Nazi's did, that would make the U.S Government look like crooks.
Trust me, the US government are crooks anyway, this will be the norm for them. Now the feds can take from people who deserve to have everything taken from them for earning the money to pay for those assets illegally.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:45 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Side note here:

With the widening political gap between Blacks and Latinos; it may become an either/or situation for the Presidential candidates.........each group is about 13% of the US population------who wins the toss?

Pick the Latino community and the Black folk may vote for the opposing party-------vice versa if the latter group is catered too pissing off the Hispanics.

Old 12-10-2007, 06:48 PM

718 posts, read 2,688,601 times
huckabee is a coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-10-2007, 06:50 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
huckabee is a coward!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
His pro illegal stance alone may wind up costing him the Republican nomination.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:16 PM

206 posts, read 410,757 times
At least he showed us his stripes before the primaries...As a general rule, I tend to think that these politicians are practicing some restraint in their pro-illegal sentiments. So, if you hear someone saying he'd let some stay but "enforce the border," or he'd let some stay but impose some really tough fines, it's probably safe to assume he'd let them all stay then invite their family and friends.

That's just a little suspicion of mine.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:17 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,477,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Why should illegal aliens be given amnesty after living in the US for 3 years? There is no fine that could possibly cover the damage they have done to the US and I suspect most of them wouldn't pay a dime anyhow (under some 'hardship' provision). The fine is a joke.
If a banker lives in London for 3 years, he doesn't automatically get British citizenship. If he wants to become a British citizen, I expect he would go to the back of the line behind everybody else. The same would probably apply to a TV producer living in Singapore or a fashion designer living in Italy. Those countries would not say just pay this fine and you are on the road to citizenship- and these are examples of people who are there legally. Why should some illegal get US citizenship simply because they have been in the US for 3 years? Living here ILLEGALY the entire time. Send them home. If we need foreign workers, bring them from other parts of the world. No matter how they behave they cannot possibly be worse than what we have here now.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:29 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Why should illegal aliens be given amnesty after living in the US for 3 years? There is no fine that could possibly cover the damage they have done to the US and I suspect most of them wouldn't pay a dime anyhow (under some 'hardship' provision). The fine is a joke.
If a banker lives in London for 3 years, he doesn't automatically get British citizenship. If he wants to become a British citizen, I expect he would go to the back of the line behind everybody else. The same would probably apply to a TV producer living in Singapore or a fashion designer living in Italy. Those countries would not say just pay this fine and you are on the road to citizenship- and these are examples of people who are there legally. Why should some illegal get US citizenship simply because they have been in the US for 3 years? Living here ILLEGALY the entire time. Send them home. If we need foreign workers, bring them from other parts of the world. No matter how they behave they cannot possibly be worse than what we have here now.
Very well said.

Old 12-10-2007, 07:38 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,951,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Have a better idea to pay for a fence? How the hell are we supposed to track 20 million (estimated) people and then deport them? Do you have any idea how much that costs?

Old 12-10-2007, 07:41 PM

902 posts, read 718,192 times
Put a bounty on their heads and I guarantee that they will be found.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration