U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Easter!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:08 PM

31,488 posts, read 14,565,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Spot on, Oldglory! No one in my Hispanic family has ever been accused of being here illegally.
I've been accused of being Hispanic even though I'm not. My life went on. I didn't cry about it forever.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I've been accused of being Hispanic even though I'm not. My life went on.
But did you also have anyone publicly accuse you of being an "illegal" on the job, or tell your manager that you were an illegal alien trying to steal their identity?...

You've endlessly complained that whites have been called "crackers" and "rednecks", but have a double standard when it comes to others being called incorrect terms...

Old 05-16-2014, 08:14 PM

I rack up incidents like that to stupidity. Some people are just plain ignorant and stupid. I live in the real world knowing and accepting that. Most people aren't that way. I don't whine and cry for years when I have been wronged by people I don't even know nor do they know me.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:21 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
I've actually experienced more bigotry from Hispanics than I have from non-Hispanics.

As Oldglory said, there are people who are ignorant and stupid. You can't let people like that affect your day-to-day life. Letting things like that fester leads to having a chip on your shoulder. Not to mention it can eat you up inside. It's not worth it. Just move on and don't let these fools intimidate you.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:24 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,010,077 times
Quote:
I rack up incidents like that to stupidity. Some people are just plain ignorant and stupid. I live in the real world knowing and accepting that. Most people aren't that way. I don't whine and cry for years when I have been wronged by someone I don't even know.
Says the guy that feels wronged (and will complain about it here) when people speak Spanish in a public environment...

You would probably still kvetch about what Tony called people, and he's been dead more than four years...

Old 05-16-2014, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I've actually experienced more bigotry from Hispanics than I have from non-Hispanics.

As Oldglory said, there are people who are ignorant and stupid. You can't let people like that affect your day-to-day life. Letting things like that fester leads to having a chip on your shoulder. Not to mention it can eat you up inside. It's not worth it. Just move on and don't let these fools intimidate you.
Carrying a chip on one's shoulder eternally are for those with a victim mentality. I know who and what I am and have nothing to be ashamed of. I don't continually bring up the past once it is over.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:08 PM

11,488 posts, read 5,507,878 times
Quote:
Carrying a chip on one's shoulder eternally are for those with a victim mentality. I know who and what I am and have nothing to be ashamed of. I don't continually bring up the past once it is over.
Well put, Oldglory!

Old 05-17-2014, 12:01 AM

48,519 posts, read 81,013,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yeo p and acknowledge they have broken our laws. Rewarding law break is a dangerous path towrds anarchy.

Old 05-17-2014, 03:31 AM

20,310 posts, read 18,881,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
What class is it "pandering" to? The "deep cover" illegals (those with no suspicion from their employers, co-workers, and customers) won't fit the stereotypes of being illegal aliens. That generally means they aren't Hispanic.

But I guess your wife hasn't had accusations on the job of being an "illegal" like mine has...
No mine never has.
The reason your wife might is due to the fact that the absolute vast majority of illegals are hispanic. It's a shame it happens to your wife, but I blame the ignorant illegals for creating the truth behind the stereotype.
It panders to the the most vocal group pushing for an amnesty...

Old 05-17-2014, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No mine never has.
The reason your wife might is due to the fact that the absolute vast majority of illegals are hispanic. It's a shame it happens to your wife, but I blame the ignorant illegals for creating the truth behind the stereotype.
It panders to the the most vocal group pushing for an amnesty...
Speaking of stereotyping, those of us for the rule of law are often called bigots, racists, anti-Hispanic for just wanting our immigration laws respected and enforced. Yes, there are some very ignorant people out there. I just consider the source.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration