U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2014, 04:22 PM

741 posts, read 615,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Have you not posted that illegals will have to follow the same path as legals?
No, I haven't. Rather than post accusations about something posted in a different discussion, or earlier in this discussion without appropriate reference, it's easier and suggested ... that you simply quote a person's remarks by using the "quote" feature which is available when disagreeing (or agreeing). In that way, comments are offered in context to what's being said and they're easier to track.

Quote:
Did you not post that not allowing illegals to serve in our military would put us at risk?
No. That's something you've imagined I said.

Quote:
Perhaps if you don't wish to be taken the wrong way you should be more careful in your phrasing.
Perhaps you should begin to ... pay attention .... and respond to comments I've made, or not, in the discussion thread in which they're made. You've confused yourself.

Quote:
You have on multiple occasions supported the Immigration reform Bill.
I don't know that I've offered blanked support for the immigration reform legislation, but I have said that I believe it's the most realistic/reasonable/workable solution I've seen offered.

Quote:
Stating we can't round up and deport all illegals. Virtually every poster on the forum has tried at length to explain that a Mandatory E-Verify would cause many illegals to self deport once we make life impossible.
Rounding 60 million people up (not my number, by the way) is something others have suggested and I've drawn attention to the lunacy of that idea. I've always been a strong supporter of e-verify, and have posted many such comments in various discussions.

Quote:
I don't make things up and tend to be one of the more neutral posters on this forum.
I'm sorry to say .... that, from reading the comments you've posted in n this particular discussion in response to things you claim I've said or beliefs I hold ... I'm left with the opposite assessment. I hope I'm wrong, and you're right on this point.

Quote:
You have stated repeatedly that the immigration reform Bill needs to be passed to fix our immigration system.
I don't recall ever making such a statement. I've commented on the proposals and when persons such as yourself have expressed opposition I've asked what they/you'd do in place ... to deal with the issue.

Quote:
You called it bipartisan which is after some hefty bribes to buy GOP votes were added to the bill. You denied this happened.
Yes, I've said there is bipartisan support for the legislation - and that the Speaker refuses to call/deal with the legislation. I'm unaware of "bribes" provided GOP members of the Congress and I've never denied "this happened." Such a statement is pure fantasy on your part.

Quote:
Did you not watch as the senate Dems scrambled to get several of the GOPers on board? Miles of useless fencing, additional Border patrol etc. All to appease a few.
Border state Congressmen and Senators have demanded a "secure" border before any of the proposed changes could take place. Those statements, in particular from the GOP legislators, have been widely reported. Such a provision seems to me to be offered moreso in hopes of killing any progress on the legislation, not as an indication of "bribes" to fencemakers, etc.

Quote:
A more logical and thrifty fix would be to as I said pass several smaller bills that directly target the problems rather than a large comprehensive porkster that does very little other than pander to illegals and their supporters.
A comprehensive bill is the way to go. Think this through and stage the implementation. Piecemeal legislation hasn't and won't work, IMO.

Quote:
Waiting 5 years to implement E-Verify????? Why wait?
If it can be implemented sooner, I'm all for that. All of these things are somewhat negotiable. My understanding is that the Chamber of Commerce and other employer groups, and various government agencies ... have said it will take 5 years to be up and running. If it could be implemented tomorrow, I'd support that.

Quote:
While you may wish to be unprotected in a time of crisis ... be it a national emergency due to natural disaster, or warfare ... I suspect you're in the very small minority of persons who wouldn't welcome the help of anyone who offered it ... no matter the color of their skin or their nationality or their immigration status.

Your words word for word.
Yes, I think those were my words. And I stick by them. If some kid who had no hand in being brought to the USA and who has lived here for most of his/her life wants to volunteer to serve this nation ... count me among the persons who will be grateful and who will accept that protection, support .... and offering to sacrifice his/her life for mine and for my country's. Count me an American, through and through.

Quote:
This will be the last time I reply to you.
Thank you, for that.

Last edited by Longford; 06-04-2014 at 04:39 PM..

Old 06-04-2014, 09:07 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again, you are repeating the same old stories and grievances over and over in here. Neither myself nor my wife have ever used the term "Stockholm Syndrome" as we don't even know what that is. Neither us have ever said your wife kidnapped you either. My wife may have asked you if your immigration views have been influenced by your wife's ethnicity but asking a question is different than making an accusation...
Then why did she quote an article (I prompted for which "online site" she found it at, but she wouldn't tell me) using the term if she doesn't know what it means (hint: Patty Hearst)?:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut
I found this on and online site. It made me think of you. Perhaps some of it will ring a bell. You might want to pass this on to Bob and Delphia (who are white like you and married to Hispanics) in the HB forum because if the shoe fits.......

"With the pro-illegal whites married to Mexicans/Latinos, I have a theory. Everyone has a self-identification. We can identify in more than one way. A person can identify by race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation, ethnicity. They can choose which one of these identifying characteristics they put emphasis on. For example, a devout Catholic or born-again Christian might identify first and foremost by their belief system and put less emphasis on their nationality or race".

"I believe that after they married, they became immersed in their spouses' culture and eventually changed their identification. They may claim to be white Americans (which they are technically), but emotionally they came to identify more closely to how their own spouses' identify. So when derogatory comments are made about whites, it doesn't "hit" them personally as they have already begun to identify with "the other."

"It's really a psychological phenomenon, in some ways akin (although only in some ways) to the Stockholm syndrome where hostages/kidnap victims begin to identify and sympathize with their kidnappers. That may seem far out, but I'm telling you there are certain similarities. Sometimes these victims have so lost their original identities that they actually facilitate the actions of their kidnappers to their own detriment".

"Does this seem really far out or does it make sense to you"?
She titled the DM as "psychology", and I responded:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum
I dunno: I am of "mixed race" (a Grandfather with indigenous foreign Canadian blood mixed in) married to a "White" (my wife denies anything but European Spaniard blood)...

Where did you find the information?...
She responded further:

Quote:
Are you speaking of genetics or nationality? They are two entirely different things. Weren't you raised culturally as a non-hispanic white American? That was my point and I found the comments I found to be very revealing and it seemed to fit what has happened to you, Bob and Delphina in the HB forum. I am sure it happens a lot to many culturally non-hispanic whites that marry someone outside of their culture.

Your wife may be part white genetically but she is hispanic culturally. I don't think you are getting the point here. It is about adopting one's spouses's culture, and beliefs which is totally different from your native culture. Even to the point of changing one's views on our laws and putting one's spouse's ethnic kind above our laws and implying that your fellow Americans that don't go along with this they are somehow the ones that are wrong. That is one hell of a transformation don't you think especially from someone who served in our military and knows how important it is to protect our borders and not to reward those who don't.

I think you know the stats on the negative impact of illegal immmigraton to our country are true also. I guess I just don't understand this psychological phenonenum from a fellow American based on a connected ethnic tie. Your wife and family came legally also. It just doesn't make any sense to me. This country is becoming dividided along ethnic lines on this issue and it truly saddens me. We should all put our country first not ethnics.
I tried to close the discussion:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum
You fail to understand how I was raised in New Mexico, with my wife´s culture being neither foreign nor ¨totally different¨ from my own (again, she´s not ¨part White¨, I am the ¨mixed race¨ portion of our marriage). Enough of the insults that I put ethnicity above the law, and trivializing my military service and principles. Don´t ever contact me again.
But she still replied:

Quote:
Just to clear the air and then I won't bother you again. Seems I hit a nerve of truth here. New Mexico is a U.S. state with an American culture regardless that there are some Spaniards and native indians that live there.

If your parents weren't Hispanic then you were not raised to be Hispanic culturally so yes you and your wife are not of the same culture. What's so terrible about the truth? Regardless that parts of New Mexico are dominated by Hispanics that has nothing to do with your upbringing in your home. Culture is something we learn from our parents and adopt.

Again you resort to talking about race. I am talking about culture, not race. If you want to talk about race we are what we are gentically by our genes, not what part of our genes we decide to identify with and just toss out all the other genetics that are a part of us.

Like it or not, Hispanic is not our identifying culture regardless of some heavily populated areas by Hispanics. I don't know why you are being so sensitive about all of this. I had found those quoted words and thought of you and other whites who married Hispanics and all of a sudden they became illegal alien sympathizers and in fact became critics of their fellow white Americans who aren't and had no problem with seeing them get insulted. Flashbacks of Tony Cheek [Tony was actually married to a Filipina]. In otherwords just like those words that I quoted you they went through an identity transformation from their marriage. Could that have happened to you? Just asking.

As for my comments about your military service why do you find it unusual that someone would wonder how a military person would not be upset about an illegal invasion of our country?

You're being way to sensitive about this which is why you feel you are being insulted. The truth isn't insulting. It is what it is. Just trying to figure out the mystery. To do that you have to ask questions.

So long, I won't bother you again by PM but think about what I said, ok?
But she still did:

Quote:
I normally would never contact you privately again but since the topic where you made the below remarks is locked I think a little honesty needs to be put in order.

"Which gets amusing when my marriage is labeled as "interracial" by members here. When I seem to identified as a "race traitor" for a perceived advocacy with Hispanics".

First off it was you who only called yourself white at the beginning and only after I called your marriage inter-racial did you jump in and claim native indian blood. Assuming your wife is mestizo like most Mexicans then that makes it an inter-cultural marriage rather than an inter-racial one. I don't care who marries who but please don't take my words out of chronological order as they occured and make it look like I didn't correct myself after you fully disclosed your ancestry/genetics in the open forum.

As for being a race traitor, well if someone sits silently by while others attack your own race or finds it amusing then what else is it called? I think you have made yourself pretty clear on where you stand with Hispanics even the illegal kind but that isn't what makes one a race traitor. It is what I described above.

Please keep it honest in the forum and don't just tell part of a story to make me or others look bad.
And you did as well:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory
The thread about DL's for these Dreamers did go off topic but only because someone mentioned they aren't going to pick lettuce with their work permits. It continued on about farming and the number of illegal immigrants picking crops of which someone with your views was making all kiinds of false claims that were debunked.

You should practice what you preach. A topic started about the quality of food being served to illegal immigrants in detainment you derailed by talking about your stepson being called a w*etback. It hadn't a thing to do with the topic at hand. Just saying......
Quote:
...There is still no excuse to stalk people and even go so far as to investigate my wife's ancestors. You complain that you don't like being stalked (and neither myself or my wife would ever do such a thing) and yet you did it yourself? Isn't that a bit hypocritical?
And now you are calling me a "stalker". I haven't been out of my state in almost a year, and we headed north on that trip. If you feel you have something, contact your local police department. BTW, how does someone "investigate" an ancestor?

Old 06-04-2014, 11:15 PM

31,475 posts, read 14,565,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Then why did she quote an article (I prompted for which "online site" she found it at, but she wouldn't tell me) using the term if she doesn't know what it means (hint: Patty Hearst)?:

She titled the DM as "psychology", and I responded:

She responded further:

I tried to close the discussion:

But she still replied:

But she still did:

And you did as well:

And now you are calling me a "stalker". I haven't been out of my state in almost a year, and we headed north on that trip. If you feel you have something, contact your local police department. BTW, how does someone "investigate" an ancestor?
Just as I said, my wife was asking you questions. It wasn't an accusation per se. It was just a fact that in another forum that you posted in there were non-Hispanic whites married to Hispanics and everyone of them were illegal alien sympathizers. You remember it well, don't you
Are you actually denying that you have stalked both me and my wife including giving my supposed real name to many others? Are you actually going to deny that you said that you have actually seen me in person even though we live in different states? Are you actually going to deny that you even described some supposed characteristics that I have? Are you actually going to deny that you tried to find out information on my wife's paternal grandparents and posted your results in another forum? Please..... that is internet stalking.
This has gone on far too long now and none of it belongs in THIS forum. I hope Yac puts and end to all of this. You're the one who keeps bringing this stuff up in the forum, not me.

Old 06-04-2014, 11:43 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Just as I said, my wife was asking you questions. It wasn't an accusation per se. It was just a fact that in another forum that you posted in there were non-Hispanic whites married to Hispanics and everyone of them were illegal alien sympathizers. You remember it well, don't you
Are you actually denying that you have stalked both me and my wife including giving my supposed real name to many others? Are you actually going to deny that you said that you have actually seen me in person even though we live in different states? Are you actually going to deny that you even described some supposed characteristics that I have? Are you actually going to deny that you tried to find out information on my wife's paternal grandparents and posted your results in another forum? Please..... that is internet stalking.
This has gone on far too long now and none of it belongs in THIS forum. I hope Yac puts and end to all of this. You're the one who keeps bringing this stuff up in the forum, not me.
I wouldn't know if I had ever seen you in person. It has been over five years since I've been in California, and I stayed around the Oxnard area. Have you visited New Mexico recently?

So the term "Stockholm Syndrome" was used? She seems to allude that Hispanics have a tendency not to follow laws, that can even be passed to their non-Hispanic spouse. Is it a regular thing at C-D to receive DM's to debate ethnical identity like that?

Old 06-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Yac

5,874 posts, read 6,290,826 times
I literally don't have any more ways to tell you how sad all this immature bickering makes me. This "facts=opinions" and "making an argument personal = making it better" attitude ... I'd write more but I'd have to punish myself for personal attacks, so I'll stop here with a simple
Closed.
Yac.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.