Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 05:15 PM

62,934 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Okay, let's round-up the 10+ million illegals ... corral them someplace in a desert area and pen them in, and then let's have them line up so some doctors can examine them ... before marching them back to whatever country they came from. Or, worse. You know what all of these ideas sound like, don't you? Let's get real. Well, that is ... if we're seriously interested in resolving the problem. I suspect all too many people just want to whine or suggest horrific measures ... as sort of a joke. Maybe there's a joke forum here at C-D where some of these things can be transferred to.
No, let's just remove all the incentives for them to remain here and let them self-deport. If they came with infectious deseases then the damage has already been done. If you are hinting that doing health checks is akin to Nazism well what can I say? What horrific measures are you speaking of? This is a serious issue and I don't see any anti-illegal immigrationists making jokes about it only the pro-illegals do that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2014, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Why? Well if people continue to make what sound like silly suggestions/assertions maybe they need to be reminded that the problems they cite have been in this country for generations. But, it's easier to always point to THEM as the source of evil.
Some deseases that have been virtually irridicated are making a new appearance. Is it only from illegal immigration? We don't know but what we do know is that illegal aliens don't go through health checks like legal immigrants do. So what do you think the possibility is that at least some of them are carriers of deseases? Most illegals coming here come from poor and unsanitary conditions in their homelands. Gee, what are the odds?

Old 05-16-2014, 06:46 PM

25,958 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I'm sure there will be something unacceptable about this article but I'll post the link anyway: Impacts of Illegal Immigration: Diseases You see, I see the living conditions, the people, not in an article or in the news but in my city with my eyes and it is not only here that I have seen it. We spent 6 years in the Tucson area. And, no, it isn't exclusively illegals from Central and South American but almost!

Old 05-16-2014, 06:47 PM

3,391 posts, read 4,481,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This is why we need to screen people that come into this country for potential diseases and infections. When you have illegal immigration there is no telling what we are importing into this country.
I somehow suspect the vast majority of people in this country with scabies are U.S. citizens.

Old 05-19-2014, 10:11 AM

424 posts, read 467,797 times
Quote:

The discussion here isn't about E-Verify (which I strongly support), and if it was how does that relate to scabies, lice, etc? You're on the wrong page.
Actually your dramatic comment about camps made that question relevant, because such a thing would be completely unnecessary if we required eVerify and put some teeth into not using it. Put in enough teeth and you don't even need a border patrol except for drug trafficking. I'm glad you admit you support. Thanks!!

Old 05-19-2014, 11:42 AM

741 posts, read 764,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Some deseases that have been virtually irridicated are making a new appearance. Is it only from illegal immigration? We don't know ...
Then stop suggesting it's so.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Then stop suggesting it's so.
So, since illegal aliens come here without health checks and from squalid conditions that's not reason enough to "suspect" they are at least a part of the reason these previously irradicated deseases are making new a appearance and maybe even some new ones?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
So, since illegal aliens come here without health checks and from squalid conditions that's not reason enough to "suspect" they are at least a part of the reason these previously irradicated deseases are making new a appearance and maybe even some new ones?
"squalid conditions"? A bit melodramatic, and unsubstantiated?

Old 05-20-2014, 08:21 AM

Quote:
"squalid conditions"? A bit melodramatic, and unsubstantiated?
Not at all. Those illegals coming from south of our border are mostly the uneducated, unskilled and poor that live in little hole in the wall towns many with no indoor plumbing and that is just the tip of the iceberg. They are ignorant to the concept of sanitary conditions. Without indoor plumbing they just throw used toilet paper or whatever else they use to wipe themselves with into the trash. I know of one incident of that. I would imagine that they wouldn't be washing their hands afterwards either. I am sure there are many more cases like that.

Old 05-20-2014, 08:57 AM

As I said, a bit melodramatic and unsubstantiated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration