U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2014, 01:11 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,009,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No mine never has.
The reason your wife might is due to the fact that the absolute vast majority of illegals are hispanic. It's a shame it happens to your wife, but I blame the ignorant illegals for creating the truth behind the stereotype...
In a community that is a majority Hispanic (as City-Data reports, and I don't subscribe to the ridiculous notion that that originated or is sustained from illegal immigration, nor the recent comment here that it is impossible to tell whom is illegal and whom is legal in a community like mine) that theory falls flat. In both cases my wife was conforming to store policy on personal or third-party checks, but the perception, even the reaction from store management, is to then handle her differently. With what transpired, I think if e-Verify checks become standard, employers are just going to take the easy way out and opt to not hire those like my wife - it's a liability for them to have employees that the American public perceives to be illegal aliens working for them.

Remember, we have members here that would say that the customers needed to call ICE (the female customer did call store management about her perceived "identity theft" that caused the store to change their policy in regards to my wife) if they suspect they have found "illegals" around...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
...It panders to the the most vocal group pushing for an amnesty...
As time goes on, I find you are making less sense in how you interpret what I have said...

Old 05-17-2014, 01:26 PM

31,471 posts, read 14,559,147 times
There are millions of Hispanics here that are either citizens or legal immigrants. It is a ridiculous notion with the usage of e-verify that employers won't hire Hispanics just because the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanics. The employers would be free and clear by putting them all through e-verify just as any other non-Hispanic potential employee. Nothing any public citizen could say or accuse them of would change that. The victim mentality runs deeper than I thought.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:27 PM

11,484 posts, read 5,504,092 times
I think if e-Verify checks become standard, employers are just going to take the easy way out and opt to not hire those like my wife - it's a liability for them to have employees that the American public perceives to be illegal aliens working for them.

------------------------------
^ Huh?

If E-Verify becomes the law of the land and everybody in the work force is run through it to weed out the 8 million no-matches and if it is tweaked to pick up things like people using their kids' SSN, then why would any employer not want to hire people of Hispanic descent?

After all, if E-verify is fine tuned, illegal aliens and those who are here legally but not authorized to work, it will prevent that group from getting hired. Since illegal aliens come from every race, religion and ethnicity then E-verify will be, to coin a phrase, "color blind". Thus, why would any employer refuse to hire people from a certain ethnic group? After all, if an employer behaves that way, s/he is violating the law. Plus E-verify usage will prevent illegal aliens from getting hired.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:29 PM

The victim mentality runs deeper than I thought.
-----------------
^Sad but true, Oldglory.

Old 05-17-2014, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
I think if e-Verify checks become standard, employers are just going to take the easy way out and opt to not hire those like my wife - it's a liability for them to have employees that the American public perceives to be illegal aliens working for them.

------------------------------
^ Huh?

If E-Verify becomes the law of the land and everybody in the work force is run through it to weed out the 8 million no-matches and if it is tweaked to pick up things like people using their kids' SSN, then why would any employer not want to hire people of Hispanic descent?

After all, if E-verify is fine tuned, illegal aliens and those who are here legally but not authorized to work, it will prevent that group from getting hired. Since illegal aliens come from every race, religion and ethnicity then E-verify will be, to coin a phrase, "color blind". Thus, why would any employer refuse to hire people from a certain ethnic group? After all, if an employer behaves that way, s/he is violating the law. Plus E-verify usage will prevent illegal aliens from getting hired.
Not only that but it would only be a minority of Americans that would look at a Hispanic and automatically decide they are here illegally. Like I said before we can't change stupidity and ignorance but is that reason enough not to screen all potential hires with e-verify? I think not! I have noticed that the defenders of illegal aliens throw a hissy fit over e-verify being used. Gee, I wonder why?

Last edited by Oldglory; 05-17-2014 at 02:13 PM..

Old 05-17-2014, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
There are millions of Hispanics here that are either citizens or legal immigrants...
But you've commented many times here that you believe the current Hispanic population in the United States is largely from illegal immigration, you can't have it both ways. There was even your off-hand remark a few weeks ago (I couldn't comment at the time) that your perception found it impossible to tell whom was legal or illegal in border communities like mine. You're being quite disparate to take "offense" when someone else uses a context of NASCAR to describe white people, and yet show no concern for whom might falsely be called an "illegal".

Quote:
...It is a ridiculous notion with e-verify that employers won't hire Hispanics just because the majority of illegal aliens are Hispanics. The employers would be free and clear by putting them all through e-verify just as any other non-Hispanic potential employee. Nothing any public citizen could say or accuse them of would change that. The victim mentality runs deeper than I thought.
I didn't say "Hispanics", I said those that are perceived, like my wife, to be illegal aliens. A daycare facility isn't going to hire those "shady-looking" (as "Packard Fan" has called then) people if their clients perceive that the employees could be child molesters. Illegals are the worst form of icky scum there are, why would I want the clientele of my business to think that I have them employed there?

Old 05-17-2014, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But you've commented many times here that you believe the current Hispanic population in the United States is largely from illegal immigration, you can't have it both ways. There was even your off-hand remark a few weeks ago (I couldn't comment at the time) that your perception found it impossible to tell whom was legal or illegal in border communities like mine. You're being quite disparate to take "offense" when someone else uses a context of NASCAR to describe white people, and yet show no concern for whom might falsely be called an "illegal".

I didn't say "Hispanics", I said those that are perceived, like my wife, to be illegal aliens. A daycare facility isn't going to hire those "shady-looking" (as "Packard Fan" has called then) people if their clients perceive that the employees could be child molesters. Illegals are the worst form of icky scum there are, why would I want the clientele of my business to think that I have them employed there?
No, I have never said that! I have often quoted how many millions of Hispanics are here legally or are citizens of this country and I have never said that the majority of Hispanics are here illegally. You need to read my posts more carefully. Yes, I have said they are the largest group of all illegal aliens here illegally but that isn't a contradiction to the above either. And yes, I have said that the explosive Hispanic growth in this country for decades now has been via illegal immigration. That would include their anchor babies because they are the product of illegal immigration even though they are considered to be citizens. Please brush up on your reading comprehension.

No one should be falsely accused of being something they are not and I have never said otherwise but as I said there are ignorant and stupid people in this country and there is nothing we can do about it.

Isn't your wife Hispanic? Most Mexicans are culturally Hispanic and the combination of indio and Spanish or other roots are relatively discernable in looks. Not always but many times. Again, it is ridiculous to use the argument that you are against e-verify. I explained why already but you continue with your strawman arguments anyway.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Not only that but it would only be a minority of Americans that would look at a Hispanic and automatically decide they are here illegally. Like I said before we change stupidly and ignorance but is that reason enough not to screen all potential hires with e-verify? I think not! I have noticed that the defenders of illegal aliens throw a hissy fit over e-verify being used. Gee, I wonder why?
You said that in Hispanic communities you couldn't tell whom was here illegally and whom was legal just a few weeks ago. I can't even count the number of times you have said that the Hispanic population in the United States is largely from illegal immigration. In practice, e-Verify is going to be implemented to remove the perception that any employees are "illegals", the American public doesn't have any concern over "deep cover" illegal aliens at all.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:18 PM

didn't say "Hispanics", I said those that are perceived, like my wife, to be illegal aliens. A daycare facility isn't going to hire those "shady-looking" (as "Packard Fan" has called then) people if their clients perceive that the employees could be child molesters. Illegals are the worst form of icky scum there are, why would I want the clientele of my business to think that I have them employed there?

-------------------
^Ridiculous!

Any reputable day care center will screen any potential employee to see if they have a criminal record.

That said, unlicensed day care centers are not going to take the time to screen employees. The moral of the story for parents shopping around for day care---do your homework.

Old 05-17-2014, 02:41 PM

Quote:
No, I have never said that! I have often quoted how many millions of Hispanics are here legally or are citizens of this country and I have never said that the majority of Hispanics are here illegally...
You haven't used the "Oh My Gov" data to show that Mexicans have a higher incidence of being here illegally? Please tell me why you are minimizing your statements that most Hispanics hail from someone that has "snuck across the border". You don't remember that you commented that it was impossible to tell whom was either legal or illegal in border communities just a few weeks ago?

Quote:
...You need to read my posts more carefully. Yes, I have said they are the largest group of all illegal aliens here illegally but that isn't a contradiction to the above either. And yes, I have said that the explosive Hispanic growth in this country for decades now has been via illegal immigration. That would include their anchor babies because they are the product of illegal immigration even though they are considered to be citizens. Please brush up on your reading comprehension.

No one should be falsely accused of being something they are not and I have never said otherwise but as I said there are ignorant and stupid people in this country and there is nothing we can do about it...
You have accused the current majority of Hispanics in the United States to have derived from illegal immigration, how do you resolve that to this place in the discussion?...

Quote:
...Isn't your wife Hispanic? Most Mexicans are culturally Hispanic and the combination of indio and Spanish or other roots are relatively discernable in looks. Not always but many times. Again, it is ridiculous to use the argument that you are against e-verify. I explained why already but you continue with your strawman arguments anyway.
So why would an employer hire someone that is "relatively discernible in looks" to a people that you perceive has largely come to this country through a "crime"? An employer doesn't want the American public to think they are hiring criminals, which has a solution you have offered that there are many "Americans" (a public perception of what it means for that definition) that are willing to work those jobs instead. You don't think it is a rational result that employers would hire based on the perceptions about an individual?

Remember, you've identified that profiling is efficient, because it hones in on those that are extremely likely to be that illegal alien dirtbag scum...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration