U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 09:02 AM

10,395 posts, read 8,344,729 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Why just "illegal aliens"? Why not quarrantine all persons coming into the USA until we're certain they're 100% healthy? Maybe we should start with Canadians ...

Read more: Scabies outbreak spreads at Halifax hospital as 37 nurses are diagnosed | CTV Atlantic News
Or....Kenyans....eyh?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 AM

9,321 posts, read 16,133,484 times
Scabies are the least of my fears....I fear the antibiotic resistant TB they drag across the border. With MERS becoming an epidemic potential, I think checking any foreign visitor is a wise move and may become the new normal in our lifetime.

Old 05-20-2014, 09:39 AM

9,243 posts, read 7,096,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
I somehow suspect the vast majority of people in this country with scabies are U.S. citizens.
If that were true do we need to let more in with scabies?

Old 05-20-2014, 10:54 AM

5,235 posts, read 3,007,657 times
Napoleon's army sufferd from scabies before the Battle of Waterloo and were tired due to a lack of sleep maybe a factor in their losing.Scabies is easy to pass to family & pets due to your closeness to them with symptoms appearing in about 2 weeks.These microscopic bugs have sex on your skin then the female bores a hole down to lay eggs leaving a fine hair like tread so the hatchlings can climb out to start the process all over again.A prescription of a ointment that looks like waterdown Jergens will kill these bugs plus alot of house cleaning,proper hygiene to rid yourself of these troubling bugs.Your whole family plus any family pets must be treated.

Old 05-20-2014, 11:35 AM

741 posts, read 615,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
Scabies are the least of my fears....I fear the antibiotic resistant TB they drag across the border. With MERS becoming an epidemic potential, I think checking any foreign visitor is a wise move and may become the new normal in our lifetime.
Yes, let's examine or quarrantine all 68 million foreign visitors who visit the USA this year.

Old 05-22-2014, 03:23 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
Yes, let's examine or quarrantine all 68 million foreign visitors who visit the USA this year.
How about they be required to get health checks in their own countries before coming here and then enter with papers that says they are disease free?

Old 05-22-2014, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about they be required to get health checks in their own countries before coming here and then enter with papers that says they are disease free?
I doubt you'll accept the word of Mexico, or Central American countries ... or African nations ... that their nationals are pest-free. But I don't oppose imposing health certificate standards ... for each of the 70 million foreign visitors entering the USA annually. Expecting something like that is foolhardy, IMO. Because it's not workable. We'd all be required to do the same thing when we leave the USA. That would be fun, and expensive .. wouldn't it?

Old 05-22-2014, 05:31 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
Quote:
I doubt you'll accept the word of Mexico, or Central American countries ... or African nations ... that their nationals are pest-free. But I don't oppose imposing health certificate standards ... for each of the 70 million foreign visitors entering the USA annually. Expecting something like that is foolhardy, IMO. Because it's not workable. We'd all be required to do the same thing when we leave the USA. That would be fun, and expensive .. wouldn't it?
It's not that big of a deal. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Why shouldn't our government accept the health certificates from another country? Are you suggesting that they would purposely lie about them? I suppose it's possible but I think you are grasping at straws here.

Old 05-23-2014, 07:36 AM

Quote:
You're making a mountain out of a molehill.
Funny you should say that. Reading your comments in this conversation, I think you've made a sport of nit-picking things so small and making them appear as armageddon.

Buy a poppy to remember our vets, this weekend. A buck or two goes a long way!

Old 05-23-2014, 07:41 AM

86,093 posts, read 69,870,497 times
Quote:
It's not that big of a deal. You're making a mountain out of a molehill. Why shouldn't our government accept the health certificates from another country? Are you suggesting that they would purposely lie about them? I suppose it's possible but I think you are grasping at straws here.
The irony is that pets traveling internationally cannot enter any country without a health certificate and all required shots.
That system is down pat and enforced.

Yet countries don't care about "Typhoid Mary/Joe" entering their country.

Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration