U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-01-2014, 08:31 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Reputation: 27519

Advertisements

Arizona will install more rescue beacons in the desert and equip their helicopters with hoisting equipment so that more "immigrants" won't perish in the desert.

The border patrol will also launch a campaign to inform "potential migrants" of the dangers and of the beacons.

Why not just let them walk through our border crossing with no checks whatsoever ?
If you are going to great lengths to help them cross and then rescue them when they get in trouble, just drop the charade and let them walk through the official border crossing with no papers.


Desert rescue beacons let immigrants call for help | azfamily.com Phoenix
The agency unveiled its plans Wednesday for dealing with the problem of immigrants dying in the desert, including 10 new beacons that allow migrants to call for help at the push of a red button. The agency is also adding new hoisting systems on helicopters to rescue immigrants.
..
The border patrol has launched a campaign to inform potential migrants of the dangers they'll encounter crossing the Sonoran Desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-01-2014, 08:46 AM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Why does this article continually call them "immigrants"? Arizona was denigrated a few years ago for implementing anti-illegal immigration laws so what do the supporters of illegal aliens have to say now? This is at least a humanitarian effort.

I wonder what happens to the illegal aliens who send out an SOS signal. Are they forced to go back to Mexico or their other homelands or are they allowed to come here instead?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 09:17 AM
 
1,859 posts, read 1,957,888 times
Reputation: 2351
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why does this article continually call them "immigrants"? Arizona was denigrated a few years ago for implementing anti-illegal immigration laws so what do the supporters of illegal aliens have to say now? This is at least a humanitarian effort.

I wonder what happens to the illegal aliens who send out an SOS signal. Are they forced to go back to Mexico or their other homelands or are they allowed to come here instead?
"anti-illegal" an interesting oxymoron. If they're illegal, were not suppose to enforce our laws, or keep them nice and weak so they can continue to be ignored. Illegals are bankrupting AZ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 09:19 AM
 
5,424 posts, read 4,194,860 times
Reputation: 5725
How long until they install rock stations to enable them to throw stones at border agents?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 11:06 AM
 
741 posts, read 615,197 times
Reputation: 575
Like it or not, illegals cross into the USA and injure themselves, and many die. Enforcement and rescue agencies spend millions of $$$ on rescue and recovery efforts. I think the efforts the Border Patrol is making in this new initiative will result in less expenditure and make recovering the bodies easier. Aside from that: it's the Christian thing to do - attempting to save lives no matter who the person is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 11:40 AM
 
Location: South Portland, ME
874 posts, read 967,923 times
Reputation: 868
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Why not just let them walk through our border crossing with no checks whatsoever ?
If you are going to great lengths to help them cross and then rescue them when they get in trouble, just drop the charade and let them walk through the official border crossing with no papers.
That would be ideal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 11:43 AM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Reputation: 27519
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Like it or not, illegals cross into the USA and injure themselves, and many die. Enforcement and rescue agencies spend millions of $$$ on rescue and recovery efforts. I think the efforts the Border Patrol is making in this new initiative will result in less expenditure and make recovering the bodies easier. Aside from that: it's the Christian thing to do - attempting to save lives no matter who the person is.
No, the "Christian thing to do" is drop the pretense that we guard our southern border.
Just fling open the gates and let them all walk through.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 12:20 PM
 
31,458 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Reputation: 8346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Like it or not, illegals cross into the USA and injure themselves, and many die. Enforcement and rescue agencies spend millions of $$$ on rescue and recovery efforts. I think the efforts the Border Patrol is making in this new initiative will result in less expenditure and make recovering the bodies easier. Aside from that: it's the Christian thing to do - attempting to save lives no matter who the person is.
I wonder when illegal aliens and their supporters or going to do the Christian thing and stop making a joke out of our immigration laws and the resulting inhumane results for our own citizens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-01-2014, 03:26 PM
 
11,473 posts, read 5,504,092 times
Reputation: 9856
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoulesMSU View Post
That would be ideal.
So, Joules, you are all for unlimited legal and illegal immigration. Plus you are all for open borders. In other words, you are an invasion cheerleader.

Why do you think that the US should not have immigration laws? Every country in the world has them.

Seriously, what do you think will happen if we did things your way and threw open the borders?

I'll tell you what will happen --- In no time we would become a country with 1 billion people and not enough potable water. In other words, we will look like India. I want better than that for my grandkids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-02-2014, 04:29 AM
 
8,063 posts, read 3,620,550 times
Reputation: 2449
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Arizona will install more rescue beacons in the desert and equip their helicopters with hoisting equipment so that more "immigrants" won't perish in the desert.

The border patrol will also launch a campaign to inform "potential migrants" of the dangers and of the beacons.

Why not just let them walk through our border crossing with no checks whatsoever ?
If you are going to great lengths to help them cross and then rescue them when they get in trouble, just drop the charade and let them walk through the official border crossing with no papers.


Desert rescue beacons let immigrants call for help | azfamily.com Phoenix
The agency unveiled its plans Wednesday for dealing with the problem of immigrants dying in the desert, including 10 new beacons that allow migrants to call for help at the push of a red button. The agency is also adding new hoisting systems on helicopters to rescue immigrants.
..
The border patrol has launched a campaign to inform potential migrants of the dangers they'll encounter crossing the Sonoran Desert.
Let the Illegals perish is the desert. Our Military and Law enforcement should hunt these Illegals down. Period.

Why do Illegals think they have a right to cross in US Territory with any visa of Passport?

This is a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top