U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-10-2007, 08:14 AM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,998 posts, read 46,415,349 times
Reputation: 19403

Advertisements

Federal agents apprehend 448 in 5-state area

Federal agents who track immigrants convicted of crimes and those ordered deported made a record number of arrests in Tennessee and surrounding states during the 2007 reporting period.

During the 12 months that ended in September, a pair of Immigration and Customs Enforcement Fugitive Operations teams arrested 448 people in Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. That's a 65 percent increase over the 271 people arrested in the five states during the same reporting period a year prior.

Arrests of immigrant fugitives set record - Nashville, Tennessee - Monday, 12/10/07 - Tennessean.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-10-2007, 02:13 PM
 
4,834 posts, read 5,446,145 times
Reputation: 2384
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Federal agents apprehend 448 in 5-state area

Federal agents who track immigrants convicted of crimes and those ordered deported made a record number of arrests in Tennessee and surrounding states during the 2007 reporting period.

During the 12 months that ended in September, a pair of Immigration and Customs Enforcement Fugitive Operations teams arrested 448 people in Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. That's a 65 percent increase over the 271 people arrested in the five states during the same reporting period a year prior.

Arrests of immigrant fugitives set record - Nashville, Tennessee - Monday, 12/10/07 - Tennessean.com
We also have had an ongoing sting on illegals here in North Carolina but for every one we arrest, jail then deport - it seems like 3 take his place. I have seen a 500% increase in illegals here in the last year...so sad. I plan to vote for the Presidential and State candidates who have the guts to take on the illegals and rid our country of them, while arresting and jailing those who hire them. Thanks..good info in your post.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 02:14 PM
 
16,092 posts, read 35,816,061 times
Reputation: 6264
500% increase is only the start, Mikey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Alabama!
5,802 posts, read 15,501,122 times
Reputation: 4272
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC;2216340.
I plan to vote for the Presidential and State candidates who have the guts to take on the illegals and rid our country of them, while arresting and jailing those who hire them..
I'm wondering if there will be any. We seem to have more every day here in our town. 2 new Mexican restaurants opening...and we already have at least a dozen for a town of 50,000. That's not counting the tiendas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 04:30 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,009,412 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey_NC View Post
We also have had an ongoing sting on illegals here in North Carolina but for every one we arrest, jail then deport - it seems like 3 take his place. I have seen a 500% increase in illegals here in the last year...so sad. I plan to vote for the Presidential and State candidates who have the guts to take on the illegals and rid our country of them, while arresting and jailing those who hire them. Thanks..good info in your post.

Unfortunately, it'll continue on that way until we get a 2000 mile wall on the border. I left Omaha in 73, and at that point I had never met a Hispanic person. When I returned in 2001 demographic wise, it was like an entirely different city. Today Omaha has huge pockets of Hispanics, in many areas it's like part of a foreign nation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 04:43 PM
 
1,252 posts, read 727,835 times
Reputation: 107
What does the record say about arrests and convictions of the corporations who illegally exploit the cheap labor?

Nobody talks about the fact that enforcement on that level has declined under an administration that's supposed to be all about law and order.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:09 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,164,118 times
Reputation: 138
Notice how its the same states that release articles like this. States that really don't have really large illegal populations as lets say California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:35 PM
 
2,432 posts, read 6,009,412 times
Reputation: 1009
Quote:
Originally Posted by User 2 View Post
What does the record say about arrests and convictions of the corporations who illegally exploit the cheap labor?

Nobody talks about the fact that enforcement on that level has declined under an administration that's supposed to be all about law and order.
This administration has never even attempted to be anything close to "all about law and order" when it comes to illegal aliens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:36 PM
 
1,266 posts, read 2,225,099 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Notice how its the same states that release articles like this. States that really don't have really large illegal populations as lets say California.
Unlike California most of the states that release articles like this are conservative and don't want to end up like parts of liberal California. We need more of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2007, 05:39 PM
 
Location: California
3,432 posts, read 2,164,118 times
Reputation: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Unlike California most of the states that release articles like this are conservative and don't want to end up like parts of liberal California. We need more of them.

I'd say the balance between liberal and conservative states are clear lines. We could see this from the past presidential elections, from when Al Gore and bush were running.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top