Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2014, 08:55 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainBiking View Post
I guarantee everyone here that amnesty will pass. The Republicans will vote yes for it because they will get something out of it (perhaps the pipeline? perhaps something else?) from the Democrats in a backroom deal. Both sides will come out holding hands and display big smiles and both will say it was a bi-partisan effort. They will make a big speech talking about immigration being the backbone of the USA... blah, blah, blah. This is what happens when Americans keep voting for the same two parties over and over and over and over again. Most Americans are too busy on their smartphones to understand what is going on or really don't care. Sheep mentality.

-Cheers.
Too late now for any kind of amnesty. Too many people are pissed off about that in 2014. IMHO things are more likely to go the OTHER way like US citizenship being taken away from anchor kids under a certain age and so on.

Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,488,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Too late now for any kind of amnesty. Too many people are pissed off about that in 2014. IMHO things are more likely to go the OTHER way like US citizenship being taken away from anchor kids under a certain age and so on.
I doubt that would ever happen but anti-immigrant parties are gaining traction in Europe, so who knows. Maybe Europe will stir up and intensify the anti-immigrant sentiment here.

Old 06-03-2014, 06:18 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
I doubt that would ever happen but anti-immigrant parties are gaining traction in Europe, so who knows. Maybe Europe will stir up and intensify the anti-immigrant sentiment here.
Who's anti-"immigrant"? We are anti-illegal immigration.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:20 PM

741 posts, read 764,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
If amnesty was so popular with Americans and democrats supposedly want it, then why didn't they ram it through and cram it down our throats when they had a majority house and senate during the first two years of Obama's first term? They could have done it but didn't. Invasion cheerleaders really need to think about this.
Why? Because amnesty isn't on the table for discussion. Period. Make up stories all you want, but they're still not true. I do think there's overwhelming support in the USA for the approx. 15-year path to citizenship for the illegals who can meet the requirements. But nothing is going to get serious consideration until after the November elections. Then? The movement forward will originate with the GOP.

Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longford View Post
Why? Because amnesty isn't on the table for discussion. Period. Make up stories all you want, but they're still not true. I do think there's overwhelming support in the USA for the approx. 15-year path to citizenship for the illegals who can meet the requirements. But nothing is going to get serious consideration until after the November elections. Then? The movement forward will originate with the GOP.
8 U.S. Code § 1324c - Penalties for document fraud | LII / Legal Information Institute
Any of these illegals subject to up $2000 fine per fraudulent document and up to 5 years in prison? No? I guess that is a free pass.
Support is based upon the explanation given.
For example some describe the immigration reform bill as holding illegals accountable while providing a legal status. Very light on accountability and very heavy on reward is the reality.
Some explain it as if the Immigration reform bill is the only realistic answer and that a mass deportation would be impossible.
The reality is that making E-Verify for employers and landlords mandatory would make life almost impossible for illegals and they would self deport out of necessity.
Acceptance is all in the wording of the explanation. Sugar coat anything enough and it will be accepted by the weak minded.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:35 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter what it is called. Illegal aliens should have to return to their homelands and apply to come legally just like legal immigrants do. If the incentives are removed for them to remain here many if not most will do just that.

There is no overwhelming support by American citizens that desire a path to citizenship for them unless one listens to the pro-illegal propaganda. The GOP has absolutely no vested interest in moving this type of legislation along. There is nothing in it for them.

Old 06-03-2014, 03:38 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It doesn't matter what it is called. Illegal aliens should have to return to their homelands and apply to come legally just like legal immigrants do. If the incentives are removed for them to remain here many if not most will do just that.

There is no overwhelming support by American citizens that desire a path to citizenship for them unless one listens to the pro-illegal propaganda. The GOP has absolutely no vested interest in moving this type of legislation along. There is nothing in it for them.
Correct. They should have to follow the exact same path that my wife did, and the path my step daughter is required to follow.

Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 PM

22,472 posts, read 11,998,943 times
Quote:
Longford---Once again and please listen --- This nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill is just a euphemism for amnesty. Anything that allows illegal aliens to stay in this country instead of returning to their own countries and applying to come here legally is, indeed, amnesty.

Why do you hold illegal aliens to a different standard from legal immigrants? You've never answered this question. Please do answer it. Thank you.

Legal immigrants are expected to apply to come here while living in their own countries. Then they are expected to patiently await their turn to come here, with some waiting years in refugee camps.

This so-called "immigration reform" bill is nothing but amnesty for illegal aliens and a slap in the face to legal immigrants.

I've asked you this before, yet you don't answer. --- Do you think that legal immigrants are chumps for obeying our immigration laws and patiently awaiting their turn to come here with some waiting years in refugee camps? Should they have come here illegally and demanded amnesty? Once again, I await your answer. Thank you.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Longford---Once again and please listen --- This nightmare of a so-called "immigration reform" bill is just a euphemism for amnesty. Anything that allows illegal aliens to stay in this country instead of returning to their own countries and applying to come here legally is, indeed, amnesty.
If Ronald Reagan were alive and reading your baseless assertions, I don't doubt he'd say, "There he goes again!"

Quote:
Why do you hold illegal aliens to a different standard from legal immigrants? You've never answered this question. Please do answer it. Thank you.
I don't. Stop making things up. Again.

Quote:
Legal immigrants are expected to apply to come here while living in their own countries. Then they are expected to patiently await their turn to come here, with some waiting years in refugee camps.
Yes. My father waited for permission to come to the usa. I support the controlled immigration process.

Quote:
This so-called "immigration reform" bill is nothing but amnesty for illegal aliens and a slap in the face to legal immigrants.
There you go again! Making things up.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Inform yourself. Please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration